Must have all DLC to play?

Can anyone tell me exactly the reasoning for requiring all DLC to play on the DLC Playlist?

This has got to be change if 343 wants to keep the hardcore Reach players. One by one my friends are making the move for exactly this reason. Some are missing either the Noble or Defiant maps. But have all the others. I, myself am missing the Anniversary maps. It’s not because I can’t afford it, it’s because before CEA came out my XBox took a crap and will no longer play games off a disc. Some of you are saying, you can buy the maps by themselves. I know that, but why am I going to spend extra money I don’t need to when I already own CEA (even though I can’t play it). Others are saying, get a new XBox, and to you I say “you gonna pay for it?”

So once again, Why am I being forced to spend even more money to play on the DLC maps that I have already bought?

Trade in the disc for credit at gamestop, get MS points buy the mappack, since your xbox does not play disc. Not the best solution, but a solution none the less, welcome to Waypoint =)

You’re threatening to quit Halo because you and your friends cant play a few maps?

I think 343 should have more gametypes within the DLC playlist itself. Such as bring back invasion and rocket race.

Gamestop is a total rip off. I checked trade in price at my local store, $5.00. I have heard great things about www.goozex.com

I never said I was gonna quit Reach. I love this game, sure it has it’s faults but what game doesn’t. I just want to know why I need all of the DLC to play any DLC? It’s like saying, you have to buy all of the Beatles albums just so you can listen to one of them.

If memory serves, the DLC is a consolidation of all the previous DLC playlists. (Someone please correct me if my old shakey memory is wrong). Playlist space is tight. Remember that they had to jettison one of the firefight playlists (Limited, I believe) to make room for the Anniversary playlists? Also, consolidation of the playlists helps maintain playlist population integrity.

> One by one my friends are making the move for exactly this reason.

I’m sorry, I misinterpreted this sentence and assumed it was a rage-quit post. I apologize for the inconvenience.

> If memory serves, the DLC is a consolidation of all the previous DLC playlists. (Someone please correct me if my old shakey memory is wrong). Playlist space is tight. Remember that they had to jettison one of the firefight playlists (Limited, I believe) to make room for the Anniversary playlists? Also, consolidation of the playlists helps maintain playlist population integrity.

If you ask me I think Limited Firefight was better than the Anniversary Playlists. Not everyone enjoys mixed playlists.

EX Anniversary playlist is in BTB and Slayer Objectives under Anniversary.
Just like Invasion Slayer and Skirmish are in Invasion. Don’t get me wrong! I love Invasion. But I don’t want to play Slayer when it has nothing to do with Invasion. It would have been better to have create community Invasion maps. I hear Insomniac makes the best.

They removed Limited from FF because of very low population, not to make room for Anniversary playlists. Because it doesn’t make senese to get rid of 1 playlist(Limited) just to add 4 new Anniversary choices(FFA, BTB, Squad, and Classic). So it wasn’t to keep population up in fewer playlists.

I’m also not suggesting to make multiple playlists for the different DLCs.
I’m suggesting that the DLC playlist remove “All DLC Required” and replace it with “Any DLC Required”

> They removed Limited from FF because of very low population, not to make room for Anniversary playlists. Because it doesn’t make senese to get rid of 1 playlist(Limited) just to add 4 new Anniversary choices(FFA, BTB, Squad, and Classic). So it wasn’t to keep population up in fewer playlists.
>
> I’m also not suggesting to make multiple playlists for the different DLCs.
> I’m suggesting that the DLC playlist remove “All DLC Required” and replace it with “Any DLC Required”

Considering how a lot of people were pissed that they bought all the DLCs they shouldn’t.

I remember a guy who had a thread that targeted people who didn’t purchase DLC. Said they should be removed or that they should make all playlists require DLC.

Now I’m not sying I agree but I have yet to see Invasion: Breakpoint in Invasion.

I know what you mean about Breakpoint. Since 343 changes algarythoms to increase the chance to play a DLC with other people outside of any DLC playlist. I have only had one game with an option for Anchor 9, and it did’t even get voted for.

I played more DLC outside DLC playlists before 343 took over. Not sure if a coincidence or just a higher population in the past.

Some of these kids can’t afford DLC. While that’s sad I don’t care. Bungie use to make DLC specific playlists before they passed the torch off. I see less and less DLC map outside of the new Squad DLC playlist. Why not force them to consider buying the DLC? Not totally close off MM for them but exclude the more fun choices from them, just like in Halo 3.

> I, myself am missing the Anniversary maps. It’s not because I can’t afford it, it’s because before CEA came out my XBox took a crap and will no longer play games off a disc. Some of you are saying, you can buy the maps by themselves. I know that, but why am I going to spend extra money I don’t need to when I already own CEA (even though I can’t play it). Others are saying, get a new XBox, and to you I say “you gonna pay for it?”

So far as I am aware, CEA included a separate download code for the map pack. You shouldn’t need the disc: just redeem the code and you can download the maps to your hard drive for use in Reach.

> it’s because before CEA came out my XBox took a crap and will no longer play games off a disc. Some of you are saying, you can buy the maps by themselves. I know that, but why am I going to spend extra money I don’t need to when I already own CEA (even though I can’t play it). Others are saying, get a new XBox, and to you I say “you gonna pay for it?”
>
> So once again, Why am I being forced to spend even more money to play on the DLC maps that I have already bought?

This makes no sense since the game came with a code to download the maps as it’s the only way to play all the DLC maps since the other packs are not on the disk… me thinks you is full of lies.

> They removed Limited from FF because of very low population, not to make room for Anniversary playlists. Because it doesn’t make senese to get rid of 1 playlist(Limited) just to add 4 new Anniversary choices(FFA, BTB, Squad, and Classic). So it wasn’t to keep population up in fewer playlists.
>
> I’m also not suggesting to make multiple playlists for the different DLCs.
> I’m suggesting that the DLC playlist remove “All DLC Required” and replace it with “Any DLC Required”

Actually, if you look back through the weekly updates (I can’t find it), they did have to make room for the Anniversary playlists. Because of the system that Bungie had in place for Reach, there is a set number of playlists. Adding the anniversary playlists, while not removing a playlist, would exceed this number. Also, I do believe they stated limited was “dying a slow death”. They didn’t want to, but they kind of had to.

DLC code for maps is read off the disc, which my XBox wont read. So I can’t download.

Your -Yoink- out of luck, mate.

> Gamestop is a total rip off. I checked trade in price at my local store, $5.00. I have heard great things about www.goozex.com
>
> I never said I was gonna quit Reach. I love this game, sure it has it’s faults but what game doesn’t. I just want to know why I need all of the DLC to play any DLC? It’s like saying, you have to buy all of the Beatles albums just so you can listen to one of them.

Halo 2.

> DLC code for maps is read off the disc, which my XBox wont read. So I can’t download.

Serious head shakes to you man.

What are you talking about. The code is on a card in the case. You enter it where you normally enter codes. Then console downloads the maps from marketplace.

How about you spend 50 bucks on a used console and stop acting like you are nine. If you can afford internet and live I don’t understand how you couldn’t even buy a new arcade unit. If you don’t know how to make 50 bucks in a few hours you might want to get your head checked.

Well OP I think you COULD send the xbox back to microsoft for repair, that is if you didn’t eat the warranty sticker on your xbox too.