Mute button for the lobby

Please, PLEASE 343i, add a mute button for the lobby. I’ll even take a mute all button. Just hotkey it to any button. My god there has been so many little kids leaving their mics open. My ears are going to start bleeding.

Why don’t you just hold the view button and hit X it mutes the entire lobby it’s not that hard.

> 2533274809145045;2:
> Why don’t you just hold the view button and hit X it mutes the entire lobby it’s not that hard.

You know I didn’t mean in-game right? I meant the pregame lobby where you don’t even know which one is the kid who is screaming.

Why not have a real lobby? You know similar to the fully functional and practical lobbies seen in Halo 3, Reach, and somewhat 4/MCC?

> 2533274954830324;3:
> > 2533274809145045;2:
> > Why don’t you just hold the view button and hit X it mutes the entire lobby it’s not that hard.
>
>
> You know I didn’t mean in-game right? I meant the pregame lobby where you don’t even know which one is the kid who is screaming.

Oh ok I am sorry. Yes so much this makes me so mad. Something I do which you probably know is to just start a party that’s what I do. Again I apologize and hope that my first response didn’t sound too aggressive.

> 2533274809145045;5:
> > 2533274954830324;3:
> > > 2533274809145045;2:
> > > Why don’t you just hold the view button and hit X it mutes the entire lobby it’s not that hard.
> >
> >
> > You know I didn’t mean in-game right? I meant the pregame lobby where you don’t even know which one is the kid who is screaming.
>
>
> Oh ok I am sorry. Yes so much this makes me so mad. Something I do which you probably know is to just start a party that’s what I do. Again I apologize and hope that my first response didn’t sound too aggressive.

Oh its no problem :slight_smile: just a misunderstanding.

This would be great! I hate having to wait for the game to start so I can mute the screaming kids or the dude that thinks he is our official Halo DJ…

Seriously we NEED this I’m sick of hearing little kids whine over the stupidest things every single game. It really does get to your nerves…

Yes.This.Make it happen.

It’s called an xbox live party, why does 343 need to implement a feature that is already taken care of by the xbox? Especially when they want to encourage team play.

Just do what I do and hit the mute button on your tv remote. Once the game starts, un-mute on your tv remote and mute all with your controller.

The mute thing-a-ma-jiggy should have been in the game since day one in a pre-game lobby.

> 2533274832089275;10:
> It’s called an xbox live party, why does 343 need to implement a feature that is already taken care of by the xbox? Especially when they want to encourage team play.

So I guess non functional and feature less lobbies are a thing now?

The 360 had party capability which was even easier to use than the Xbox One’s and yet that did not stop most games having decent lobbies let alone AAA titles.

> 2533274826203061;13:
> > 2533274832089275;10:
> > It’s called an xbox live party, why does 343 need to implement a feature that is already taken care of by the xbox? Especially when they want to encourage team play.
>
>
> So I guess non functional and feature less lobbies are a thing now?
>
> The 360 had party capability which was even easier to use than the Xbox One’s and yet that did not stop most games having decent lobbies let alone AAA titles.

OP isn’t complaining (directly) about the lobbies. He is complaining there is no mute all. The xbox one has a mute all, by going into a private party. There is already a perfect solution to the problem, so why make another?
EDIT: By party, I mean an xbox live party, not a party up feature. Xbox one’s and 360’s party chat system works exactly the same way.

I was just thinking about this tonight while playing. Someone was purposely being obnoxious and I could do nothing but either put up with it until the game started or back out.

> 2533274832089275;14:
> > 2533274826203061;13:
> > > 2533274832089275;10:
> > >
>
>
> OP isn’t complaining (directly) about the lobbies. He is complaining there is no mute all. The xbox one has a mute all, by going into a private party. There is already a perfect solution to the problem, so why make another?
> EDIT: By party, I mean an xbox live party, not a party up feature. Xbox one’s and 360’s party chat system works exactly the same way.

Yeah the 360 has the same feature and yet most games still have the feature built in. Using the One’s UI is tedious and slow compared to pressing one button in the lobby before. Just because the Xbox One has DVR, it does not automatically excuse having a useless theater, as the former is annoying and once again tedious to use.

> 2535473086369953;11:
> Just do what I do and hit the mute button on your tv remote. Once the game starts, un-mute on your tv remote and mute all with your controller.

That is exactly what I do :slight_smile:
Its just annoying having to reach for the TV remote sometimes. Would be so much easier just pressing x to mute all or something.

> 2533274809145045;5:
> > 2533274954830324;3:
> > > 2533274809145045;2:
> > > Why don’t you just hold the view button and hit X it mutes the entire lobby it’s not that hard.
> >
> >
> > You know I didn’t mean in-game right? I meant the pregame lobby where you don’t even know which one is the kid who is screaming.
>
>
> Oh ok I am sorry. Yes so much this makes me so mad. Something I do which you probably know is to just start a party that’s what I do. Again I apologize and hope that my first response didn’t sound too aggressive.

I didn’t hear many little kids screaming until xmas. Then it got redic! The only one worse was someone blasting a screaming monkey sound while the game loaded. …and after it ended.

I’ve been looking all over the menu to disable chat. These kids are annoying! (doesn’t have a mic)

> 2533274809145045;2:
> Why don’t you just hold the view button and hit X it mutes the entire lobby it’s not that hard.

Well except it doesn’t work a lot of the time.