My Biggest Problem with the REQs in updates

What I am talking about here revolves around the new weapons, armor and such that is added in the monthly updates. Some of these include the Gravity Hammer, Pizza AR skin, etc.

My biggest issue with this is that it’s impossible to be hyped up for something that you’ll probably never get. You either have to pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to obtain all of the REQs in the game or grind for hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get them. Like about 99% of the Halo 5 community, I would rather not waste my cash on requisitions.

This leaves me and just about every other player in the spot where they don’t even have half of the REQs. The idea is that everyone gets all excited about 343 adding the Hammer into Halo 5, right? Nope. It’ll just be another REQ card thrown in the hundreds of them that we will most likely never get.

To sum it up, my point is that it’s impossible to be excited about getting new REQs when you have less than a 5% chance of getting one of them. These free updates should be prividing all of the content to the players, not leaving it up to the roll of the dice. Players should be granted access to all of the new REQs added in the updates. If 343 isn’t willing to bargain that much, then the least they could do is give everyone free certifications to new weapons added to the game. Right now 343 is basically supporting those who just forked over hundreds of dollars to them via microtransactions. The rest of us are just receiving a ton of garbage.

Understandable. Maybe they should give us even more REQ’s in a pack?

The chances of obtaining reqs depend on your play time. If you don’t play often enough, then your chances are low. Most of these are common to rare which can be obtained in silver packs.

> 2533274875982754;3:
> The chances of obtaining reqs depend on your play time. If you don’t play often enough, then your chances are low. Most of these are common to rare which can be obtained in silver packs.

I’ve played for over 150 hours and still have about a quarter of the REQs. That is a hell of a long time, so if you’re telling me I should play longer then you are out of your mind.

> 2535420373165854;4:
> > 2533274875982754;3:
> > The chances of obtaining reqs depend on your play time. If you don’t play often enough, then your chances are low. Most of these are common to rare which can be obtained in silver packs.
>
>
> I’ve played for over 150 hours and still have about a quarter of the REQs. That is a hell of a long time, so if you’re telling me I should play longer then you are out of your mind.

Don’t know how that is possible, I have played about 100 hours and have 50% of REQ’s. I don’t mind grinding out for the REQ’s keeps it interesting and I’m almost done with Common/Uncommon so will be moving onto Gold shortly.

> 2533274797339751;5:
> > 2535420373165854;4:
> > > 2533274875982754;3:
> > > The chances of obtaining reqs depend on your play time. If you don’t play often enough, then your chances are low. Most of these are common to rare which can be obtained in silver packs.
> >
> >
> > I’ve played for over 150 hours and still have about a quarter of the REQs. That is a hell of a long time, so if you’re telling me I should play longer then you are out of your mind.
>
>
> Don’t know how that is possible, I have played about 100 hours and have 50% of REQ’s. I don’t mind grinding out for the REQ’s keeps it interesting and I’m almost done with Common/Uncommon so will be moving onto Gold shortly.

Don’t move on to gold until you’re done with the rares. Keep buying silvers until they give you back req points.

As for the original poster, I understand you’re frustration, but that’s also part of the reward for playing for hours and grinding out the reqs. There are 24 reqs that are rare or lower. So I’m guaranteed to get the hammer within 12 silver packs. Yeah if you haven’t finished grinding out all the rare reqs you’ll probably have to wait longer, but that’s part of the benefit of playing and dedicating time to a game you enjoy playing. To the victor go the spoils.

Well the hammer is rare, so just do your silvers. Easy. Its also going to be in arena and grifball, plus customs. But when it comes to stuff like the H2 BR… I agree.

I’m just about done with my silver REQ packs, I WILL get everything and it won’t take me forever. I just play Halo, because I like Halo eventually I’ll have it all without paying a dime.

Anything that is rare or lower is easily obtainable if you’ve gone through the req elimination process of bronze -silver -gold. It will take a few days of 5 warzone matches per to unlock all rares from the updates. I myself am working on golds so getting 2 silver packs instead is not a problem at all.

> 2535420373165854;4:
> > 2533274875982754;3:
> > The chances of obtaining reqs depend on your play time. If you don’t play often enough, then your chances are low. Most of these are common to rare which can be obtained in silver packs.
>
>
> I’ve played for over 150 hours and still have about a quarter of the REQs. That is a hell of a long time, so if you’re telling me I should play longer then you are out of your mind.

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? I have all uncommon to mythic. Right now I am sitting on 200k req points. With about 300 hours of play time.

> 2535420373165854;1:
> What I am talking about here revolves around the new weapons, armor and such that is added in the monthly updates. Some of these include the Gravity Hammer, Pizza AR skin, etc.
>
> My biggest issue with this is that it’s impossible to be hyped up for something that you’ll probably never get. You either have to pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to obtain all of the REQs in the game or grind for hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get them. Like about 99% of the Halo 5 community, I would rather not waste my cash on requisitions.
>
> This leaves me and just about every other player in the spot where they don’t even have half of the REQs. The idea is that everyone gets all excited about 343 adding the Hammer into Halo 5, right? Nope. It’ll just be another REQ card thrown in the hundreds of them that we will most likely never get.
>
> To sum it up, my point is that it’s impossible to be excited about getting new REQs when you have less than a 5% chance of getting one of them. These free updates should be prividing all of the content to the players, not leaving it up to the roll of the dice. Players should be granted access to all of the new REQs added in the updates. If 343 isn’t willing to bargain that much, then the least they could do is give everyone free certifications to new weapons added to the game. Right now 343 is basically supporting those who just forked over hundreds of dollars to them via microtransactions. The rest of us are just receiving a ton of garbage.

well, to be slightly fair, the people who did spend real money are the ones technically funding the free reqs being added to the game. but besides that fact, I see where your coming from, and agree. though, how I think it should be is, for example,the gravity hammer. we should instantly get that certification, but any variants should be worked towards or bought.

I have about two thirds of the armors and helmets and about half of the emblems. I don’t remember how much I have of weapons and vehicles but it isn’t as bad as it seems to be. It does take a long time but not too long.

My problem with the new updates is that the new visors are the same. The new visors are just purple with different tints or shaded differently. Maybe a new blue or yellow visor can be good. Maybe orange.

> 2533274910077620;13:
> My problem with the new updates is that the new visors are the same. The new visors are just purple with different tints or shaded differently. Maybe a new blue or yellow visor can be good. Maybe orange.

I hate almost all visors in Halo 5, I think they should just be simple colors, and the legendary ones have two colors combined like most of the Halo 5 visors.

I understand what you mean…
Its hard to get exited about the reqs, when I still have nothing from the last update (Still waiting for that Halo 2 BR)

The higher level stuff is all that even weighs in anymore. I’ve not needed to buy silver packs since the last update. The gold pack grind is starting to really drag on, though.

I’m shocked there are so many still without all req cards. I am just waiting for the update so I can get the new stuff with my saved up req points.

So true. I’ve abandoned ship on all my other games since this game came out and here are my stats to show for it-

Halo 5 Gold Pack Completion:
Customization-
Helmet: 20
Armor: 20
Visor: 3
Emblem: 19
Stance: 2
Assassination: 0
Skin: 5
Loadout:
BR: 0
DMR: 8
H2BR: 0
SMG: 2
Armor Mod: 1
Power Weapons and Vehicles:
PW: 7
Vehicle: 7
Power Up: 1
Total Items Needed: 95
Total Gold Packs Needed: 48
Total REQ Points Needed: 480,000

Now, most of my matches are WZA, BTB, or WZ. I only play WZ to use my boosts, but play two so I’ll have a lobby and not waste a good boost on a game halfway through.

BTB I do the same as WZ, but with less rage from boss steal kills. The rest is WZA. I haven’t spent a dime on this game (aside from buying the game itself), but have grinded the crap out of it since day 1.

> 2533274800197043;17:
> I’m shocked there are so many still without all req cards. I am just waiting for the update so I can get the new stuff with my saved up req points.

Yeah, maybe because we don’t play Halo 5 for 561 hours. I just checked your service record.

> 2535420373165854;1:
> What I am talking about here revolves around the new weapons, armor and such that is added in the monthly updates. Some of these include the Gravity Hammer, Pizza AR skin, etc.
>
> My biggest issue with this is that it’s impossible to be hyped up for something that you’ll probably never get. You either have to pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to obtain all of the REQs in the game or grind for hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get them. Like about 99% of the Halo 5 community, I would rather not waste my cash on requisitions.
>
> This leaves me and just about every other player in the spot where they don’t even have half of the REQs. The idea is that everyone gets all excited about 343 adding the Hammer into Halo 5, right? Nope. It’ll just be another REQ card thrown in the hundreds of them that we will most likely never get.
>
> To sum it up, my point is that it’s impossible to be excited about getting new REQs when you have less than a 5% chance of getting one of them. These free updates should be prividing all of the content to the players, not leaving it up to the roll of the dice. Players should be granted access to all of the new REQs added in the updates. If 343 isn’t willing to bargain that much, then the least they could do is give everyone free certifications to new weapons added to the game. Right now 343 is basically supporting those who just forked over hundreds of dollars to them via microtransactions. The rest of us are just receiving a ton of garbage.

I love you mate.
You basically summed up my biggest problem with halo 5.
why the -Yoink- are there 250 emblems, 200 helmets and 200 armor … and why the -Yoink- is that not enough?
I would have grinded the current REQs… but 50 more USELESS items evey month…NO!!!
I wish 343 would listen to these forums… please someone change this mess.
Ningeek185… I wish there were more of us.