My account was hacked, it wasn't me I swear :D

I just got my account back after it had been stolen from me. I have no idea what the people did with my account but if it was something negative please mods hold your horses. I just got my acocunt back and looking into getting better protection I just wanted to make it clear that if something bad happened with this acocunt please hold off from any bans and talk to me about it. PM or in this thread.

I’m just happy to be back so please, no random boots to end my joy.

> 2535426003987045;1:
> I just got my account back after it had been stolen from me. I have no idea what the people did with my account but if it was something negative please mods hold your horses. I just got my acocunt back and looking into getting better protection I just wanted to make it clear that if something bad happened with this acocunt please hold off from any bans and talk to me about it. PM or in this thread.
>
> I’m just happy to be back so please, no random boots to end my joy.

It doesn’t really work that way, mate. You are responsible for your account so anything that the other person did while playing/posting on it is your responsibility. I know it seems like a kick while your down, but if you look at it from another perspective there is now way for them to verify that is the case. Since you posted on Waypoint…I assume you’re worried about something the other person posted on here. In which case you can go through your post history and edit anything you find inappropriate. If you’re worried about in-game actions you’re pretty much just going to have grin and bear it.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2535426003987045;1:
> > I just got my account back after it had been stolen from me. I have no idea what the people did with my account but if it was something negative please mods hold your horses. I just got my acocunt back and looking into getting better protection I just wanted to make it clear that if something bad happened with this acocunt please hold off from any bans and talk to me about it. PM or in this thread.
> >
> > I’m just happy to be back so please, no random boots to end my joy.
>
>
> It doesn’t really work that way, mate. You are responsible for your account so anything that the other person did while playing/posting on it is your responsibility. I know it seems like a kick while your down, but if you look at it from another perspective there is now way for them to verify that is the case. Since you posted on Waypoint…I assume you’re worried about something the other person posted on here. In which case you can go through your post history and edit anything you find inappropriate. If you’re worried about in-game actions you’re pretty much just going to have grin and bear it.

It doesn’t seem like anything bad happened when my account was stolen over the past week which is why I approached the topic with a light hearted nature. I assumed to come back to a banned account and dozens of people flaming me for X reason so I’ actually happy about the current events.

Just for future reference:

> - You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages on the forums. You assume all responsibility from your posts, even if they are made by your little brother/sister/dog/Frankie.

From the Waypoint forum rules. Even if you think your account may have been hacked, all posts under your gamertag are your responsibility.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> Just for future reference:
>
>
> > - You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages on the forums. You assume all responsibility from your posts, even if they are made by your little brother/sister/dog/Frankie.
>
>
> From the Waypoint forum rules. Even if you think your account may have been hacked, all posts under your gamertag are your responsibility.

Even so, it doesn’t make it any less annoying to deal. Would supplying evidence help? Otherwise it’d be kind of crazy to punish someone for being vulnerable.

> 2535426003987045;5:
> > 2535437652903765;4:
> > Just for future reference:
> >
> >
> > > - You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages on the forums. You assume all responsibility from your posts, even if they are made by your little brother/sister/dog/Frankie.
> >
> >
> > From the Waypoint forum rules. Even if you think your account may have been hacked, all posts under your gamertag are your responsibility.
>
>
> Even so, it doesn’t make it any less annoying to deal. Would supplying evidence help? Otherwise it’d be kind of crazy to punish someone for being vulnerable.

Well, if you do get banned for a particular amount of time, you can appeal for it to be lifted. Here:

> **Is there any way for me to appeal my ban?**You are allowed to appeal your ban if the ban length is 7 days or longer. You can send your appeal to the WP Ban Appeals account and include “Forum Ban Appeal” in the title. This does not guarantee that your ban will be overturned, but it will be investigated and you will receive a response. If your ban is not at least 7 days in length and you write in requesting an investigation, your original ban will be extended to 7 days.