Must be Precursor!

This pic release for the rest of Spartan Ops Season One shows off some really badass stuff, but these pics are really getting my interest.
This far wide shot of the structure: http://i.imgur.com/rlkcM.jpg
This more close up shot of the opening of the structure: http://i.imgur.com/MSPIc.jpg
Now let’s be honest, there’s no way at all this is Forerunner or Covenant. IT just looks so different from their styles and moods. This has to be something by the Precursors, and soon they will be returning.

You mean Forerunner? Or am I the stupid one here?

> You mean Forerunner? Or am I the stupid one here?

No.
Yes.

If you don’t know, precursors were the ones who came BEFORE forerunners, they are tier 0 on the forerunner technology scale, using neuro physics, transcendent, and can make things that are pretty much indestructible. Kind of the gods of the Halo Universe.

Also it is possible that the Gravemind is a precursor

Yeah doesn’t look Forerunner, Covenant or flood. If it’s a Precursor structure damn that’s going to be interesting.

oh also forgot to say that kind of looks covenant actually, I haven’t personally seen any pictures of precursor structures anyways, so I wouldn’t know what they look like in the first place.

haha thank you guys. I wanted to make sure. I honestly hope to see Gravemind return, loved his character. Thats’ also sweet about being Tier 0 on the Tech. chart.

Nope, not stupid. He’s talking about the Precursors, the race that was dominant in the galaxy prior to the Forerunner. There is still some controversy as to their origin, nature, and current whereabouts. Please see http://www.halopedia.org/Precursor for some info…

> > You mean Forerunner? Or am I the stupid one here?
>
> No.
> Yes.

Lol.

> If you don’t know, precursors were the ones who came BEFORE forerunners, they are tier 0 on the forerunner technology scale, using neuro physics, transcendent, and can make things that are pretty much indestructible. Kind of the gods of the Halo Universe.
>
> Also it is possible that the Gravemind is a precursor

Oops, I was too slow… Sorry for the pre-post.

I haven’t read the books yet (next week), but I thought all Precursor structures/tech were destroyed when the halos fired? I know the local stuff was destroyed when the Master Builder fired the one as a “test”? And if that’s the case, could this still be Precursor because it was inside Requiem and therefore protected?

> If you don’t know, precursors were the ones who came BEFORE forerunners, they are tier 0 on the forerunner technology scale, using neuro physics, transcendent, and can make things that are <mark>pretty much indestructible</mark>. Kind of the gods of the Halo Universe.
>
> Also it is possible that the Gravemind is a precursor

Only thing known to have been able to destroy a precursor structure, is a halo

I DO mean Precursor
here’s a pic the usual Forerunner structure: http://s1164.beta.photobucket.com/user/jmj944/media/Picture1.png.html?sort=3&o=0
Here’s that strange structure: http://i.imgur.com/MSPIc.jpg.
Now how can you tell me the weird looking structure is Forerunner? This points more toward the Precursors.

> I haven’t read the books yet (next week), but I thought all Precursor structures/tech were destroyed when the halos fired? I know the local stuff was destroyed when the Master Builder fired the one as a “test”? And if that’s the case, could this still be Precursor because it was <mark>inside Requiem</mark> and therefore protected?

I didn’t think of that, they’d have a hard time explaining why (even how) there’s precursor stuff in a shield world (unless the didact put it there)

> > If you don’t know, precursors were the ones who came BEFORE forerunners, they are tier 0 on the forerunner technology scale, using neuro physics, transcendent, and can make things that are <mark>pretty much indestructible</mark>. Kind of the gods of the Halo Universe.
> >
> > Also it is possible that the Gravemind is a precursor
>
> Only thing known to have been able to destroy a precursor structure, is a halo

Thanks, Russell.

Ok Spartans Ops is becoming more interesting.

No planted seeds in the game, so that makes me doubtful. And in Cryptum their structures were described differently than what appears in that picture, too. Not trying to be a downer :slight_smile:

There was a similar discussion on a previous thread, regarding the Librarian. I was also thinking there that Spartan Ops seems a little “small” to introduce characters as important as the Precursors or the Librarian, or “Bev” as I call her.

Nothing against SPOPS, because I think its freaking awesome.

Looks like a Scarab to me. Storm Scarab kinda has a ring to it.

> Looks like a Scarab to me. Storm Scarab kinda has a ring to it.

Yep, concur. With some organic camouflage or something. Makes sense also that they would have access to a Scarab seeing what other substantial hardware the Storm have access to. Plus, we didn’t get to cack one during Campaign…