My epic idea!

Ok so what if the MC uncovers some ONI conspiracy (as a side plot) and finds out where Jun is. So then Jun tells him about Noble team and Cortana and the Chief goes off and pays respect to Noble 6- and by completing this storyline you unlock the Mk 5-B armour for multiplayer.

It could be nice as it shows Chief remembering his predecessors.

Why would Chief go to pay his respects to Noble 6 specifically when Noble 5, Jorge-052, was one of his own Spartans? He didn’t know Six or any of the other Spartan IIIs.

I just thought you could have some sort of flashback mission where you play as Jun through the Reach campaign and then polish it off with the Chief going to Reach or even that war memorial on Earth to remember Reach (sorry about the pun) and those who died for him and then give you a reward for it

Plot hole: Jun is dead
Proof: Read Halsey’s journal
Specifically, she wrote that her transport had fallen. In other words, Jun died.

> Plot hole: Jun is dead
> Proof: Read Halsey’s journal
> Specifically, she wrote that her transport had fallen. In other words, Jun died.

Wait…what I am pretty sure he picked Commander Palmer to be an SIV.

Well she was not a Commander at that time but still.

> > Plot hole: Jun is dead
> > Proof: Read Halsey’s journal
> > Specifically, she wrote that her transport had fallen. In other words, Jun died.
>
> Wait…what I am pretty sure he picked Commander Palmer to be an SIV.
>
>
> Well she was not a Commander at that time but still.

This right here. Jun is very much alive and well. Well, at the time of the SPARTAN-IV recruiting (2553) that is. His current status in 2558 is unknown.

> Specifically, she wrote that her transport had fallen. In other words, Jun died.

Sorry but Jun is alive read Halo Initiation he is the one who pick Plamer to be a Spartan IV.

Also transport had fallen does not mean he had died.

> > > Plot hole: Jun is dead
> > > Proof: Read Halsey’s journal
> > > Specifically, she wrote that her transport had fallen. In other words, Jun died.
> >
> > Wait…what I am pretty sure he picked Commander Palmer to be an SIV.
> >
> >
> > Well she was not a Commander at that time but still.
>
> This right here. Jun is very much alive and well. Well, at the time of the SPARTAN-IV recruiting (2553) that is. His current status in 2558 is unknown.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled an Ackerson and had Jun declared dead but secretly training the Spartan IVs…sort of like how they declared Kurt dead but training the Spartan IIIs.

Ahem

possible retcon or purposeful ambiguity perhaps?

> > Plot hole: Jun is dead
> > Proof: Read Halsey’s journal
> > Specifically, she wrote that her transport had fallen. In other words, Jun died.
>
> possible retcon or purposeful ambiguity perhaps?

There was never a retcon. Never was it directly stated that Jun had died it survived.

Retcons only happen when something contradicts and overrides established lore. Jun’s fate after Reach was never established, making a retcon impossible.

> > > Plot hole: Jun is dead
> > > Proof: Read Halsey’s journal
> > > Specifically, she wrote that her transport had fallen. In other words, Jun died.
> >
> > possible retcon or purposeful ambiguity perhaps?
>
> There was never a retcon. Never was it directly stated that Jun had died it survived.
>
> Retcons only happen when something contradicts and overrides established lore. Jun’s fate after Reach was never established, making a retcon impossible.

Then it was purposeful ambiguity. I recall many people talking on the bungie forums that Halsey’s diary that came with Reach said something that basically translated to “Jun died.” of course I didn’t get that version if the game so I can’t confirm how true it is.

> Why would Chief go to pay his respects to Noble 6 specifically when Noble 5, Jorge-052, was one of his own Spartans? He didn’t know Six or any of the other Spartan IIIs.

Its like saying WWII vet hears that a man like him gave his life and entire unit just so his didn’t have to die. I’m sure anyone would pay respects to someone who did this for them even if they never met them, unless they are tired of seeing graves, then it is reasonable why they wouldn’t go.

> > Why would Chief go to pay his respects to Noble 6 specifically when Noble 5, Jorge-052, was one of his own Spartans? He didn’t know Six or any of the other Spartan IIIs.
>
> Its like saying WWII vet hears that a man like him gave his life and entire unit just so his didn’t have to die. I’m sure anyone would pay respects to someone who did this for them even if they never met them, unless they are tired of seeing graves, then it is reasonable why they wouldn’t go.

I doubt he’d go out of his way simply to pay his respects, plenty of the Spartans who he grew up with also lost their lives but the most we got to Chief paying his respects was the funeral for those who didn’t survive augmentations. The rest of the time Chief simply seemed to quietly accept it and push any potentially harmful emotions out of his mind.

My point was simply that out of every member of Noble Team, Jorge-052 would be the one Chief would most likely pay his respects to.