My breaking point

Ok, I’m sorry, but I’m at my breaking point. All the dumb things 343 has done from the start I’ve been defending them beyond any sane person should, but this I cannot stand. It’s Christmas week, THE MOST TRAVELED WEEK, and these fools make an event that REQUIRE someone to play 1 match EVERY DAY to progress. What about for all the people that are traveling and don’t have their Xbox / PC and can’t play? What about the people working a bunch and can only play the game on their one day off on the busiest week because it’s the only time they’re free? Why should we be penalized or punished and miss out on LITERALLY THE ONLY FREE COSMETICS?!! Why?? So you can turn around and sell this stuff for $20 in some dumb bundle??

This has to be the most poorly planned out event I’ve ever seen on any video game. I’m sorry 343, I’ve defended the hell out of you, but if you can’t get a simple thing like this right then I don’t know what I’ll do. I’m trying real hard to love this game but honestly it’s hard. And I’m a DIE HARD Halo fan. This is rough.

3 Likes

-Yoink!- if you do, -Yoink!- if you don’t.

You win sometimes, you lose sometimes. There isn’t a single Christmas event that doesn’t require the player to put out some sort of effort for their holiday swag my guy. This isn’t a 343 exclusive situation.

6 Likes

I think it’s a nice advent calendar type giveaway.

You can miss a few days if you’re travelling and still get all 10 days worth of gifts.

You can do it Dec 21st to 30th but it runs to Jan 04th to give you a few extra chances.

If you’re away for a week you’ll miss a bit though.

2 Likes

You can’t though, you have to play every day to unlock 1 item. So if you miss a week or so you only get 3 items. There’s absolutely zero reason they they can’t give you the option to get it all in a day simply because ITS FREE STUFF ANYWAY!! I don’t see why if something is FREE why you have to put restrictions on it, I’m not saying it should all be given automatically, but allow someone to possibly do 5-6 bounties over a few hrs to rank up a bit if they choose to. It’s purely cosmetic stuff that we otherwise would have to pay 10-20 bucks for. It’s crazy

1 Like

If you miss a week I think you can still get the first 8 items due to the 5 extra days they’ve added at the end for people away at Christmas.

I understand your point though, just trying to help.

You missed my point completely. What I’m saying is, for example, I’m off today, I work a double work shift tmrw and then I fly out of state the following day for a week. Why should I have to miss out on FREE COSMETICS because of my schedule when I should’ve at least had the option like the other event to knock out 2-5 bounties today to at least rank up a bit and not miss out on everything except some dumb emblem? It’s free stuff, as I said before, I don’t want it given to me automatically, I’m 10000% fine with grinding for it, but I should at least have the option to grind it all in a day if I choose to.

1 Like

Why should we be penalized or punished and miss out on LITERALLY THE ONLY FREE COSMETICS?!! Why??

It’s a two week event. You can’t find 10 days in which you can play for 10 minutes each day? Your holiday schedule is that jam packed? Man that does suck, but like… This is such a player friendly event. Maybe you just miss out on the last few cosmetics. Sorry. Not everyone gets everything.

So you can turn around and sell this stuff for $20 in some dumb bundle??

Yeah I’m 90% sure they’re not going to do this. You’re just upset.

This has to be the most poorly planned out event I’ve ever seen on any video game.

You must not play a lot of online games then. This is pretty standard stuff, and is probably one of the least offensive holiday events I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the system.

Can you only unlock the corresponding cosmetics on the corresponding days? Or by day 10 can you just play 10 straight matches?

I believe it’s still 1 reward per day though. So since I won’t be able to hop online tomorrow and I’ll be out of town for the following 7 days, that means I’ll get maybe 4 rewards out of the 10, which, ok sure it’s still 4 free things. But that’s still kinda lame. At least give the option to grind it all out ya know?

1 Like

I think it’s one unlock a day on 10 different days.

1 Like

It’s 1 per day. That’s it. You can’t make up days if you miss them

I believe it’s still 1 reward per day though. So since I won’t be able to hop online tomorrow and I’ll be out of town for the following 7 days, that means I’ll get maybe 4 rewards out of the 10

If you’re missing 8 days, you should be able to unlock 6 rewards, correct? It’s two weeks. You’re missing out on one nameplate, one weapon coating for the pistol, one leg attachment, and an orange armor coating. All in all, that’s not really that bad.

If you’ve got roomies or a friend, maybe have them log on and play one game per day and buy them a pizza when you get back.

So the cosmetics in the store aren’t $10 each? Is that what you’re saying? Also I’m sorry if you don’t have plans for the holidays, not all of us sit in front of a tv every day. My wife and kids will be going out of town visiting in laws for the next 7-8 days after my week working at a hospital working double shifts helping Covid patients. So yeah, I’m a bit annoyed that my 1 free day of being able to play a video games for a few hrs is penalizing me for having a life. Especially for free content.

This is your breaking point? You are unable to play for a bit and miss out on a few crappy cosmetics? Would you like the holiday cosmetics to still be unlocked in July for someone that was unable to play for that long? Where is an appropriate cutoff?
I was out for Thanksgiving week and missed the entire fractures event, as was appropriate.

3 Likes

Fear not, the rewards are lame so you aren’t missing anything!

4 Likes

So the cosmetics in the store aren’t $10 each?

That’s not what I said. I said they probably aren’t going to sell these cosmetics at all.

Also I’m sorry if you don’t have plans for the holidays, not all of us sit in front of a tv every day.

Lol don’t get snarky with me just because you’re throwing a tantrum like a little child that can’t get everything he wants. I am traveling for the holidays (planning on bringing my laptop to do one game before bed each night), and I’ve got plenty of hobbies that get me out from in front of the “tv.” I’m also grown up enough to know that I can’t get all the things I want because there’s only so many hours in the day.

2 Likes

But the thing about tenrai is that when it comes back in 2 weeks you’ll have the ability to do all the event challenges to make up for your lost time. Last event they limited us to 4 ranks, this time it’ll be unlimited. So yes, you have the ability to go up 1-5 lvls in a day if you chose. For this, what I’m saying is let us have that ability as well! Give us our event challenges and if we wanna do it all in a day then we can. I’m not saying extend the event, I’m just saying give us the ability to do it as fast/slow as we’d like, just like tenrai was / is

1 Like

Again, you’re missing my point. They literally have an event model of Tenrai which allows us to complete multiple Tenrai challenges per day if we chose over the course of the week, why change it? Keep that model, Tenrai was literally the one thing they seemed to get right and they ignore it and make a model like this of having people play a game every day during a week where not everyone has a laptop and not everyone can play the game daily. It just seems goofy

But what is an appropriate cutoff? What about someone that is taking 2 weeks vacation, or a month? Too bad for them?

2 Likes

Agreed, but that’s a matter of opinion. I’m sure there’s people who absolutely want it and like me aren’t able to play the game every day and will have to miss out on stuff that should be grindable in a day if we choose to do so.