My copy of Halo anniversary didn't come with mp maps code.

Long story short:

Bought the game, no code for the Multiplayer maps.
Contacted local store, they told me to contact xbox support.
I contacted Xbox support, and they told me to contact bungie
I am awaiting response from bungie, but i’m guessing they will forward me to 343 studieos…

Soeh, anyone know where the “contact us” button is on this site? >_>
I’d really like to contact them and ask for a code, since i’m supposed to get it if i buy the game…

Regards,
Kris

Your retailer should have provided them, if they refuse to, return the game and go somewhere else to buy it.

They didn’t even know anything about the codes… >_<

> They didn’t even know anything about the codes… >_<

Simply return it and go to another store, preferably a known retailer, you are guaranteed to get it and possibly get the pre-order edition.

> > They didn’t even know anything about the codes… >_<
>
> Simply return it and go to another store, preferably a known retailer, you are guaranteed to get it and possibly get the pre-order edition.

i got the game for christmas, so no recipe… so i can’t return it :S

> > > They didn’t even know anything about the codes… >_<
> >
> > Simply return it and go to another store, preferably a known retailer, you are guaranteed to get it and possibly get the pre-order edition.
>
> i got the game for christmas, so no recipe… so i can’t return it :S

call Judge Judy :smiley:

Nobody here able to help? :S

Is your country supported by XBL?

Countries supported

Someone’s mentioned Xbox Live is not officially supported in some countries, so they couldn’t include the map pack code.

> Is your country supported by XBL?
>
> Countries supported
>
> Someone’s mentioned Xbox Live is not officially supported in some countries, so they couldn’t include the map pack code.

Yes, it is. I live in Norway.

It’s a tricky situation you find yourself in, I can understand why the store might not be willing to help if you’ve got no receipt and they don’t even know what the code is.

It’s strange that MS would tell you to contact Bungie, MS are publisher and Bungie are totally uninvolved with CEA. :confused:

I doubt that 343 would have a system in place to deal with missing codes, however I’m pretty sure that BS Angel will have a bunch of them to use for giveaways and such so you could try PMing her and explaining your problem.

If I was you I’d phone MS again, it’s probable you just got through to an idiot, MS’s customer support is notoriously rubbish so you may have just got the wrong person. You could try tweeting to @Xboxsupport they usually give really quick responses, I’m not sure if there’s a Norway-specific twitter address though?

> It’s a tricky situation you find yourself in, I can understand why the store might not be willing to help if you’ve got no receipt and they don’t even know what the code is.
>
> It’s strange that MS would tell you to contact Bungie, MS are publisher and Bungie are totally uninvolved with CEA. :confused:
>
> I doubt that 343 would have a system in place to deal with missing codes, however I’m pretty sure that BS Angel will have a bunch of them to use for giveaways and such so you could try PMing her and explaining your problem.
>
> If I was you I’d phone MS again, it’s probable you just got through to an idiot, MS’s customer support is notoriously rubbish so you may have just got the wrong person. You could try tweeting to @Xboxsupport they usually give really quick responses, I’m not sure if there’s a Norway-specific twitter address though?

Allright, thank you for your response, that really helps!

I will try to contact BS Angel then, and if he/she is not able to help me i will call Xbox support again. The guy i talked with told me to call back if Bungie was not able to help anyway.

Thank you once again!

Kris

Did you buy the game 2nd hand?. I guess if you don’t get the code. Take your game back and go to another shop. Or just buy the map pack for 800MP on The xbox live marketplace :slight_smile:

> Did you buy the game 2nd hand?. I guess if you don’t get the code. Take your game back and go to another shop. Or just buy the map pack for 800MP on The xbox live marketplace :slight_smile:

OP got it for christmas so he can’t return it and the Map Pack costs 1200 MS Points.

> Or just buy the map pack for 800MP on The xbox live marketplace

I think the days of 800MicrosoftPoint DLC maybe dead :frowning:

That said I got mah code, but thinking of Halo 4…

Still no answer from anyone… :S

They told you to contact Bungie? You got trolled

You’d think they’d know better than to forward you to a company that didn’t even put the game out, if your code is missing, there’s not much you can do. Most Walmart stores where I live will take a game back without a receipt but they’ll only exchanged it for another copy of the same title. However that may help in this case, since your copy didn’t have a code.

I work for a retail store and have noticed that copies of CEA coming in after christmas are not the same. They dont have the sleeve on them tell you the bonus items you get for buying the game. It is possible that MS only gave the codes for a limited. Did you get your grunt funeral and avatar item codes also? If you didnt i then suggest going to Gamestop to purchase a copy. They are the most likely to still have copies with all the codes for sale.

> I work for a retail store and have noticed that copies of CEA coming in after christmas are not the same. They dont have the sleeve on them tell you the bonus items you get for buying the game. It is possible that MS only gave the codes for a limited. Did you get your grunt funeral and avatar item codes also? If you didnt i then suggest going to Gamestop to purchase a copy. They are the most likely to still have copies with all the codes for sale.

Also, if it was not in wrapping and didn’t have the Microsoft/Xbox sticker sealing the opening part of the case, its been opened. Anything could’ve happened to those codes.

OP can have my unused code if he wants, lol.