My first social slayer match...

A few minutes in three of my teammates quit and so it was 2v5. Of course, they won and after killing me they would -Yoink!- and punch my body. Way to be social! You guys are the best and never disappoint!

Sorry, next time we’ll all join a party, and organize the enemy and our team to line up side by side facing each other and fight old colonial style. Nice and fair and social.

Welcome to halo. I know it’s all PC these days but the soul of this game is people getting owned, badly. That is really what halo multiplayer is at its core, and if you don’t like getting owned badly, then you can leave the match.

> 2604313713106098;2:
> Sorry, next time we’ll all join a party, and organize the enemy and our team to line up side by side facing each other and fight old colonial style. Nice and fair and social.
>
> Welcome to halo. I know it’s all PC these days but the soul of this game is people getting owned, badly. That is really what halo multiplayer is at its core, and if you don’t like getting owned badly, then you can leave the match.

You’re a fun person and I wish we could hang out everyday. Your outlook on online gaming and your understanding of another’s message board post is also top shelf and I hope in time everyone comes to think like you. The world would be a much better place.

Sorry, it’s just that when I press my hand to a hot stove, I understand it’s hot.

343: “Hey, guys! Here’s a Social Slayer playlist! It’s unranked, so it’s about kicking back and having a good time!”
Halo Community: sweats profusely

I kinda wish they would either not track stats for social playlists (people give too many -Yoink- about winrate / k/d) or give more severe punishments for leaving. I mean 3 minutes or whatever is an absolute joke.

> 2533274837186882;3:
> > 2604313713106098;2:
> > Sorry, next time we’ll all join a party, and organize the enemy and our team to line up side by side facing each other and fight old colonial style. Nice and fair and social.
> >
> > Welcome to halo. I know it’s all PC these days but the soul of this game is people getting owned, badly. That is really what halo multiplayer is at its core, and if you don’t like getting owned badly, then you can leave the match.
>
>
> You’re a fun person and I wish we could hang out everyday. Your outlook on online gaming and your understanding of another’s message board post is also top shelf and I hope in time everyone comes to think like you. The world would be a much better place.

Yeah - great way to have fun mate! We can stare at the screen lifelessly every -Yoinking!- minute just watching our guys get owned, and,

Realllllllllllllllllllllllllly enjoy the spirit of Halo!!!

> 2533274861882192;5:
> 343: “Hey, guys! Here’s a Social Slayer playlist! It’s unranked, so it’s about kicking back and having a good time!”
> Halo Community: sweats profusely

This! Lmaooo Halo 5 has such a competitive feel it’s hard to break. But the maps don’t help much either, so small and made for 4v4 always action competitiveness

> 2604313713106098;2:
> Sorry, next time we’ll all join a party, and organize the enemy and our team to line up side by side facing each other and fight old colonial style. Nice and fair and social.
>
> Welcome to halo. I know it’s all PC these days but the soul of this game is people getting owned, badly. That is really what halo multiplayer is at its core, and if you don’t like getting owned badly, then you can leave the match.

I thought that was gears

> 2535411664356258;6:
> I kinda wish they would either not track stats for social playlists (people give too many -Yoink- about winrate / k/d) or give more severe punishments for leaving. I mean 3 minutes or whatever is an absolute joke.

Non-issue. No-one cares about k/d w/l in social games.

Agree about quitting though.

What’s crazy is I thought to myself “Well, I might as well play some Slayer if it’s all going to be taken so seriously.” And then a minute or so into that match two of my teammates quit so it was 2v4. Maybe it’s just the people playing today.

> 2533274802109455;9:
> > 2604313713106098;2:
> > Sorry, next time we’ll all join a party, and organize the enemy and our team to line up side by side facing each other and fight old colonial style. Nice and fair and social.
> >
> > Welcome to halo. I know it’s all PC these days but the soul of this game is people getting owned, badly. That is really what halo multiplayer is at its core, and if you don’t like getting owned badly, then you can leave the match.
>
>
> I thought that was gears

It is.

> 2533274818026419;10:
> > 2535411664356258;6:
> > I kinda wish they would either not track stats for social playlists (people give too many -Yoink- about winrate / k/d) or give more severe punishments for leaving. I mean 3 minutes or whatever is an absolute joke.
>
>
> Non-issue. No-one cares about k/d w/l in social games.
>
> Agree about quitting though.

That’s a lie and you know it.

> 2604313713106098;2:
> Sorry, next time we’ll all join a party, and organize the enemy and our team to line up side by side facing each other and fight old colonial style. Nice and fair and social.
>
> Welcome to halo. I know it’s all PC these days but the soul of this game is people getting owned, badly. That is really what halo multiplayer is at its core, and if you don’t like getting owned badly, then you can leave the match.

Grunty4Prez

He couldn’t of said it better

Try 4v1 in a normal slayer match. So much fun. #dealwithit

> 2533274861882192;5:
> 343: “Hey, guys! Here’s a Social Slayer playlist! It’s unranked, so it’s about kicking back and having a good time!”
> Halo Community: sweats profusely

Triggered!

Social slayer sucks out loud. Avoid it like the plague.

Did new players not join? Usually there’s jip for social modes.

> 2604313713106098;4:
> Sorry, it’s just that when I press my hand to a hot stove, I understand it’s hot.

Your a fool sir.

Social Slayer, because of the nature of the slayer gametype, suffers from the looser matchmaking 343i implemented. Now the games are even more unbalanced. And because the games are only about killing each other the standard Halo way, the gap in skills aren’t overshadowed by random weapons like in Fiesta, or by objectives. Unfortunately, 343i’s desire to let people “sit back and relax” didn’t work, because the really good players are just going into Social Slayer, often grouped up, to dominate in the now less skill-based matches. If 343i really wants to promote a social environment, they should remove stat tracking for social games. Don’t let social games affect overall player K/D. Do that, and you remove a big reason why you see “sweaties” and “tryhards” in social games. If good players can’t pad their K/D by going into social slayer to get matched against weaker players, then I bet many will stop trying so hard in social games.