my boy decimus

…Is going to be OP. For those of you who haven’t read the patch notes, boundless siphon is getting a 250% buff. It’s going to be Forge all over again. We thought the nightmare was over… But it’s only just begun. This is coming from a Decimus main. If boundless siphon gets buffed that hard, his armies will be borderline invincible.

Someone needs to tell the balancing team to stop hotboxing the office.

I main decimus as well and honestly I think we all have to just wait and see. Boundless siphon is pretty garbage in its current state so maybe this won’t be as bad as the forgehog.

I highly doubt it. The current Heal rate in it now is so low its useless. With the buff it can now be actually compared to Combat Repair. Which will still be better in my opinion.

i wouldn’t jump to the op sense on that quite yet. forgehog was a bigger issue because it happens earlier in the game. you don’t get boundless siphon til later on so it could just be more balanced for decimus if anything

> 2533274830489835;1:
> …Is going to be OP. For those of you who haven’t read the patch notes, boundless siphon is getting a 250% buff. It’s going to be Forge all over again. We thought the nightmare was over… But it’s only just begun. This is coming from a Decimus main. If boundless siphon gets buffed that hard, his armies will be borderline invincible.
>
> Someone needs to tell the balancing team to stop hotboxing the office.

Um, what? Its not gonna be game breaking. It isnt even noticeable as of right now. Plus you have to give up teleport to get it.

> 2533274922326904;5:
> > 2533274830489835;1:
> > …Is going to be OP. For those of you who haven’t read the patch notes, boundless siphon is getting a 250% buff. It’s going to be Forge all over again. We thought the nightmare was over… But it’s only just begun. This is coming from a Decimus main. If boundless siphon gets buffed that hard, his armies will be borderline invincible.
> >
> > Someone needs to tell the balancing team to stop hotboxing the office.
>
> Um, what? Its not gonna be game breaking. It isnt even noticeable as of right now. Plus you have to give up teleport to get it.

Teleport sucks now with the unnecessary nerf, so getting Boundless Siphon has always been the way to go. The OP makes a great point, I use Decimus regularly as well and while I agree his boundless siphon is barely noticeable as of right now it still makes a difference. I don’t get whats up with the developers at 343 increasing and decreasing things by 100%+ (because if you ever have to adjust values over 100% then something is obviously wrong, or you’re making a mistake) but a 250% increase on his boundless siphon will pretty much make his scarab invincible:

Boundless Siphon + Engineers + Scarab w/ invincible y ability will make the Scarab one of the most used units in the next season, calling it now. Will it be as bad as the Forge Hog atm? Idk but 3 vs 3 triple Decimus scarab and fail safe hit & run banshees will defiantly see a return this next season.

Boundless siphon was originally a 1% leader power. I thought the exact same thing when I saw the patch notes but going from 1% to 3.5% on a passive heal is not going to make him have an unkillable army or an Invincible scarab. I could be wrong but I think it will actually make it a balanced leader power and worth getting because up to this point it was hot garbage.

He is going to better than he is currently, which is already really good.

But, I wouldn’t jump to the O word just yet.

Currently, as far as I am aware, boundless siphon is only a 1% siphon rate of health. 250% means its increasing by 2.5 so we will now have a 3.5% siphon health rate. While that is a decent percent increase I do not believe that will be considered OP and will probably make it slightly better then colony’s combat repair since siphon happens only in combat.