My Dream for Halo 5 FFA

Tonight as I lost yet another game of team based matchmaking because two of my teammates quit halfway through the game, I found myself wishing for the thousandth time that there was more variety for the FFA playlist. I’ve always enjoyed Halo FFA, but in Halo 5 it just seems kind of stale after a while since it’s strictly Slayer. However, I remember hating having to play objective FFA in past titles. Now I don’t know how complicated this would be, or even if it’d be popular, but what if the FFA list was a mixed bag of the other ranked playlists? Something like this:

FFA Slayer with current (non competitive) settings
FFA SWAT (I know this is possible because they had it as a featured playlist not long after launch and I loved it)
FFA Snipers
HCS FFA with competitive settings and maps

I just know there are so many times that I want to play something like SWAT or Snipers, but keep getting unbalanced teams, teammates quit, or maybe I just feel like playing by myself, but don’t just want to play the current FFA playlist. Like I said, I may literally be the only person who this sounds appealing to and I don’t really see them making any kind of major changes this far into the game, but it was just something that popped into my head as I was raging about quitters and I thought I’d share. Also, I’m sure you could probably find FFAs like this in the file browser, but I really only prefer ranked.

Agreed. Apart from one FFA playlist and also campaign, there’s nothing in this game for the solo player. And even campaign wants you to team up. My preferred solution would be a solo firefight, but more FFA options would be better than nothing.

I like this idea, with the exception of the “non-competitive” settings, but having HCS settings thrown in there is better than nothing.

I know you said that you hate objective settings on FFA, but not everyone hates them, so I’m all for some objective settings getting thrown onto FFA [with HCS settings]!

This is my dream…

> 2533274848704527;3:
> I like this idea, with the exception of the “non-competitive” settings, but having HCS settings thrown in there is better than nothing.
>
> I know you said that you hate objective settings on FFA, but not everyone hates them, so I’m all for some objective settings getting thrown onto FFA [with HCS settings]!
>
> This is my dream…

Oh I’d for sure rather have just HCS settings, mainly just threw the standard Slayer with current settings in there just to appease those who don’t prefer the HCS settings. I also wouldn’t be opposed to trying some objective game modes in FFA either, just haven’t ever seen them work that well in previous Halos, but H5 could be different.

> 2533274889429520;4:
> > 2533274848704527;3:
> > I like this idea, with the exception of the “non-competitive” settings, but having HCS settings thrown in there is better than nothing.
> >
> > I know you said that you hate objective settings on FFA, but not everyone hates them, so I’m all for some objective settings getting thrown onto FFA [with HCS settings]!
> >
> > This is my dream…
>
> Oh I’d for sure rather have just HCS settings, mainly just threw the standard Slayer with current settings in there just to appease those who don’t prefer the HCS settings. I also wouldn’t be opposed to trying some objective game modes in FFA either, just haven’t ever seen them work that well in previous Halos, but H5 could be different.

I personally liked the FFA game modes in Halo 3 and Reach.

If they added just one other gametype betwen oddball, koth, juggernaut, or headhunter Id be ecstatic. But we know how much 343 likes their generic single gametype playlists

FFA swat , i would love that for sure.

Probably 10,000 plus FFA matches across H3, H4, H:R, H5, Cod titles and other online shooters

FFA Objective matches are for Social type playlists, not Ranked. Too many random factors that are unrelated to individual skill and too many opportunities for ‘Teaming up’ in Oddball and Crazy King. Regicide was an ‘interesting’ experiment I would not like to see repeated in Ranked also.

I’m all for different elements in FFA, but their value lies in Social rather than ranked lists.

There’s no skill in just running

I just wish I could kill the non-quitters on my team. The assmunchers that won’t quit but won’t play either. They just sit there and move just enough to not get booted for being idle.

When I have 22 kills and still lose because a non-quitter had 2 kills and 17 deaths… even the other team’s best player only had 15 kills.

> 2535435864578389;7:
> FFA swat , i would love that for sure.

It was a lot of fun when they did it as a featured playlist a while back, hated to see that one go.

> 2533274805696963;8:
> Probably 10,000 plus FFA matches across H3, H4, H:R, H5, Cod titles and other online shooters
>
> FFA Objective matches are for Social type playlists, not Ranked. Too many random factors that are unrelated to individual skill and too many opportunities for ‘Teaming up’ in Oddball and Crazy King. Regicide was an ‘interesting’ experiment I would not like to see repeated in Ranked also.
>
> I’m all for different elements in FFA, but their value lies in Social rather than ranked lists.
>
> There’s no skill in just running
> Bungie.net

I agree, I’ve never enjoyed Objective gametypes in FFA for the exact reason you mentioned. Back when Oddball was in Halo 3 FFA, me being a complete noob really just cared about finishing in the top 3 so I gained rank, rather than trying to win. So in Oddball a lot of times if I couldn’t grab the ball first, I’d try to protect whoever had it just so I could finish top 3. Not saying I’d do that now, but I’m sure some would and honestly ithe fact that I did makes me want to go back and smack my younger self in the face with my controller ha.

i get where you’re coming from on keeping ranked for more competitive playlists rather than one like this that might be considered more about having fun than being competitive, but it’s not like the current FFA playlist is really competitive when you consider the actual tournament settings vs those in the playlist. I don’t know, it’s just frustrating when half your teammates quit or act like they’ve never touched a controller before in team based playlists so you’d rather play FFA and at least not have to deal with that, but you also still wanna play something like SWAT or Snipers and having your own skill determine your rank rather than losing CSR because of teammates.

> 2533274794821492;9:
> I just wish I could kill the non-quitters on my team. The assmunchers that won’t quit but won’t play either. They just sit there and move just enough to not get booted for being idle.
>
> When I have 22 kills and still lose because a non-quitter had 2 kills and 17 deaths… even the other team’s best player only had 15 kills.

This is the biggest reason I’d like to see a FFA playlist similar to this. It gets really old losing CSR because your teammates quit/weren’t actually playing/just flat out sucked, when you personally were playing really well. And pray you don’t also happen to be one of the highest ranked players in one of those games because your CSR will plummet since apparently the system thinks you should still be able to get all 50 kills with zero help from your “teammates” because you were a Plat 2 and everyone else was a Gold 4. Before I gave up even bothering to solo q Doubles, I actually did win a game by getting all 25 kills myself because my teammate was too busy trying to betray me the entire game instead of actually killing the other team. But that was only because the guys we were playing against weren’t too great either, that shouldn’t be something the system expects you to be able to do all the time.

And like I said, I highly doubt a playlist like this would ever make it into the game, was just something that popped into my head and wondered if anyone else would find it interesting.

> 2533274889429520;1:
> Tonight as I lost yet another game of team based matchmaking because two of my teammates quit halfway through the game, I found myself wishing for the thousandth time that there was more variety for the FFA playlist. I’ve always enjoyed Halo FFA, but in Halo 5 it just seems kind of stale after a while since it’s strictly Slayer. However, I remember hating having to play objective FFA in past titles. Now I don’t know how complicated this would be, or even if it’d be popular, but what if the FFA list was a mixed bag of the other ranked playlists? Something like this:
>
> FFA Slayer with current (non competitive) settings
> FFA SWAT (I know this is possible because they had it as a featured playlist not long after launch and I loved it)
> FFA Snipers
> HCS FFA with competitive settings and maps
>
> I just know there are so many times that I want to play something like SWAT or Snipers, but keep getting unbalanced teams, teammates quit, or maybe I just feel like playing by myself, but don’t just want to play the current FFA playlist. Like I said, I may literally be the only person who this sounds appealing to and I don’t really see them making any kind of major changes this far into the game, but it was just something that popped into my head as I was raging about quitters and I thought I’d share. Also, I’m sure you could probably find FFAs like this in the file browser, but I really only prefer ranked.

I would love some ffa swat.

Yeah sometimes the games in team annoying me too, I agree with you