Mute Player / Mute All Microphone Shortcut Please

First off - Fantastic technical preview thus far: Keep it up 343.

I’m well aware that users having their microphones set to “always on” is a known bug with the Technical Preview, but it would be nice if we have a “mute player” or “mute all” button upon joining a game even after this bug is fixed. I’ve tried looking for this in the PC settings keyboard shortcuts, but nothing exists.

So much of the time when people use voicechat they’re not even using it strategically, and giving the player the option to the player to mute a specific player or the entire voicehat with a single button press would be a godsend. You can have a microphone with an X next to my name to indicate that I’ve muted one or more players on my team (just in case someone is indeed talking to me and is wondering why I’m not responding).

Nothing is more distracting then hearing someone breathing into their microphone and the echo of their game playing in the background, hearing a 10-year-old screaming his head off with every kill, or a salty ex-call-of-duty player complaining every time he dies because he doesn’t know Halo actually requires skill.

Not that us halo players have experienced any of the above 3 or more scenarios before :stuck_out_tongue:

+1

I just had to leave a game because I can’t figure out how to mute.

Ya def need a mute button. Someones got a fan on their mike and they wont respond. I just turned off my mic volume all together.

Definitely need a mute/mute all button. I can’t tell you how many times the noises are just so loud I have to turn the sound off (game sound as well) completely on my headset.

Definitely need a mute/mute all button. I can’t tell you how many times the noises are just so loud I have to turn the sound off (game sound as well) completely on my headset.

*posted under wrong account for original post *

yea, need mute. bad.

figured it out

in game, Y, Tab … mute them!

yay

On xbox, press start - back button, y to mute all

PLEASE, give us a freaking mute button…

We have a mute button. The problem is that you have to break away from the gameplay to access it, by pressing start and then the back button and find the player you are trying to mute unless the you press mute all.
What 343i needs to do is allow you to mute from the scoreboard menu because it’s even more of a pain in the -Yoink- if you are playing BTB

I think there’s a mute button on Xbox but none for pc, where most people have headsets