My big complain with the Covie Weapons.

Sorry for this thread to anyone who doesn’t want any negativity toward Halo 4.

I have various complaints with the Covenants weapons(e.g.None of them looking “alien-enough” compared to past titles), but I think I can live with most of them tbh.
My biggest thing that I feel I have to say to 343 though is the lack of visual spread/bullets when you fire the weapon. By this I mean the visual green coming out of the Carbine, or the plasma bullets(Don’t know the word for it, sorry) coming out of the Plasma/Storm Rifle. There is barely anything there. I can’t see the green rays coming out of the Covenant Carbine this time in this new Halo game, in fact there’s barely any green at all(E.g. here). And it’s the same with the Storm Rifle (here). You can barely see any visuals coming out of that gun.
It’s pretty much the case for every Covie weapon they’ve showed so far and I’m just not comfortable with it.
However this is not the case when you yourself see someone firing it in-game, it’s mostly from a First-Person perspective.
Sorry sharing my opinion and be aggressive all you want like most of you all always are, I just wanted to express my concerns.
Peace folks.

> Sorry for this thread to anyone who doesn’t want any negativity toward Halo 4.
>
> I have various complaints with the Covenants weapons(e.g.None of them looking “alien-enough” compared to past titles), but I think I can live with most of them tbh.
> My biggest thing that I feel I have to say to 343 though is the lack of visual spread/bullets when you fire the weapon. By this I mean the visual green coming out of the Carbine, or the plasma bullets(Don’t know the word for it, sorry) coming out of the Plasma/Storm Rifle. There is barely anything there. I can’t see the green rays coming out of the Covenant Carbine this time in this new Halo game, in fact there’s barely any green at all(E.g. here). And it’s the same with the Storm Rifle (here). You can barely see any visuals coming out of that gun.
> It’s pretty much the case for every Covie weapon they’ve showed so far and I’m just not comfortable with it.
> However this is not the case when you yourself see someone firing it in-game, it’s mostly from a First-Person perspective.
> Sorry sharing my opinion and be aggressive all you want like most of you all always are, I just wanted to express my concerns.
> Peace folks.

Most of us actually aren’t aggressive.

I never noticed the no-visual aspect. Maybe I need to rewatch some videos…

The lack of visual effects may just be because the gameplay footage you saw was an older build of the game. By the time the game launches it might be different.

So…Your mad because you don’t see the bullets/plasma bolts comming out, cause the guns have high fire rates? Or some one is trigger happy…I don’t get it.

Probably because the projectiles are travelling too fast to see. These aren’t the blasters from Star Wars!

Like, 1% of the forum members are aggresive. The rest of us can discuss like adults :slight_smile:

Yea, i agree the weapons lack some visuals when firing.

Then again we only watch it on computers, where video quality is messed up. I’m certain it will look good, as soon as you pop it into the 360 :smiley:

Never really noticed before.

Do you really need a fancy muzzle flash on an advanced alien weapon?

Everything looks amazing to me so far.

Iv always wondered why you hold a left handed weapon right handed?

It will probably be different when you actually experience it for yourself :slight_smile: have faith for Halo 4.

I agree. In Halo 3, you could see the beam clearly from half-way across the map. :\

I personally do not see why you are so upset. First of all, in my opinion, It looks fine. Also it does not affect gameplay unless you have such an eye for detail that this will distract you while your playing.

Your more than welcome to feel this way OP, I personally think that the visuals are fine.

I see want you mean, and I agree. But as long as they get the job done, i’m fine with it. That is, ofcourse, IMO.

They also don’t sound like Covie weapons anymore…=/

Was that last sentence really neccissary?

> I personally do not see why you are so upset. First of all, in my opinion, It looks fine. Also it does not affect gameplay unless you have such an eye for detail that this will distract you while your playing.
>
> Your more than welcome to feel this way OP, I personally think that the visuals are fine.

i agree with austin =]

I don’t think the game is done yet

everything we’ve seen for covenant weapons has been an unfinished build. OP likely these things will be in game at launch when everything is finished.

The lack of the Brute Plasma Rifle is disappointing.

> Like, 1% of the forum members are aggresive. The rest of us can discuss like adults :slight_smile:
>
>
> Yea, i agree the weapons lack some visuals when firing.
>
> Then again we only watch it on computers, where video quality is messed up. I’m certain it will look good, as soon as you pop it into the 360 :smiley:

Are you sure about that? Would you care to rethink your statistics?

> Like, 1% of the forum members are aggresive. The rest of us can discuss like adults :slight_smile:
>
>
> Yea, i agree the weapons lack some visuals when firing.
>
> Then again we only watch it on computers, where video quality is messed up. I’m certain it will look good, as soon as you pop it into the 360 :smiley:

What about the agressive adults?

I really love the Covenant weapons so far in Halo 4, they look and sound awesome. I still hope that the thing about 10 new weapons and 2 new vehicles isn’t really true though. Because if it’s true, we won’t see any new Covenant weapons except for the Storm Rifle. I would really like to see a few more new ones.