My Armor Ability Wishlist

I’m open to suggestions, I’ll change the post if there is a good idea.

Forerunner Vision (Promethean Vision so I’m told): I hope that forerunner vision is not nerfed so much that it turns into the active camouflage wreck in Reach (Refer to active camo section). I want to be able to see only a limited distance not the whole map. I want to have a quiet audio warning, not a loud one like they’re making it out to be. It would be best if only real players could recognize the sound and not oblivious ones. If I were a scientist in the Halo universe, I would not make this awesome invention for combat beep super loud every time it is used. The vision should not be like a pulse, I think that would be kind of bad. I would personally never use it if it were a pulse, I want it to change similar to night vision, where it would be a separate vision mode kind of.

Sprint: I hope it is not as fast as it was in Reach, but that is just a preference that I think would make the game a little better. The animation was also unreal in Reach, that was how it seemed to me. Just a few little modifications, otherwise I really like the idea of sprint as constant ability.

Hologram: The only addition I think would be good would be the ability to program the hologram. Pressing the armor ability button would turn you into hologram mode, in this mode you could press a certain button and it would make your character go to the position crouching, or sprinting, what have you. It would make for a more realistic hologram, and would trick more people.

Jetpack: Personally, I did not mind armor lock, but I hated jetpack in Reach. It was more annoying to me. I could suggest a few ways to make it better however. I’ve heard the suggestion somewhere that it could be used as sort of a double jump, where the second jump is more powerful and uses the jetpack. I didn’t like that people would rocket high into the sky and across the map. It should be used to jump 1 or 2 levels of the map, not the entire map up and down.

Active Camouflage: In Reach they nerfed the camo way too much. If you moved, you were visible. People also knew( if they were good) that the very center of the radar jam was where the person was, not that hard to guess. So basically, for 10 seconds you could be invisible. However, you could not move more than a crawl speed, plus every reasonably knowledgeable player on the map knew where you were! Could it have been any worse! I hope that there is no radar jam first of all, that was just a stupid choice by Bungie. Also, if I’m sprinting, I don’t want my guy to stay invisible, but if I’m walking fast, I definitely should be invisible. I think that moving faster should degrade your camo, but not so much that you are fully visible at a jog!

I think all of these ideas would make for a better game, and turn Halo back into more of an arena shooter. Thanks!

My armour ability wishlist

armor

Not for most of the english speaking world it isn’t.

> I’m open to suggestions, I’ll change the post if there is a good idea.
>
> Forerunner Vision (Promethean Vision so I’m told): I hope that forerunner vision is not nerfed so much that it turns into the active camouflage wreck in Reach (Refer to active camo section). I want to be able to see only a limited distance not the whole map. I want to have a quiet audio warning, not a loud one like they’re making it out to be. It would be best if only real players could recognize the sound and not oblivious ones. If I were a scientist in the Halo universe, I would not make this awesome invention for combat beep super loud every time it is used. The vision should not be like a pulse, I think that would be kind of bad. I would personally never use it if it were a pulse, I want it to change similar to night vision, where it would be a separate vision mode kind of.
>
> Sprint: I hope it is not as fast as it was in Reach, but that is just a preference that I think would make the game a little better. The animation was also unreal in Reach, that was how it seemed to me. Just a few little modifications, otherwise I really like the idea of sprint as constant ability.
>
> Hologram: The only addition I think would be good would be the ability to program the hologram. Pressing the armor ability button would turn you into hologram mode, in this mode you could press a certain button and it would make your character go to the position crouching, or sprinting, what have you. It would make for a more realistic hologram, and would trick more people.
>
> Jetpack: Personally, I did not mind armor lock, but I hated jetpack in Reach. It was more annoying to me. I could suggest a few ways to make it better however. I’ve heard the suggestion somewhere that it could be used as sort of a double jump, where the second jump is more powerful and uses the jetpack. I didn’t like that people would rocket high into the sky and across the map. It should be used to jump 1 or 2 levels of the map, not the entire map up and down.
>
> Active Camouflage: In Reach they nerfed the camo way too much. If you moved, you were visible. People also knew( if they were good) that the very center of the radar jam was where the person was, not that hard to guess. So basically, for 10 seconds you could be invisible. However, you could not move more than a crawl speed, plus every reasonably knowledgeable player on the map knew where you were! Could it have been any worse! I hope that there is no radar jam first of all, that was just a stupid choice by Bungie. Also, if I’m sprinting, I don’t want my guy to stay invisible, but if I’m walking fast, I definitely should be invisible. I think that moving faster should degrade your camo, but not so much that you are fully visible at a jog!
>
> I think all of these ideas would make for a better game, and turn Halo back into more of an arena shooter. Thanks!

I read with an open mind until I got to the bold.

It just didn’t because in my opinion all of the crappy players used it, so I was able to kill them (after the armor lock ended or later as revenge) relatively easily.

and…

armour or ( US ) armor (ˈɑːmə)

— n

1. any defensive covering, esp that of metal, chain mail, etc, worn by medieval warriors to prevent injury to the body in battle
  2. the protective metal plates on a tank, warship, etc
  3. military armoured fighting vehicles in general; military units equipped with these
  4. any protective covering, such as the shell of certain animals
  5. nautical the watertight suit of a diver
  6. engineering permanent protection for an underwater structure
  7. heraldic insignia; arms