Music in Multiplayer Matches

If this is a feature going to be present in Halo 5: Guardians like it currently is in Halo 4, can we please have an option to disable it? For Flood matches, the music that plays when one is the Last Man Standing is loud, obnoxious, and ruins some custom games because of that. For example, if you’re going to play Cops n’ Robbers, the last thing I would want is to have loud music playing because I’m set to be the last man standing. For regular MP matches, it’s not as annoying because it’s quieter, but still, the option to turn it off completely would be greatly appreciated.

I have no problem with this, by the way I almost (want to) play CTF. But the anoying thing I think is that when we waiting for player we just hear somekind of sound, but I want to hear music, why are they can keep the “To Galaxy” soundtrack or add other music to it? It’s so bad waiting long minutes in almost totally quiet.

I hope they don’t have it in MP at all, it works fine when there’s a cinematic moment going on in the story but it just sounds off when there’s this uber dramatic music blaring in the background as three Spartans -Yoink!- a dead guy.

Most of the time I don’t even notice it. So I’d say let it stay.

I’d prefer a way to disable the music. The main menu music in Halo 4 is awful. Every time I boot up the game I desperately scramble to play some other music on my Dashboard.

I like it, it adds some tension and a sense of urgency. I agree that it is too loud and should be toned down, but I think it can stay.

No, there are benefits to not having bg music. You can focus on listening in for footsteps and gun fire, which can give an upper hand in multiplayer.

The only problem I have is there is some music that starts at the two minute mark in Slayer IIRC that sounds exactly like Halo 4s footsteps.

If you wanted to make it more intense for me, you certainly succeeded, 343i!

Not in a good way, though…

we should be able to make a playlist

I’d be nice if you could disable it, as it can sometimes be annoying. However, it certainly helps with enhancing determination and gives a sense of urgency.

That music isn’t loud or obnoxious, it adds tension and suspense. You can turn your television or headsets down or off, simple as that. And besides, I don’t see how that epic music is more annoying than several Flood forms shrieking ‘HAILGFEILQGEILQFQIEGQEBGKSDRTLLL!’ at once.

> That music isn’t loud or obnoxious, it adds tension and suspense. <mark>You can turn your television or headsets down or off, simple as that</mark>. And besides, I don’t see how that epic music is more annoying than several Flood forms shrieking ‘HAILGFEILQGEILQFQIEGQEBGKSDRTLLL!’ at once.

Unfortunately, by turning down the volume, you also prevent yourself from hearing the other noises in the game. Plenty of other games have abilities to adjust the audio and I don’t see why Halo should opt out on such a trivial feature.

If music in multiplayer is going to be a bigger thing than halo 4, than make it so that it can be toggled off. There’s no telling how obnoxious it could be in guardians. It didn’t bother me in Halo 4. Anymore than that, I’m not sure how I’ll respond to it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I’d prefer a way to disable the music. The main menu music in Halo 4 is awful. Every time I boot up the game I desperately scramble to play some other music on my Dashboard.

Man people will complain about everything these days. There use to be creativity in these threads.

> If this is a feature going to be present in Halo 5: Guardians like it currently is in Halo 4, can we please have an option to disable it? For Flood matches, the music that plays when one is the Last Man Standing is loud, obnoxious, and ruins some custom games because of that. For example, if you’re going to play Cops n’ Robbers, the last thing I would want is to have loud music playing because I’m set to be the last man standing. For regular MP matches, it’s not as annoying because it’s quieter, but still, the option to turn it off completely would be greatly appreciated.

In revealed videos of the Halo 4 Beta Build, Infinity multiplayer had this weird, sort of scary droning-on music playing in the background. Also, the Main Menu had a waaaaaaaaaaaay cooler look and had waaaaaaaaaay cooler and better music. Maybe they can use these kinds of designs in H5G