My biggest fear for Halo 4

The multiplayer community…

Out of all of the things 343 has changed, I’m more scared of the community and the players that it will bring than the actual changes.

I mean the generation of today…most of them on xbox live are just down right rude.

At least it’s not as bad as the cod community.

Mute button is your friend

In all seriousness though I really hope it doesn’t turn the halo community into something like the COD community, as its terrible.

The online community has improved significantly from Halo 2. There are still rude kids on XBox Live, but in Halo 2, I couldn’t play a match without hearing [literally] every profanity in the English language. Seriously. People would just recite curse words through their headsets. Those were good times.

I’d worry about this if people talked in game, and weren’t sat in parties.

Muting doesn’t stop them from messaging me.

I’m honestly scared of the community shifting into Childhood Daycare’s community.

You know there is a reason why moms say “CoD is such a great baby sitter.”

Even the adult men behave like 9 year olds!

I would love to be able to communicate more in games, but the constant idiots put me off. Playing crap music down their mic, coughing continually and just the plain annoying squeaky voices. It’s a shame really that i have to mute everyone cos online play is swarming with fools.

> I would love to be able to communicate more in games but the constant idiots put me off. Playing crap music down them mic, coughing continually and just the plain annoying squeaky voices. It’s a shame really that i have to mute everyone cos online play is swarming with fools.

I know how you feel, honestly, I haven’t gotten one match where there were actual teammates who were usefully talkative in a while.

It’s a problem inherit online gaming in general and not specific to any one game. The problems may vary between each game sure but the power that being anonymous grants players the right to be rude, mean spirited, and annoying.

For me, i have set where no one can message me or talk to me. Anyone that isn’t on my friends list (I.E people i play with and know) isn’t someone worth talking to in the first place when searching with randoms.

That’s the best solution to avoid interactions with the plebeians that infest the online player space.

> I’d worry about this if people talked in game, and weren’t sat in parties.

It is better that way, I always hear music playing, kids yelling, and people talking garbage. It got old, so I decided to talk to people who were mature through party chat.

> It’s a problem inherit online gaming in general and not specific to any one game. The problems may vary between each game sure but the power that being anonymous grants players the right to be rude, mean spirited, and annoying.
>
>
> For me, i have set where no one can message me or talk to me. Anyone that isn’t on my friends list (I.E people i play with and know) isn’t someone worth talking to in the first place when searching with randoms.

I’m the kind of person, who loves meeting new individuals, though I guess in game really isn’t a place to meet other players, considering everyone acts like jerk offs anyway.

I wish I could understand what compels certain people to be scum on xbox live. It be cool to meet some interesting, fun people online instead of arrogant people.

> > It’s a problem inherit online gaming in general and not specific to any one game. The problems may vary between each game sure but the power that being anonymous grants players the right to be rude, mean spirited, and annoying.
> >
> >
> > For me, i have set where no one can message me or talk to me. Anyone that isn’t on my friends list (I.E people i play with and know) isn’t someone worth talking to in the first place when searching with randoms.
>
> I’m the kind of person, who loves meeting new individuals, though I guess in game really isn’t a place to meet other players, considering everyone acts like jerk offs anyway.

Message boards like this are an excellent and more effective alternative than doing so in game. Trust me, it works far better than trying to interact with randoms. If they are not busy insulting your mom or you sexual orientation, they have no mic to begin with.

It’s just my experience but i found that contrary to how online gaming is seen to be a social experience, i find it is anything but. I find it more awkward and anti social.

Of course, that’s just with random people. Having friends to play with and have a few laughs at is the real strength of online gaming.

I should really join a clan or something, or get more dedicated Halo friends to enjoy the game with. Gets really lonely when your the only person in the match who isn’t in a party. :stuck_out_tongue:

> I should really join a clan or something, or get more dedicated Halo friends to enjoy the game with. Gets really lonely when your the only person in the match who isn’t in a party. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, games tend to go buy so much slower when you are not talking to anyone. They are also less enjoyable too. Playing with friends is the best way to maximize your online experiences IMO.

I encourage anyone to just play with friends, if that means join a group go for it :P.

> I wish I could understand what compels certain people to be scum on xbox live. It be cool to meet some interesting, fun people online instead of arrogant people.

I think it’s the whole people tend to forget that behind every TV screen or monitor there is an actual human being with feelings and emotions.

I honestly can’t stand people who make -Yoink- jokes, either.

> > I should really join a clan or something, or get more dedicated Halo friends to enjoy the game with. Gets really lonely when your the only person in the match who isn’t in a party. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Yes, games tend to go buy so much slower when you are not talking to anyone. They are also less enjoyable too. Playing with friends is the best way to maximize your online experiences IMO.
>
>
> I encourage anyone to just play with friends, if that means join a group go for it :P.

I was in a clan, but there was just way too much drama.

> > > I should really join a clan or something, or get more dedicated Halo friends to enjoy the game with. Gets really lonely when your the only person in the match who isn’t in a party. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > Yes, games tend to go buy so much slower when you are not talking to anyone. They are also less enjoyable too. Playing with friends is the best way to maximize your online experiences IMO.
> >
> >
> > I encourage anyone to just play with friends, if that means join a group go for it :P.
>
> I was in a clan, but there was just way too much drama.

Not a clan per say but more like…a small group of friends that are not so much serious about clan battles or schedules, but rather playing the game just to enjoy it/to win matches.

> > > > I should really join a clan or something, or get more dedicated Halo friends to enjoy the game with. Gets really lonely when your the only person in the match who isn’t in a party. :stuck_out_tongue:
> > >
> > > Yes, games tend to go buy so much slower when you are not talking to anyone. They are also less enjoyable too. Playing with friends is the best way to maximize your online experiences IMO.
> > >
> > >
> > > I encourage anyone to just play with friends, if that means join a group go for it :P.
> >
> > I was in a clan, but there was just way too much drama.
>
> Not a clan per say but more like…a small group of friends that are not so much serious about clan battles or schedules, but rather playing the game just to enjoy it/to win matches.

Hm, I guess I’ll go in recruiting. But…that’s kind of sad…D:

> I should really join a clan or something, or get more dedicated Halo friends to enjoy the game with. Gets really lonely when your the only person in the match who isn’t in a party. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure does get lonely. Trust me. D: I play Reach alone all the time.

> > > It’s a problem inherit online gaming in general and not specific to any one game. The problems may vary between each game sure but the power that being anonymous grants players the right to be rude, mean spirited, and annoying.
> > >
> > >
> > > For me, i have set where no one can message me or talk to me. Anyone that isn’t on my friends list (I.E people i play with and know) isn’t someone worth talking to in the first place when searching with randoms.
> >
> > I’m the kind of person, who loves meeting new individuals, though I guess in game really isn’t a place to meet other players, considering everyone acts like jerk offs anyway.
>
> Message boards like this are an excellent and more effective alternative than doing so in game. Trust me, it works far better than trying to interact with randoms. If they are not busy insulting your mom or you sexual orientation, they have no mic to begin with.
>
>
> It’s just my experience but i found that contrary to how online gaming is seen to be a social experience, i find it is anything but. I find it more awkward and anti social.
>
>
> Of course, that’s just with random people. Having friends to play with and have a few laughs at is the real strength of online gaming.

I hate when people make fun of me because of my sexual orientation!

I need to start making more friends, as of now, I have friends who all play different games from me. I will definitely be on the lookout for guys or girls who love to play to win all while having a great time.

I have a microphone and would love to tactically communicate but I just can’t be bothered to because of all the immature ones screaming down their mics.