My greatest wishes for 343 industries!!!

I made a thread about how I thought Halo was generic (don’t flame me please) and of course I got flamed. I made a another thread about “Halo fanboys are so close minded” and got banned. You see I when I was “fanboys” I was talking about those annoying people who play a game think it’s the best thing in the world even though it’s not insult every other game out there, and if anyone disagrees that their favorite game is not the best in the world they hate you and rage and flame you. I was talking about how hard it is on realy any game forum to state your opinion or put up a little constructive critiscm on a game and not get flamed. But I did target a group of the Halo fanbase and even if I intend to target Halo “fanboys” not Halo fans, I still did insult some people who are just Halo fans. I should of directed towards “fanboys” in general, or just talk about how hard it is state opinions on the forums sometimes, instead say that. But this occurence has cause some Ideas to pop up in my brain.
After this happened, I noticed how it was pretty much the same way the Bungie.net forums were here. At first a thought it was a different friendlier place, but then I realised it was so much that it was friendlier. It was that people only flame you when your opinion is not entirely pro Halo they still flame. But then I started comparing how 343i acts compared to Bungie, and to be honest I havent seen much of what 343’s community leads will behave around the fanbase. And this will be my first wish, act like how Bungie acted around there fanbase during Halo 2 & 3’s realease. After bungie made Reach they started act a bit snobby. Bungie has always been known for being good to there community, but when the whole thing with “AFKing” (<away from keyboard, when did consoles uses keyboards, AFK is a PC term) came around and bungie mad a new system for that seemed to change. I also saw some of this with the credit ban thing as well. Bungie kind of lost there kindness, they stopped taking everything that happened in a situation and if you got banned and had a good excuse they did seem to care much. The credit ban thing was more understandable, but not everything who passes the thing cheats there just no lifes. With the AFK thing some people had some good excuses for AFKing, some people had badies that were crying or some problem more important than a video game that needed there imediate attention and still got band. My first wish for you not to do that, even though that did not happen to me (when I got band from this was the first time I was banned from anything) that realy did not make many people happy.
My next wishes is again you do something more unique with Halo. Ok, so now that that is over with we can move on to what I have to say. :slight_smile:
O_o stalker face!!! Ok so first things first I need to tell you guys despite certain claims Halo is NOT the most unique thing in the world, I have seen many more intresting things and Halo is far from unique. Halo is your stereotypical areana shooter (not sure if that’s exactly what it’s called but I know this is a style of a shooter) you know that type of shooter where alll the maps are like futuristic gladitorial areanas, people jump realy high, and they can take a crap load of hits, this has been around since Quake as far as I can remeber, but it might go back further. Sceond things is that Halo’s strory is not that original either, sure it’s told in a great way but it’s so heavily infuenced by Marathon it’s ridculous. Ok Halo’s story is basicly just a rehash of Marathon with different names for things and different locations. In fact I’m going to be honest and say Halo: CE was realy just Marathon with better graphics and a more areana shooter feel to it. Not to say Halo: CE most shooters around and before that time played mostly the same way, since in the 90s (Halo: CE came out in 2001 but started development back in the 90s) people were more concerned about thhe advancement of technology rather than gameplay, so it actualy made since when people said a game is better just because of graphics.
Next thing I have to say to support my arguement is this, when people say Call of Duty has corrupted the modern gaming indusrtry didn’t Halo do the same thing? Right now Call of Duty is the biggest first person shooter on the market (though it seems it may be replaced by battlefield 3 from the way things looked at e3) and because of this multiple games devlopers are copying it making spin-offs of it, thinking will get them more money. Well truth be told, it was not so different when Halo was still top dog. When Halo gained sucssess it realy popularized the areana shooter, it was already popular before but now it was ridiculously popular. Numerous companies would make numerous areana shooter and milk them for money. Take for example Star Wars: Republic Commandos, the singleplayer was unique, but the muliplayer was realy just a stereotypical areana shooter in the star wars universe. Doom 3’s multiplayer mode was just stereotypical areana shooter in a creepy atmosphere an d no melee or grenade hotkey (I loved doom 3 singleplayer though, just absolutely scary o_O) there are numerous other examples as well, but I don’t have time to go over all of them. So alot of people thought the same of Hao back then, as we think of C.o.D. So shut up about Call of Duty it’s just the same, it just happened at different times.

So you ask how can we make changes and what changes should that be. Hmmmmmmmm I wonder. Well first I must explain to you a simple idea, a unique vewipoint at the mechanics of the game. This about FACTORS, ABILLITIES and FEATURES.
FACTORS are things in the game that effect the basic gmeplay of the game that make up the GAMEPLAY FORUMLA. There are multiple types of FACTORS they are; BACKGROUND FACTORS, BALANCE FACTORS and ABILLITY FACTORS. BACKGROUND FACTORS are FACTORS that are in almost every part of every game, but are almost unoticed. Examples are: The amount of damage that can be taken, jump height, player speed, melee damage etc. BALANCE FACTORS are FACTORS that effect the balance of certain items in the game such as weapons, such as the damage of weapons, weapons rate of fire etc. ABILLITY FACTORS are ABILLITIES (See section on ABILLITIES) that act as both FACTORS and ABILLITIES, they are things you can do, but that appear in multiple games and effect every aspect of the game. Examples would be iron sights, sprint, crouching, prone etc.
ABILITTIES are things done by the player that have little or no effect on the gameplay formula. There are multiple forms of ABILLITIES; STANDARD ABILLITIES and UNIQUE ABILLITY FACTORS. STANDARD ABILLITIES are ABILITTIES that have a minor effect on the gameplay, but still freshen the experience. Examples are: the abillity to tak a player as human sheild, assassinations, exuecutions, dodging etc. UNIQUE ABILLITY FACTORS are basicly ABILLITY FACTORS but they are unique to the inparticular game. Examples are: Halo Armor Abillities, Brink PARKOUR or Bioshock Plasmids.
FEATURES are the out of game parts of the game. There two tpes of FEATURES; MAJOR FEATURES and MINOR FEATURES. MAJOR FEATURES are the main gamemodes of a game, like Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Forge, -Yoink!- Zombies etc. MINOR FEATURES are features that have little impact on the game experience but act as a “that’s cools feature”. Exampls are; Theater, Weapon Customization, Armor Customization etc.
Now what I’m going to point out some changes in the Halo series over the years and go over what they add to the game and how much they changed
Ok First is Halo.CE to Halo 2
Changes
-FACTORS
Stronger enemies
New weapon balances
-ABILLITIES
Hijacking
Dual Weilding
-FEATURES
MAJOR
Online Mulriplayer
MINOR
Choose between Spartan or Elite
Ranking System for online

Most games have knew weapons balance and/or new enemies or stronger enemies so that isnt much, Hijacking’s good but that doesnt change to much same for dual weilding, Online multiplayer is good, but is still is the same Halo CE’s just no online

Halo 2 to Halo 3
-FACTORS
None as far as I know
ABILLITIES
Equipment
-FEATURES
MAJOR
Forge
-MINOR
Theater
Customisable Armor

No factors, Equipment is fairly good, Forge is a major change, but it’s not like it changes the Campaign or Matchmaking.

Halo 3 to Halo Reach
-FACTORS
Health
Jump Height
Melee System
PLayer Size
Bloom
-ABILLITIES
Armor Abillities
Assassination Animations
-FEATURES
Forge World
Firefight outside ODST

Factors have been changed but there almost unnoticable, except for bloom and most people dislike it, Armor Abilliteis are a good idea they just need time for 343i to balance them. IIf it gets balance than most people would probably like it give it some time. Assassinations are just fancy animations, Forge World was god Idea but It killed creativity since we only had one good Forge map :(. Meh I don’t like firefight and hasnt changed much from ODST exceppt for the customization, but noone plays custom firefight
So basicly Halo has barely added much to anything but the major features and I don’t know about you but I think most of the major features for the rest of the Halo Trilogy has been set. So we need more changes in other things and I will post what changes and additions need to be made and where in a comment because it has taken me a long time to make this post and I need time to thnk so until I make that post goodbye :smiley:

No offence but you should have included a tldr for a post this long.

So what do I suggest, I suggest more ABILLITIES (see post on abllities) like the ones in Halo 2. The hijacking in Halo 2 did not change the gameplay experience, but keep it fresh. The problem was Halo 2 only introduced two of these we should see more tha that. maybe 3 or 4 so. Also we should andvance in the already existing ABILLITIES like say instead of putting bloom on specific weapons, we remove it all and put it only on dual weilded ones. Also we should improve AAs. People dislike them but they are a good Idea, they just need improvement. The armor abillities need to be balanced. My suggestions will be in next post need to think about that as well

> So what do I suggest, I suggest more ABILLITIES (see post on abllities) like the ones in Halo 2. The hijacking in Halo 2 did not change the gameplay experience, but keep it fresh. The problem was Halo 2 only introduced two of these we should see more tha that. maybe 3 or 4 so. Also we should andvance in the already existing ABILLITIES like say instead of putting bloom on specific weapons, we remove it all and put it only on dual weilded ones. Also we should improve AAs. People dislike them but they are a good Idea, they just need improvement. The armor abillities need to be balanced. My suggestions will be in next post need to think about that as well

I agree that they should add new abillities like dual weilding but for armor abilities I think that they should balance them more like you said or they could just make them map pick ups like power weapons.

Please at least separate your post into paragraphs. No one is going be masochistic enough to read two walls of text.

And I wouldn’t say Halo is just another stereotypical shooter. After all, it did popularize console first person shooters. In fact, I don’t think I can name another blockbuster console Arena shooter besides Halo.

Quake, Doom, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Championship, Team Fortress 2 (< TF2s not your stereotypical one though) and a few others. They just arent very popular anymore. The same thing that happened to areana shooters qwill happen to modernwarfare ones though, a bunch o trenbdy kids will move on to the next big thing and dismiss the previous trend -Yoink- “nerdy”.

> Please at least separate your post into paragraphs. No one is going be masochistic enough to read two walls of text.
>
> And I wouldn’t say Halo is just another stereotypical shooter. After all, it did popularize console first person shooters. In fact, I don’t think I can name another blockbuster console Arena shooter besides Halo.

Sorry but I forgot to leave a quote tht last post was directed at you

> Quake, Doom, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Championship, Team Fortress 2 (< TF2s not your stereotypical one though) and a few others. They just arent very popular anymore. The same thing that happened to areana shooters qwill happen to modernwarfare ones though, a bunch o trenbdy kids will move on to the next big thing and dismiss the previous trend Yoink! “nerdy”.

I said for consoles.

> > Quake, Doom, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Championship, Team Fortress 2 (< TF2s not your stereotypical one though) and a few others. They just arent very popular anymore. The same thing that happened to areana shooters qwill happen to modernwarfare ones though, a bunch o trenbdy kids will move on to the next big thing and dismiss the previous trend Yoink! “nerdy”.
>
> I said for consoles.

those are all on consoles