My BR speed calculations

Okay, I posted this in the other thread, but was unsure if anyone would read it and that it would get buried…so I decided to make a new thread about it to see if anyone can validate what i did.

LINK

I took the full GIF from neoGAF, thanks to plywood.

Then I put it into GIF splitter, a free program that splits the GIF into individual frames.

Once that was complete, i went in and counted from the 2nd shot firing to the 3rd shot firing.

What i got was 10 frames in that timespan. If we are to assume that 30fps is locked, that would make it 3 shots per second.

A 4sk on the BR would be at the minimum, using this calculation, 1.3334 seconds. Faster than the Halo 2 BR by a little under 7/10ths of a second.

Thoughts? Or anyone able to possibly validate my calculation?

Here’s a thought.

THE GAME ISN’T EVEN RELEASED YET. THERE’S GOING TO BE SO MANY CHANGES FROM NOW UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE.

> Here’s a thought.
>
> THE GAME ISN’T EVEN RELEASED YET. THERE’S GOING TO BE SO MANY CHANGES FROM NOW UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE.

What is your issue…

I think the BR is a 5 shot kill.
Or at least that is what it looks like from the video.

> I think the BR is a 5 shot kill.
> Or at least that is what it looks like from the video.

nope. looking frame-by-frame, it is a 4sk.

first shot is partial, next two are full, (2.5 shots)…next 2 are partials (let’s say 3.5)…1 bullet and then 1 bullet to finish.

i went frame-by-frame bro. tis a 4sk.

if it was a 5sk, we would have seen more shots, the way he was shooting…probably 2 or 3 more.

> Here’s a thought.
>
> THE GAME ISN’T EVEN RELEASED YET. THERE’S GOING TO BE SO MANY CHANGES FROM NOW UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE.

and yet they are doing internal betas.

the game is close to being done from a beta standpoint, then it is just pumping the crap out of the graphics-engine and making double-sure everything is stable and ready to go.

> Okay, I posted this in the other thread, but was unsure if anyone would read it and that it would get buried…so I decided to make a new thread about it to see if anyone can validate what i did.
>
>
> LINK
>
> I took the full GIF from neoGAF, thanks to plywood.
>
> Then I put it into GIF splitter, a free program that splits the GIF into individual frames.
>
> Once that was complete, i went in and counted from the 2nd shot firing to the 3rd shot firing.
>
> What i got was 10 frames in that timespan. If we are to assume that 30fps is locked, that would make it 3 shots per second.
>
> A 4sk on the BR would be at the minimum, using this calculation, 1.3334 seconds. Faster than the Halo 2 BR by a little under 7/10ths of a second.
>
> Thoughts? Or anyone able to possibly validate my calculation?

you need time for a three round burst. Then time between each burst. Example. If a burst takes 10 frames to go through its animation. And 5 frames between bursts (we just assume the dude was spamming it) then we have 40 frames of firing and 15 frames of in between in a 4sk br. 55 frames divided by 30 would be the hypothetical minimum kill time in seconds.

> > Okay, I posted this in the other thread, but was unsure if anyone would read it and that it would get buried…so I decided to make a new thread about it to see if anyone can validate what i did.
> >
> >
> > LINK
> >
> > I took the full GIF from neoGAF, thanks to plywood.
> >
> > Then I put it into GIF splitter, a free program that splits the GIF into individual frames.
> >
> > Once that was complete, i went in and counted from the 2nd shot firing to the 3rd shot firing.
> >
> > What i got was 10 frames in that timespan. If we are to assume that 30fps is locked, that would make it 3 shots per second.
> >
> > A 4sk on the BR would be at the minimum, using this calculation, 1.3334 seconds. Faster than the Halo 2 BR by a little under 7/10ths of a second.
> >
> > Thoughts? Or anyone able to possibly validate my calculation?
>
> you need time for a three round burst. Then time between each burst. Example. If a burst takes 10 frames to go through its animation. And 5 frames between bursts (we just assume the dude was spamming it) then we have 40 frames of firing and 15 frames of in between in a 4sk br. 55 frames divided by 30 would be the hypothetical minimum kill time in seconds.

because i have it split into pictures, there is no sound…so it is difficult to get the exact number of frames for the 3 round burst, so i cannot be totally specific.

i can tell you though that the frames from the first bullet of the 2nd shot to the first bullet of the 3rd shot is 10 frames.

if you can do a more thorough job, and possibly correct my numbers, please do so.

Math

Sounds like a fast kill time …

> Math
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sounds like a fast kill time …

heheh, well factoring in movement speed, strafing and sprint…it would be very difficult to get that kill time.

i am still waiting for someone to verify/substantiate my observation though…this is the kind of thing that i would need more than one input to make a definitive stance.

i have never used gif splitter before this, and would really like to see if my calculations run concurrently with others using this formula.

^bump for epic math skillz and truth =P

> Here’s a thought.
>

changes yes, not that many though since the game is near done …