My Feedback Thus Far...

From my several matches with players vs. bots, I have a few things that I’m really not the biggest fan of so far:

1. The sprinting in the game feels super slow compared to the likes of Reach and 4; if it was tweaked to the likes of maybe Reach to where is was a little more fast-paced, then I would have no issues with it.

2. The Smart-link in this game is un-needed for most of the arsenal: the sidekick’s Smart-link, for instance, needs to be taken out of the game, that, or completely re-adjust it’s ADS to where it actually has the ability to scope to aim to your target instead of being a half–Yoinked!- mechanic. Not to where it’s like, dare I say it, Halo 5’s version of Smart-link, God forbid that game existed…

2.5. As for the addition with Smart-link, I hope to not see the Energy Sword or the Gravity Hammer be included in that list. It was extremely un-necessary for the Sword to have the range of it’s Halo 2 counterpart. As for the Hammer, that’s to be decided for the time being.

1. The biggest disappointment that I have encountered so far in the UNSC arsenal in this demo is the Commando: the ammo count feels moderately low compared to it’s low-ish DPS, it’s basically a watered-down version of it’s bigger brother, the DMR. Since the Commando is a combat-styled DMR, increase the ammo count from 20 to 25-27 to where you don’t have to reload midway through killing somebody in a match, it takes roughly a full mag and roughly 10-20% of the mext mag to fully kill a spartan with it.

That this my feedback, for now. I’m staying away from the Heat Wave due to the fact that I don’t like that gun thanks to it’s low damage, it feels as if the ricochet rounds will miss your intended targets most of the time, plus, it remindes me too much of the Didact’s Signet from Halo 5. Those type of guns aren’t necessarily my forte.

> 2533274911869879;1:
> From my several matches with players vs. bots, I have a few things that I’m really not the biggest fan of so far:
>
> 1. The sprinting in the game feels super slow compared to the likes of Reach and 4; if it was tweaked to the likes of maybe Reach to where is was a little more fast-paced, then I would have no issues with it.
>
> 2. The Smart-link in this game is un-needed for most of the arsenal: the sidekick’s Smart-link, for instance, needs to be taken out of the game, that, or completely re-adjust it’s ADS to where it actually has the ability to scope to aim to your target instead of being a half–Yoinked!- mechanic. Not to where it’s like, dare I say it, Halo 5’s version of Smart-link, God forbid that game existed…
>
> 2.5. As for the addition with Smart-link, I hope to not see the Energy Sword or the Gravity Hammer be included in that list. It was extremely un-necessary for the Sword to have the range of it’s Halo 2 counterpart. As for the Hammer, that’s to be decided for the time being.
>
> 3. The biggest disappointment that I have encountered so far in the UNSC arsenal in this demo is the Commando: the ammo count feels moderately low compared to it’s low-ish DPS, it’s basically a watered-down version of it’s bigger brother, the DMR. Since the Commando is a combat-styled DMR, increase the ammo count from 20 to 25-27 to where you don’t have to reload midway through killing somebody in a match, it takes roughly a full mag and roughly 10-20% of the mext mag to fully kill a spartan with it.
>
> That this my feedback, for now. I’m staying away from the Heat Wave due to the fact that I don’t like that gun thanks to it’s low damage, it feels as if the ricochet rounds will miss your intended targets most of the time, plus, it remindes me too much of the Didact’s Signet from Halo 5. Those type of guns aren’t necessarily my forte.

343 should lower the Commando’s fire-rate to where you don’t miss most of your shots thanks to it’s insane kick. That, or make it an alt. mode to where you can change it’s selective fire.

Surprised more aren’t talking about the coatings system, I just want to use standard colors

The issue with the Commando is that if they make it stronger (I think it’s okay, maybe up its damage a tiny bit) it will be like BR vs DMR all over again and I don’t want that.
I think the AR needs to gain its identity and not be jack of all trades, as it is right now.

I think the coatings is a good idea but the player should be able to choose the colors. Like, have a palette of colors like in Warframe (for example) and make the coatings yourself, but I understand that it can become cool as well.

We’ll see.

> 2533274973966791;3:
> Surprised more aren’t talking about the coatings system, I just want to use standard colors

That debate eventually died-off after a while. It is a topic but a small one at that. I’m sure 343 will add a LOT more coatings in the future through the battle pass or not, we’ll see when the time comes.

> 2533274911869879;1:
> From my several matches with players vs. bots, I have a few things that I’m really not the biggest fan of so far:
>
> 1. The sprinting in the game feels super slow compared to the likes of Reach and 4; if it was tweaked to the likes of maybe Reach to where is was a little more fast-paced, then I would have no issues with it.
>
> 2. The Smart-link in this game is un-needed for most of the arsenal: the sidekick’s Smart-link, for instance, needs to be taken out of the game, that, or completely re-adjust it’s ADS to where it actually has the ability to scope to aim to your target instead of being a half–Yoinked!- mechanic. Not to where it’s like, dare I say it, Halo 5’s version of Smart-link, God forbid that game existed…
>
> 2.5. As for the addition with Smart-link, I hope to not see the Energy Sword or the Gravity Hammer be included in that list. It was extremely un-necessary for the Sword to have the range of it’s Halo 2 counterpart. As for the Hammer, that’s to be decided for the time being.
>
> 3. The biggest disappointment that I have encountered so far in the UNSC arsenal in this demo is the Commando: the ammo count feels moderately low compared to it’s low-ish DPS, it’s basically a watered-down version of it’s bigger brother, the DMR. Since the Commando is a combat-styled DMR, increase the ammo count from 20 to 25-27 to where you don’t have to reload midway through killing somebody in a match, it takes roughly a full mag and roughly 10-20% of the mext mag to fully kill a spartan with it.
>
> That this my feedback, for now. I’m staying away from the Heat Wave due to the fact that I don’t like that gun thanks to it’s low damage, it feels as if the ricochet rounds will miss your intended targets most of the time, plus, it remindes me too much of the Didact’s Signet from Halo 5. Those type of guns aren’t necessarily my forte.

1. halo sprint has always ruined the pace and flow of maps its much slower because halo doesn’t need sprint at all. glad to see they found a happy medium for it.
  2. WHO CARES smart link is fine it doesn’t affect your gameplay for people who want to use it they’ll use it if you don’t like it don’t use it that simple.
    2.5 who asked?
  3. that’s like the best weapon lol wtf are you smoking brother

> 2533274973966791;3:
> Surprised more aren’t talking about the coatings system, I just want to use standard colors

I was pretty surprised by the coatings. Most of them seem to be random colors thrown together. Considering the trade off that was made to get coatings in the quality of the coatings should be much higher.

Sprint feels absolutely fine to me, It’s balanced in a way that It’s not too game changing, you can choose not to sprint and not be impacted, sprint-out time is non-existent so no delay to fire (which was my huge issue with sprinting,) and the possibility of longer jumps with enough momentum.

> 2535464070108197;6:
> > 2533274911869879;1:
> > From my several matches with players vs. bots, I have a few things that I’m really not the biggest fan of so far:
> >
> > 1. The sprinting in the game feels super slow compared to the likes of Reach and 4; if it was tweaked to the likes of maybe Reach to where is was a little more fast-paced, then I would have no issues with it.
> >
> > 2. The Smart-link in this game is un-needed for most of the arsenal: the sidekick’s Smart-link, for instance, needs to be taken out of the game, that, or completely re-adjust it’s ADS to where it actually has the ability to scope to aim to your target instead of being a half–Yoinked!- mechanic. Not to where it’s like, dare I say it, Halo 5’s version of Smart-link, God forbid that game existed…
> >
> > 2.5. As for the addition with Smart-link, I hope to not see the Energy Sword or the Gravity Hammer be included in that list. It was extremely un-necessary for the Sword to have the range of it’s Halo 2 counterpart. As for the Hammer, that’s to be decided for the time being.
> >
> > 3. The biggest disappointment that I have encountered so far in the UNSC arsenal in this demo is the Commando: the ammo count feels moderately low compared to it’s low-ish DPS, it’s basically a watered-down version of it’s bigger brother, the DMR. Since the Commando is a combat-styled DMR, increase the ammo count from 20 to 25-27 to where you don’t have to reload midway through killing somebody in a match, it takes roughly a full mag and roughly 10-20% of the mext mag to fully kill a spartan with it.
> >
> > That this my feedback, for now. I’m staying away from the Heat Wave due to the fact that I don’t like that gun thanks to it’s low damage, it feels as if the ricochet rounds will miss your intended targets most of the time, plus, it remindes me too much of the Didact’s Signet from Halo 5. Those type of guns aren’t necessarily my forte.
>
> 1. halo sprint has always ruined the pace and flow of maps its much slower because halo doesn’t need sprint at all. glad to see they found a happy medium for it.
> 2. WHO CARES smart link is fine it doesn’t affect your gameplay for people who want to use it they’ll use it if you don’t like it don’t use it that simple.
> 2.5 who asked?
> 3. that’s like the best weapon lol wtf are you smoking brother

1. Coming from a guy that has played EVERY Halo, I don’t see how sprint is ruining it; Halo 4 is a great example of the perfectly-paced sprint speed. I’m just saying match the speed to have a similar speed to where it doesn’t feel like i’m running around with an extra 1,000 pounds.
  2. I care, and, yes, Smart-link does technically affect the gun by giving better accuracy and range so you can get your target from a greater distance.
    2.5. It’s called a concern.
  3. I’m sorry to say, but the best weapon isn’t the Commando, the br is the best weapon. The Commando has way to much fire-rate and recoil to actually be extremely effective. PC may not have issues with it but I’m gonna’ go out on a limb and say that console plsyers will have more of an issue with it.