My Campaign progress was RESET?

Hello, forum.

I was planning to unlock the “Midnight Launch” achievement with my brother. Fast-forward to 11:45pm, and we are both getting ready. I load up co-op for my bro to join, and he does so. We both start the second level in the game, and we acquire the Warthog. Long story short, we both got the achievement.

As he signs off, I notice something strange. My spartan was in its default green color with the default armor and my Spartan Rank at 1. As I further investigate the problem, I discover that my load-outs and my armor presets were reset, along with my campaign progress.

My spartan rank does go back to normal later on, but my campaign still thinks that I’ve just started the game. I’m pretty disappointed because I was beating the campaign on Legendary and I only got to the fourth mission. I lost motivation and I don’t feel like restarting. I’ve already contacted Microsoft about this issue and they told me that it’s occurred in past Halo games, especially Reach.

I was then told to post on the forums to see if I would get some sort of solution, but for now, Microsoft doesn’t know what’s going on. I’m wondering if anyone’s having the same issue and if anyone had found a solution to recover their save data.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. Goodbye.

This happened to me too! I have to restart my campaign and get all the terminals again.

> Hello, forum.
>
> I was planning to unlock the “Midnight Launch” achievement with my brother. Fast-forward to 11:45pm, and we are both getting ready. I load up co-op for my bro to join, and he does so. We both start the second level in the game, and we acquire the Warthog. Long story short, we both got the achievement.
>
> As he signs off, I notice something strange. My spartan was in its default green color with the default armor and my Spartan Rank at 1. As I further investigate the problem, I discover that my load-outs and my armor presets were reset, along with my campaign progress.
>
> My spartan rank does go back to normal later on, but my campaign still thinks that I’ve just started the game. I’m pretty disappointed because I was beating the campaign on Legendary and I only got to the fourth mission. I lost motivation and I don’t feel like restarting. I’ve already contacted Microsoft about this issue and they told me that it’s occurred in past Halo games, especially Reach.
>
> I was then told to post on the forums to see if I would get some sort of solution, but for now, Microsoft doesn’t know what’s going on. I’m wondering if anyone’s having the same issue and if anyone had found a solution to recover their save data.
>
> Thank you for taking your time to read this. Goodbye.

I’m pretty sure this is what happened.

If you are doing the campaign, your progress is lost if you choose a new level to play. You would have lost your “Resume Campaign”

You should still have credit for the legendary missions you beat, but you have lost your saved progress for the mission you were currently on.

You might have skipped it but there was a “Playing __ will delete current progress.”

So, your “Resume Campaign” was removed when you went to do Requiem.

This happens in all Halo games and does lead to frustration.

You should still have the levels you completed still fullfilled. But you will have to restart on the most recent level you were on.

> > Hello, forum.
> >
> > I was planning to unlock the “Midnight Launch” achievement with my brother. Fast-forward to 11:45pm, and we are both getting ready. I load up co-op for my bro to join, and he does so. We both start the second level in the game, and we acquire the Warthog. Long story short, we both got the achievement.
> >
> > As he signs off, I notice something strange. My spartan was in its default green color with the default armor and my Spartan Rank at 1. As I further investigate the problem, I discover that my load-outs and my armor presets were reset, along with my campaign progress.
> >
> > My spartan rank does go back to normal later on, but my campaign still thinks that I’ve just started the game. I’m pretty disappointed because I was beating the campaign on Legendary and I only got to the fourth mission. I lost motivation and I don’t feel like restarting. I’ve already contacted Microsoft about this issue and they told me that it’s occurred in past Halo games, especially Reach.
> >
> > I was then told to post on the forums to see if I would get some sort of solution, but for now, Microsoft doesn’t know what’s going on. I’m wondering if anyone’s having the same issue and if anyone had found a solution to recover their save data.
> >
> > Thank you for taking your time to read this. Goodbye.
>
> I’m pretty sure this is what happened.
>
> If you are doing the campaign, your progress is lost if you choose a new level to play. You would have lost your “Resume Campaign”
>
> You should still have credit for the legendary missions you beat, but you have lost your saved progress for the mission you were currently on.
>
> You might have skipped it but there was a “Playing __ will delete current progress.”
>
> So, your “Resume Campaign” was removed when you went to do Requiem.
>
> This happens in all Halo games and does lead to frustration.
>
> You should still have the levels you completed still fullfilled. But you will have to restart on the most recent level you were on.

no this will still tell you what lvl you beat what he is saying it said he did nothing this happened to mee to so now says i never been coop legendary but i have the achivement still so its weird but it happens

I completed the game on Legendary and was so pleased, I then went to play Co-op and it toatally wiped my save! as in couldnt even choose from any missions apart from the first… I have master chief armour and my waypoint page says ive done it all on legendary but on my game it says I havent even started it… youre not the only one! :frowning:

Hello-

My progrees on everything was also reset

I call bs on this because I have not seen one complaint or has it ever occured to me in a previous Halo game…I assume microsoft is lying. I am especially angry with this because never in my life has a game had this issue. AND IT HAPPENED SEVERAL TIMES! this is why I refuse to spend any more money on this bs DLC and all until this company shows me they are the professionals they claim to be…I swear I trust them for one moment then they Piss on me again.Stop stressing 343 show whatever “-Yoink!-” thats in charge of you that when you need more time it means YOU NEED MORE TIME…don’t let a bug like this throw away your fans

This happened to me last week. Its as if the game thinks you’re playing it for the first time. I posted the issue in the “Halo 4 known issues” thread, and a monitor told me that this is a bug that can hit ramdom people at times. He suggested that I try deleting my gamertag from my xbox while offline, and try to download it again from xbox live. He says there’s a little chance that it will retrieve an older version of your gamertag with all your campaign progress, loadouts, controller settings and other lost info intact. But its not guaranteed it’ll work. You can go see his reply in the Known Issues thread, I think its page 365.

I didn’t try it because I fixed everything before I got the reply, but you should try it and see how it goes.

I cannot believe this is still going on, I have completed this campaign many times on legendary and very single time it deletes it. I am getting real tired of your -Yoink- 343, you ought to fix this.

funny the same BS happened to me 3 times already…

This incident happened to me as well: When I had beaten the first 4 missions on Legendary, I decided to take a break from the campaign and play some War Games. However, the second I opened Infinity, I received the opening cutscene as if I was restarting. Similarly to everyone else here, I had maintained my rank and commendations, but had lost my loadouts and other personal modifications. Confused, I remade my loadouts and returned to the campaign section of the game. To my horror, I realized that the mission I had been playing was still available(Reclaimer), but all other missions had been reset! I checked Waypoint for the commendations, and found that they still remained. Hoping to still gain the several achievements correlated with completing the game solo on Legendary, I finished the remaining missions (5 and on) in a few more days. I did not receive the achievement nor the Master Chief armor, even though my commendations state that I have finished all missions on Legendary. I am extremely reluctant, but forced to replay the first 4 missions in order to collect the achievements, armor, and gamerscore that I earned. Beating the first 4 missions on Legendary was neither easy nor fun, and that leads me to my annoyance at Microsoft’s and 343’s ineptitude. Glitches like this should not occur on a fairly large scale with the size and reputation of both companies.

Well glad to see I’m not the only one suffering from this BS. My load outs we’re reset for the 6th time now and my campaign progress has just been deleted for the first time. Out of the group of people I play Halo with, it has only happened to me. Does anyone know if freakin 343/Microsoft is trying to fix this?

This happens to everyone, as well as me.