My Current Multiplayer Feedback (so far)

• No zoom-outs when shotWhat I mean by “zoom-out” is the process of being forced out of your smart link when receiving damage. It’s extremely annoying and I believe it’s not balanced. It’s unbalanced because it gives the damage dealer too much of an advantage, thus prevents a fair gunfight. For example, one guy is shooting first while the other is spending more time trying to sight in again and again.

• **No friendly fire and have JIP in Arena (Join in Progress)**It’s a huge oversight that this was still allowed in the game. Not only will trolls take advantage of this feature, but it also degrades the experience when team kills reduce your team’s score. When they do get kicked from the game, you just lost a teammate and you won’t get another one. Now imagine if one guy gets booted and another quits on your team. It’s now a 2v4 game. Totally not fair, right? If only we could get more teammates to join in session to help out…right?

Now I may be wrong, but is there an automatic boot system when you betray your teammates 3+ times? If so, then that’s good. If not, then that’s extremely bad. You know why? Two teammates enter a game–both are friends–they start team killing each other on purpose so their team loses in Slayer/SWAT.

• Sensitivity OptionsFor the first part of this feedback, I have to say that a 10 sensitivity is not fast enough. To me, a 10 sensitivity in Halo 5 feels like a 3/4 sensitivity in Advanced Warfare. If I could suggest a change, 343 should add a total of 20 sensitivity options.

The second part revolves around the look sensitivity while in Smart-Link. IMO, I think that a new function entitled “Smart-link slowdown” should be added, which can be toggled in the menus. It basically reduces your look sensitivity while in smart link, thus allowing more accurate shots as a result.

• More Game modesI’m not a fan of the current selection of Arena modes to play. In all honesty, I would add some more game modes, both current and completely new ones.
    Here’s an example of modes that I would like to see:

• Team Slayer - Free For All - SWAT - Breakout - CTF - Strongholds - Action Sack (including Rocket Race and Grifball) - Infected (having a system similar to Flood ie no more one shot kills)
    In other words, drop Team Arena and split it up to allow more choices. If the demand is high enough, maybe add Oddball and some others.

• Nerfed MagnumI know this hasn’t been a popular subject, but I have to say that the magnum is a bit too overpowered. I know people have been clamoring for a high powered pistol since the Halo: CE days, but it’s not a good idea in today’s game. I say so because if a small magnum can outclass the Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, and even the DMR, then what point is there to use those three weapons? I assumed that a secondary weapon meant it was inferior to the primary, but I guess that logic was thrown out of the window. If I could suggest something, I would nerf the pistol’s effective damage, but also increase the rate of fire. That way, it’s weak enough to be kept as a backup, but still useful should you desperately need it.

Am I correct in saying that you’re saying there should be no Descope when shot? There should be no friendly fire? There should be JIP in Arena? They should tone down the spawning weapon that is the pistol?
Come on, bro… these are the only things 343 got right.

No OP sorry but the only things here that IMO are okay to complain about is more gametypes and the sensitivity thing if you feel you need faster that’s okay everything else just no. For JIP it would be okay if a social playlist is added for arena also but when ranks are involved just no that would be awful.

> 2717573882290994;2:
> Am I correct in saying that you’re saying there should be no Descope when shot? There should be no friendly fire? There should be JIP in Arena? They should tone down the spawning weapon that is the pistol?
> Come on, bro… these are the only things 343 got right.

Exactly. All these “problems” were what I hated the most about H4. I’m glad they are gone.

> 2717573882290994;2:
> Am I correct in saying that you’re saying there should be no Descope when shot? There should be no friendly fire? There should be JIP in Arena? They should tone down the spawning weapon that is the pistol?
> Come on, bro… these are the only things 343 got right.

Why is it a problem for two scoped-in players to have a firefight without de-scoping? Wouldn’t it be fair for both to have equality instead of the “whoever de-scopes first loses” logic?

10 send too slow??? How the heck do you play on 10… Like 12 shot pistol people? Or only AR? 20 sens lolz

> 2597611927948033;5:
> > 2717573882290994;2:
> > Am I correct in saying that you’re saying there should be no Descope when shot? There should be no friendly fire? There should be JIP in Arena? They should tone down the spawning weapon that is the pistol?
> > Come on, bro… these are the only things 343 got right.
>
>
> Why is it a problem for two scoped-in players to have a firefight without de-scoping? Wouldn’t it be fair for both to have equality instead of the “whoever de-scopes first loses” logic?

That’s where skill comes into play. If you feel that you are losing firefights because you keep getting descoped, the only solution is to practice and get better.

So basically, take all the stuff that made Halo 4 such a terrible Arena experience and bring it back? Um, no.

Disagree with everything apart from Join-In-Progress when im in a team of 4 and one of us disconnects and he cant get back in even though its his slot its abit stupid and I think theres going to be quite a few more game modes added in later.

> 2533274821881749;7:
> > 2597611927948033;5:
> > > 2717573882290994;2:
> > >
>
>
> That’s where skill comes into play. If you feel that you are losing firefights because you keep getting descoped, the only solution is to practice and get better.

So instead of fixing an issue where people frantically “spray and pray” and de-scopes someone who could have successfully retaliated, we leave it on the logic of “GET GUD SCRUB” to settle things. Seems reasonable…(not really)

Solution for team killers/quitters & JIP - play with friends and/or people from forums who also want to win!’

> 2533274808525447;11:
> Solution for team killers/quitters & JIP - play with friends and/or people from forums who also want to win!’

What if you have no friends and have trouble making them?

> 2533274819303871;6:
> 10 send too slow??? How the heck do you play on 10… Like 12 shot pistol people? Or only AR? 20 sens lolz

Yes, I play on 10 sensitivity. It’s honestly too slow for me–even slower compared to Halo: MCC.

The sensitivity feels weird to me. Can’t put my finger on it but I struggle to aim properly and I usually have no issue in any other console fps.

Also I keep getting matchmade vs americans, as a european. Their latency advantage combined with my not spot on aim = bad time. Stop matching me against -Yoinking!- americans ffs. I’m sure plenty of europeans have the game.

> 2597611927948033;13:
> > 2533274819303871;6:
> > 10 send too slow??? How the heck do you play on 10… Like 12 shot pistol people? Or only AR? 20 sens lolz
>
>
> Yes, I play on 10 sensitivity. It’s honestly too slow for me–even slower compared to Halo: MCC.

There’s also a huge deadzone in the aiming mechanic. I’ve been playing on 10 with a Scuf and there’s definitely an issue with the turn speed not feeling right. Fine tuning your aim is next to impossible. God I hope they fix this :frowning:

> 2597611927948033;10:
> > 2533274821881749;7:
> > > 2597611927948033;5:
> > > > 2717573882290994;2:
> > > >
> >
> >
> > That’s where skill comes into play. If you feel that you are losing firefights because you keep getting descoped, the only solution is to practice and get better.
>
>
> So instead of fixing an issue where people frantically “spray and pray” and de-scopes someone who could have successfully retaliated, we leave it on the logic of “GET GUD SCRUB” to settle things. Seems reasonable…(not really)

Those are your words, not mine. I apologize if I came off as rude, but when I suggested practicing to better yourself as a player, I meant it without a shred of sarcasm.

Your fist two points are just awful and destroys your entire credibility.

Descoping is Halo . . . and it has been in every halo game except 4 (which was wildly criticized for not having it). This is an arena shooter, not military shooter. You should be firing from the hip 95% of the time anyway.

There is no reason to have JIP in a ranked game . . . it would just be an extremely -Yoink- experience to get thrown into a game almost done and get those stats for losing. If someone leaves early, report them and move on. This is Halo and it sounds like you aren’t used to this franchise, so I suggest you adapt or move on.

Halo 3 had friendly fire.
Halo 3 you came out of zoom when you took damage.
Halo 3 had no join in progress.

So in my personally opinion they got these things spot on in H5. The only 2 things I have an issue with is the radar being far to short, would like it same as H3 range and personally there is too many grenades available on maps which kinda results in alot of nade spamming.

Overall I am enjoying getting back into the Halo franchise after 5+ years away from it :slight_smile:

First of all, if you find sensitivity 10 to be slow, than you must be a real life spartan with super reflexes or something, so why are you playing a video game instead of killing covies. Heh

Second, as other people have pointed out, the other things you talked about wanting added, are things that they had in Halo 4 which were likely primary contributors to the game losing its population rather quickly. We DO NOT want them back. I’m genuinely sorry that these things are needed to improve your experience, but, put simply, they are detrimental to the community at large.

> 2598952284985344;19:
> the other things you talked about wanting added, are things that they had in Halo 4 which were likely primary contributors to the game losing its population rather quickly. We DO NOT want them back. I’m genuinely sorry that these things are needed to improve your experience, but, put simply, they are detrimental to the community at large.

I don’t understand how removing de-scoping would be a negative experience. What’s wrong with your opponent being able to stay scoped so they can properly retaliate? I don’t find it fair that someone who’s getting pecked a few times by a “pray sprayer” can’t effectively fight back because the game mechanics demand he cannot stay within smart link when taking those tiny hits. Are people only in favor of this de-scoping system because they want to win their rightful gunfight because they shot first?

The other thing is JIP. I also don’t understand why people can play a game and expect there to be a fun experience when you have to worry about team killing trolls and quitting teammates. This issue cannot be resolved by simply reporting others and acquiring more friends. Speaking of friends, I noticed the mentality of others when I ask if someone’s playing solo and/or cannot acquire new friends–“Oh well, that’s their fault”, the community responds. Also, If people are worried about joining a game in progress, then don’t have the session count as a loss to those who joined a random lobby (they still suffer a loss if they join a friend/recent player’s session).

Overall, my feedback was based on keeping the game enjoyable ie not having uneven teams, keeping trolls at bay, and having gunfights based on skill without an extreme advantage given to the first shooter. However, from my guess, it seems the community is about wanting every advantage they can get.

• The enemy team lost 2 people? Great! It’s an easier game!
  • I shot you first, so you cannot zoom in and retaliate. This makes everything easy.
  • Our team is about to win by one point. Let’s team kill a few times and make them lose.Want another example? I hear people complaining about how the motion tracker (in Arena) is useless…they want to have the radar’s range extended? Motion trackers in general are the biggest hand holding tools in Halo and people want that buffed!?