My beta feedback: ranking, join in progress, afk

I spent a good amount of hours with the beta and I wanted to give my feedback.
First of I loved the game when I had a full team playing a full team.
Join in progress is really something that should be added. My experience is ruined by rage quitters who leave the team to be outnumbered for the rest of that match and have little to no chance of winning. If it’s at the start of the game it’s safe to assume it was a connection issue, which is better than rage quitters but has the same outcome.

Even worse than the rage quitters are several games where someone on my team would go 0-12 because they just stood there getting killed over and over. If you’re not playing, get out of the lobby! There has to be a way to eject players who are afk, then join in progress can replace them with someone useful.

My biggest frustration of all is the broken ranking system. I love that assists are included in a players overall KDA. But the player rank is based off of game wins and losses. I had so many games where I had a KD of over 2, but my team lost, then I get negative points on my ranking. My ranking does not reflect my skill, it reflects my matchmaking luck.

Edited: removed comment regarding onyx with negative and iron with positive KDA cause I don’t have evidence.

I’ve never seen an Onyx player with a negative K/D and I’ve never seen an Iron player with a positive K/D OR a positive W/L ratio. Anecdotal evidence means nothing.

I was able to get to semi-pro searching by myself. I had games where I got 20 kills and lost, sure, but if you aren’t good enough to consistently carry a team at a certain rank then you deserve to stay at your rank. I got placed into silver because I lost a few of my placements since they were my first games. I deserved to be in silver even though my overall skill was much higher then that rank. Half the fun of ranks is the climb, getting placed into Onyx or Semi-pro isn’t fun to me. That’s why I liked Halo 3 and Halo 2’s rank system so much, the climb made things more interesting and gave you something to work towards.

The numbers of the rank system might need adjustment, thats what the beta was for.

However, from my “anectodal” experience, individual performance did play a role in points.

If my team won and had a high kda: +11-20
If my team won and my kda was sub-par: +1-10

If my team lost and I led kda: -1-10
If my team lost and I -Yoink- the bed: -11-100

(i say 100 on the last one because oppenents’ skill/division relative to you is also taken into account for how many points are distributed. So if you lose to an iron as an onxy 3 you’re going to suffer.

I like the new ranking system, it is practically identical to all other esports’ in-game ranking systems and it will be good for halo once the minor issues are ironed out

There ya go. Edited.

> 2533274875257300;1:
> I spent a good amount of hours with the beta and I wanted to give my feedback.
> First of I loved the game when I had a full team playing a full team.
> Join in progress is really something that should be added. My experience is ruined by rage quitters who leave the team to be outnumbered for the rest of that match and have little to no chance of winning. If it’s at the start of the game it’s safe to assume it was a connection issue, which is better than rage quitters but has the same outcome.
>
> Even worse than the rage quitters are several games where someone on my team would go 0-12 because they just stood there getting killed over and over. If you’re not playing, get out of the lobby! There has to be a way to eject players who are afk, then join in progress can replace them with someone useful.
>
> My biggest frustration of all is the broken ranking system. I love that assists are included in a players overall KDA. But the player rank is based off of game wins and losses. I had so many games where I had a KD of over 2, but my team lost, then I get negative points on my ranking. My ranking does not reflect my skill, it reflects my matchmaking luck.
>
> Edited: removed comment regarding onyx with negative and iron with positive KDA cause I don’t have evidence.

I mean, this is a team game. individual skill is the baseline. teamwork is what separates pro’s from semi pros and semi’s from onyx’s. Win - loss is and should be more important than individual performances. I agree that it sucks when you get matched up with that guy that goes 0-12+, but maybe that guy would clean up some kills if everyone had their mic in.

Join in progress has no place in a ranked playlist. Think of it from the joining parties’ perspective: you get put into a game where you’re replacing someone who just quit, so you’ve undoubtedly just joined the losing team and already probably don’t have a chance of coming back. Nobody wants to jump into a RANKED game where its already 13-45 just to lose points a minute later.

Instead, they should implement a system that dissuades people from quitting in the first place, like heavy consequences to your rank, or maybe a temp ban from quing again.

> 2533274830783389;5:
> > 2533274875257300;1:
> > I spent a good amount of hours with the beta and I wanted to give my feedback.
> > First of I loved the game when I had a full team playing a full team.
> > Join in progress is really something that should be added. My experience is ruined by rage quitters who leave the team to be outnumbered for the rest of that match and have little to no chance of winning. If it’s at the start of the game it’s safe to assume it was a connection issue, which is better than rage quitters but has the same outcome.
> >
> > Even worse than the rage quitters are several games where someone on my team would go 0-12 because they just stood there getting killed over and over. If you’re not playing, get out of the lobby! There has to be a way to eject players who are afk, then join in progress can replace them with someone useful.
> >
> > My biggest frustration of all is the broken ranking system. I love that assists are included in a players overall KDA. But the player rank is based off of game wins and losses. I had so many games where I had a KD of over 2, but my team lost, then I get negative points on my ranking. My ranking does not reflect my skill, it reflects my matchmaking luck.
> >
> > Edited: removed comment regarding onyx with negative and iron with positive KDA cause I don’t have evidence.
>
>
> I mean, this is a team game. individual skill is the baseline. teamwork is what separates pro’s from semi pros and semi’s from onyx’s. Win - loss is and should be more important than individual performances. I agree that it sucks when you get matched up with that guy that goes 0-12+, but maybe that guy would clean up some kills if everyone had their mic in.
>
> Join in progress has no place in a ranked playlist. Think of it from the joining parties’ perspective: you get put into a game where you’re replacing someone who just quit, so you’ve undoubtedly just joined the losing team and already probably don’t have a chance of coming back. Nobody wants to jump into a RANKED game where its already 13-45 just to lose points a minute later.
>
> Instead, they should implement a system that dissuades people from quitting in the first place, like heavy consequences to your rank, or maybe a temp ban from quing again.

I LOVE THE GAME I GOT MY SEMI PRO YEA