mute button doesn't work

Self explanatory, once every couple games the mute button stops working. Then i am forced to either listen to random strangers or play on mute, because if I quit the game I could be banned from playing the game for a couple hours or more. I’m sure others have experienced this based on how frequently it happens.

I don’t know what to do to actually fix the mute function in game, but a alternative is to start a Party chat and stay in it by yourself that way the game chat audio is muted but you can still hear the game audio, and if you don’t want anyone to be able to join your party chat ,make it invite only.

> 2533274843293223;1:
> Self explanatory, once every couple games the mute button stops working. Then i am forced to either listen to random strangers or play on mute, because if I quit the game I could be banned from playing the game for a couple hours or more. I’m sure others have experienced this based on how frequently it happens.

Is this perhaps due to the fact that the mute indicator doesn’t always delete itself in the post-game match intermission? I haven’t seen any instances where it didn’t work while the map was loading. As Hookocho stated above, you could try forming an invite-only party if nothing else works, which mutes the game chat, but not the game volume.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help. It happens during the pre-game lobby as well.