My concerns about Halo 5 Forge For PC Support

My concerns about Halo 5 Forge For PC Support are the following…

1. Why are there no replies to support questions from the Devs? Do they not want the Halo Community to support the game?
  2. Why on the dedicated ( Hosting a game ) server you cannot kick or ban people that cheat and or create hate and discontent. When you host a game is sez DEDICATED SERVER. strange humm.
  3. Is this a ALPHA version of the the game? A beta would have more fixes.
  4. Why is there no documentation for Forge 5?

Where I come from Actions speak louder than Words! So far I have seen neither for the Devs. I wonder what the problem is? hummmm

Just my observations and concerns. :wink:

> 2535412285268338;1:
> My concerns about Halo 5 Forge For PC Support are the following…
> 1. Why are there no replies to support questions from the Devs? Do they not want the Halo Community to support the game?
> 2. Why on the dedicated ( Hosting a game ) server you cannot kick or ban people that cheat and or create hate and discontent. When you host a game is sez DEDICATED SERVER. strange humm.
> 3. Is this a ALPHA version of the the game? A beta would have more fixes.
> 4. Why is there no documentation for Forge 5?
> Where I come from Actions speak louder than Words! So far I have seen neither for the Devs. I wonder what the problem is? hummmm
>
> Just my observations and concerns. :wink:

Halo 5 Forge on PC is fulfilling its role. It’s not meant to be a full free game to play, or a place where you go just to hang out on customs. It is where you go to forge stuff for those who bought the game on Xbox, which it does perfectly. Their support may be lacking, I dunno, but it depends on the questions you’re asking. It sucks that you can’t kick people, but I’m not sure you can do it on Xbox either.

Also what are you talking about documentation?

> 2535406272231884;2:
> > 2535412285268338;1:
> > My concerns about Halo 5 Forge For PC Support are the following…
> > 1. Why are there no replies to support questions from the Devs? Do they not want the Halo Community to support the game?
> > 2. Why on the dedicated ( Hosting a game ) server you cannot kick or ban people that cheat and or create hate and discontent. When you host a game is sez DEDICATED SERVER. strange humm.
> > 3. Is this a ALPHA version of the the game? A beta would have more fixes.
> > 4. Why is there no documentation for Forge 5?
> > Where I come from Actions speak louder than Words! So far I have seen neither for the Devs. I wonder what the problem is? hummmm
> >
> > Just my observations and concerns. :wink:
>
>
> Halo 5 Forge on PC is fulfilling its role. It’s not meant to be a full free game to play, or a place where you go just to hang out on customs. It is where you go to forge stuff for those who bought the game on Xbox, which it does perfectly. Their support may be lacking, I dunno, but it depends on the questions you’re asking. It sucks that you can’t kick people, but I’m not sure you can do it on Xbox either.
>
> Also what are you talking about documentation?

Can’t kick people unless in pre game lobbies. You can lock the lobbies (no idea on pc) on Xbox tho. I do have a question tho. What’s the point of a forge only on pc? Is it for people to make maps and then transition it to console? Or is it only for pc only for those who like to build?

I’ve heard it’s not as good as it could be.

> 2533274923562209;3:
> > 2535406272231884;2:
> > > 2535412285268338;1:
> > > My concerns about Halo 5 Forge For PC Support are the following…
> > > 1. Why are there no replies to support questions from the Devs? Do they not want the Halo Community to support the game?
> > > 2. Why on the dedicated ( Hosting a game ) server you cannot kick or ban people that cheat and or create hate and discontent. When you host a game is sez DEDICATED SERVER. strange humm.
> > > 3. Is this a ALPHA version of the the game? A beta would have more fixes.
> > > 4. Why is there no documentation for Forge 5?
> > > Where I come from Actions speak louder than Words! So far I have seen neither for the Devs. I wonder what the problem is? hummmm
> > >
> > > Just my observations and concerns. :wink:
> >
> >
> > Halo 5 Forge on PC is fulfilling its role. It’s not meant to be a full free game to play, or a place where you go just to hang out on customs. It is where you go to forge stuff for those who bought the game on Xbox, which it does perfectly. Their support may be lacking, I dunno, but it depends on the questions you’re asking. It sucks that you can’t kick people, but I’m not sure you can do it on Xbox either.
> >
> > Also what are you talking about documentation?
>
>
> Can’t kick people unless in pre game lobbies. You can lock the lobbies (no idea on pc) on Xbox tho. I do have a question tho. What’s the point of a forge only on pc? Is it for people to make maps and then transition it to console? Or is it only for pc only for those who like to build?

From my perspective, it’s for those that enjoy forging on the console to have an additional medium for forging that might be preferable to them.

> 2533274923562209;3:
> > 2535406272231884;2:
> > > 2535412285268338;1:
> > > My concerns about Halo 5 Forge For PC Support are the following…
> > > 1. Why are there no replies to support questions from the Devs? Do they not want the Halo Community to support the game?
> > > 2. Why on the dedicated ( Hosting a game ) server you cannot kick or ban people that cheat and or create hate and discontent. When you host a game is sez DEDICATED SERVER. strange humm.
> > > 3. Is this a ALPHA version of the the game? A beta would have more fixes.
> > > 4. Why is there no documentation for Forge 5?
> > > Where I come from Actions speak louder than Words! So far I have seen neither for the Devs. I wonder what the problem is? hummmm
> > >
> > > Just my observations and concerns. :wink:
> >
> >
> > Halo 5 Forge on PC is fulfilling its role. It’s not meant to be a full free game to play, or a place where you go just to hang out on customs. It is where you go to forge stuff for those who bought the game on Xbox, which it does perfectly. Their support may be lacking, I dunno, but it depends on the questions you’re asking. It sucks that you can’t kick people, but I’m not sure you can do it on Xbox either.
> >
> > Also what are you talking about documentation?
>
>
> Can’t kick people unless in pre game lobbies. You can lock the lobbies (no idea on pc) on Xbox tho. I do have a question tho. What’s the point of a forge only on pc? Is it for people to make maps and then transition it to console? Or is it only for pc only for those who like to build?

It makes forging easier because the accuracy of the mouse and keyboard, thats basically what it was for. To improve map accuracy and quality.

People saying its solely for forge are missing the bigger picture. They didn’t put in all this effort of getting most of Halo 5 onto PC just for Xbox players to make maps to play. They did it to test the waters of Halo on PC and that is as clear as day if you look at other huge Xbox IPs like GOW and Forza coming to PC. Microsoft would never spend the money, time, and manpower just for a small singular goal that is incredibly specific (How many Xbox players can run this game and want to run this game just to make maps to play back on Forge? I am sure a decent number but I doubt enough people to make this worth the effort put in)

Fact is, players have a right to report bugs with the game, this product has several issues or Quality of Life aspects that people want fixed. Its important they address them in some manner, even a transparent “We cannot do any of this because of X reasons”. Its entirely fair to say its a free game/product and I think that is true, people shouldn’t expect gold. But I don’t think people are expecting gold, they are expecting developer engagement with the PC community and bugfixes. How about a statement on why the game requires SEE4.1 support on CPUs cutting out a lot of older CPU users, most of us still able to play modern games elsewhere just fine.

To put it simple, this is a test, a first step in their PC future. The fact we have gone over a month with not as much of a peep makes me uncomfortable because this is meant to be their first impression, to say “Yeah we care about PC and we can do serious PC gaming, when we release the next full Halo product its gonna be good”

1. Mouse input lag.
  2. We need chat in pregame lobby.
  3. Vehicle gunning controls are not mouse/keyboard adjusted. (Tanks, gunners on hogs, etc.)
  4. Game crashes randomly on some custom maps.
  5. Servers have max player limit of 16, lobbies have unlimited player limit. Makes no sense.
  6. Cannot adjust previously made custom game types. Have to create every custom game type from scratch.
  7. Custom game browser, where is this? It’s been over a month since release. Even Halo 1 had a game browser. Halo 1 PC was released in 2004. It’s 2016.

I’m writing this here because I have seen zero responses from anyone at 343 regarding any of these issues. At least acknowledge that you guys are aware of all of these problems. And if you don’t plan on fixing it, tell us so we stop wasting our time troubleshooting your game for you.

> 2535435362462713;8:
> 1. Mouse input lag.
> 2. We need chat in pregame lobby.
> 3. Vehicle gunning controls are not mouse/keyboard adjusted. (Tanks, gunners on hogs, etc.)
> 4. Game crashes randomly on some custom maps.
> 5. Servers have max player limit of 16, lobbies have unlimited player limit. Makes no sense.
> 6. Cannot adjust previously made custom game types. Have to create every custom game type from scratch.
> 7. Custom game browser, where is this? It’s been over a month since release. Even Halo 1 had a game browser. Halo 1 PC was released in 2004. It’s 2016.
>
> I’m writing this here because I have seen zero responses from anyone at 343 regarding any of these issues. At least acknowledge that you guys are aware of all of these problems. And if you don’t plan on fixing it, tell us so we stop wasting our time troubleshooting your game for you.

Agreed +1

Input lag can be stopped by turning off VSync and enabling Raw Input.

Second, you can block troublesome people via their gamertag profile. (Through the XBox App).