Multiple "Classic" Playlists?

Having watched the post-TU gameplay vids multiple times, I have to say that I’m VERY excited for the TU and Halo:CEA in general. However, I’m a bit concerned that even with all of the great changes, only having one or two playlists with said changes might get a bit stale.

Currently, I enjoy the ability to transition between TS, Squad, Obj, and other 4v4 gametypes, as each has there own flavor. From the impression I get though, I would be surprised to see more than 2 “Classic” playlists.

I hope over time as 343i sees how popular these playlists will become, they will start to add different options for us to enjoy the TU changes. Adding more “Classic” playlists may slowly spell the end for vanilla Reach, but I say good-riddance.

I honestly don’t see how I will ever be able to play vanilla Reach again, which is really too bad because Invasion had such potential.

Thoughts?

i am pretty sure they will add BTB, objective, and other gametypes with TU settings

that is a for sure makes the most sense

I’m really looking forward to the TU and new maps, but I’m still a bit iffy about how all the other weapons are going to fare against the buffed DMR.

FFA Classic would be very nice.

This is what I’m hoping for… a HUGE classic section such as when you can choose from “Competitive, Cooperative, Community, Premium” then add “Classic/Anniversary” in there with a multitude of playlists, like BTB, Slayer/Objective or combine 4 v 4 Slayer and Objective even. But yeah, there’s many possibilities :smiley:

> I’m really looking forward to the TU and new maps, but I’m still a bit iffy about how all the other weapons are going to fare against the buffed DMR.

Plasma weapons will still dookie on DMR in shoot melee kills

PP will still be great for fast blindside

needler is still the strongest one we have had to date

rockets still ICBMs

grenade launcher still a skilled 1 hit kill

AR + beatdown still great

concussion still great for a 3sk

shotty is still the strongest we have had since CE

sniper is easily the easiest to use sniper since H2

the focus rifle really needs a buff though IMO

> > I’m really looking forward to the TU and new maps, but I’m still a bit iffy about how all the other weapons are going to fare against the buffed DMR.
>
> Plasma weapons will still dookie on DMR in shoot melee kills
>
> PP will still be great for fast blindside
>
> needler is still the strongest one we have had to date
>
> rockets still ICBMs
>
> grenade launcher still a skilled 1 hit kill
>
> AR + beatdown still great
>
> concussion still great for a 3sk
>
> shotty is still the strongest we have had since CE
>
> sniper is easily the easiest to use sniper since H2
>
> the focus rifle really needs a buff though IMO

yep, not to mention it looks like movement speed and strafing speed was accelerated a bit much making DMR shots a bit harder to make. And so far we’ve only seen the DMR really used up close, we don’t know yet how easy it’ll be to use cross map if auto-aim is tuned down or whatever. It’s all gonna be revealed when we finally get this amazing TU <3

I know this might sound insane but I think it would be cool if they had categorized playlists based off of the different Halo games.
Like…
A Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach category.
And within each of those categories you would find seperate playlists featuring the maps, gametypes, and gameplay each one of those encompassed.
EXAMPLE: You could play FFA Halo CE style on Hang 'Em High, switch to a Halo 2 CTF game on Coagulation, then some Halo 3 Infection on Last Resort followed by a Reach Invasion game on Boneyard.

Sorry if this seems silly or crazy but it’s just an idea I had :x

Truthfully I would love to see the title update changes dispersed over the entire playlist forest and then add some default reach “niche” playlists.

> Having watched the post-TU gameplay vids multiple times, I have to say that I’m VERY excited for the TU and Halo:CEA in general. However, I’m a bit concerned that even with all of the great changes, only having one or two playlists with said changes might get a bit stale.
>
> Currently, I enjoy the ability to transition between TS, Squad, Obj, and other 4v4 gametypes, as each has there own flavor. From the impression I get though, I would be surprised to see more than 2 “Classic” playlists.
>
> I hope over time as 343i sees how popular these playlists will become, they will start to add different options for us to enjoy the TU changes. Adding more “Classic” playlists may slowly spell the end for vanilla Reach, but I say good-riddance.
>
> I honestly don’t see how I will ever be able to play vanilla Reach again, which is really too bad because Invasion had such potential.
>
> Thoughts?

That is yet to be seen, for all we know everyone may hate it because the game will revolve around the dmr, and the pistol only, making every other weapon completely useless, and halo has always been about a multitude of weaponry, not two guns.

> This is what I’m hoping for… a HUGE classic section such as when you can choose from “Competitive, Cooperative, Community, Premium” then add “Classic/Anniversary” in there with a multitude of playlists, like BTB, Slayer/Objective or combine 4 v 4 Slayer and Objective even. But yeah, there’s many possibilities :smiley:

There are 20 playlists currently, so adding a multitude more options could be interesting. Let’s go for 40!

> > Having watched the post-TU gameplay vids multiple times, I have to say that I’m VERY excited for the TU and Halo:CEA in general. However, I’m a bit concerned that even with all of the great changes, only having one or two playlists with said changes might get a bit stale.
> >
> > Currently, I enjoy the ability to transition between TS, Squad, Obj, and other 4v4 gametypes, as each has there own flavor. From the impression I get though, I would be surprised to see more than 2 “Classic” playlists.
> >
> > I hope over time as 343i sees how popular these playlists will become, they will start to add different options for us to enjoy the TU changes. Adding more “Classic” playlists may slowly spell the end for vanilla Reach, but I say good-riddance.
> >
> > I honestly don’t see how I will ever be able to play vanilla Reach again, which is really too bad because Invasion had such potential.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> That is yet to be seen, for all we know everyone may hate it because the game will revolve around the dmr, and the pistol only, making every other weapon completely useless, and halo has always been about a multitude of weaponry, not two guns.

It’s all speculation but I have to disagree with you about it becoming DMR-centric…

Rockets > DMR still.
Sniper with Good Positioning > DMR still.
Grenades plus any other weapon > Just DMR Still.
Did the Gameplay start with DMR’s? Nope, there may only be a few on the map at a time.
People need to stop freaking out or just pretend that this isn’t happening as it will not affect existing playlists.

Also, I found what’s really fun to do is boot up Halo Waypoint on my Xbox and pretend I’m playing with a bloomless DMR <3.

I would think they will have to have more than a few playlists. H:CEA can be played all by itself without owning Halo:Reach so they would have to supply those people with more than just a playlist or two. Time will tell I suppose.

> > This is what I’m hoping for… a HUGE classic section such as when you can choose from “Competitive, Cooperative, Community, Premium” then add “Classic/Anniversary” in there with a multitude of playlists, like BTB, Slayer/Objective or combine 4 v 4 Slayer and Objective even. But yeah, there’s many possibilities :smiley:
>
> There are 20 playlists currently, so adding a multitude more options could be interesting. Let’s go for 40!

Why stop there? I say 80.

> > This is what I’m hoping for… a HUGE classic section such as when you can choose from “Competitive, Cooperative, Community, Premium” then add “Classic/Anniversary” in there with a multitude of playlists, like BTB, Slayer/Objective or combine 4 v 4 Slayer and Objective even. But yeah, there’s many possibilities :smiley:
>
> There are 20 playlists currently, so adding a multitude more options could be interesting. Let’s go for 40!

Well they’ll probably trim some fat. And since this is essentially becoming a whole different game in classic mode, it would make sense to double up on the playlists. Although I just see there being BTB, Slayer/Obj, and FFA.

> I would think they will have to have more than a few playlists. H:CEA can be played all by itself without owning Halo:Reach so they would have to supply those people with more than just a playlist or two. Time will tell I suppose.

No, they said there will be a code for the people who bought CEA to download the classic maps, and the maps will become available as DLC eventually. You -have- to have reach in order to play the maps, they already stated that in the VERY first interview about the game. No reach disc, no classic playlists.

> > Having watched the post-TU gameplay vids multiple times, I have to say that I’m VERY excited for the TU and Halo:CEA in general. However, I’m a bit concerned that even with all of the great changes, only having one or two playlists with said changes might get a bit stale.
> >
> > Currently, I enjoy the ability to transition between TS, Squad, Obj, and other 4v4 gametypes, as each has there own flavor. From the impression I get though, I would be surprised to see more than 2 “Classic” playlists.
> >
> > I hope over time as 343i sees how popular these playlists will become, they will start to add different options for us to enjoy the TU changes. Adding more “Classic” playlists may slowly spell the end for vanilla Reach, but I say good-riddance.
> >
> > I honestly don’t see how I will ever be able to play vanilla Reach again, which is really too bad because Invasion had such potential.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> That is yet to be seen, for all we know everyone may hate it because the game will revolve around the dmr, and the pistol only, making every other weapon completely useless, and halo has always been about a multitude of weaponry, not two guns.

Dude read my last post, there is no way the game will be about two guns judging by how beast the base reach sandbox is.

GL, PP, PR, rocks, shotty, sniper, concussion are all the strongest we have seen in any halo game. H3 by comparison had a severely underpowered sandbox compared to the BR. It wasnt that the BR was overpowered it was jsut all other weapons sucked.

I dont know how i accidently quoted myself, oops.

> > > I would think they will have to have more than a few playlists. H:CEA can be played all by itself without owning Halo:Reach so they would have to supply those people with more than just a playlist or two. Time will tell I suppose.
> >
> > No, they said there will be a code for the people who bought CEA to download the classic maps, and the maps will become available as DLC eventually. You -have- to have reach in order to play the maps, they already stated that in the VERY first interview about the game. No reach disc, no multiplayer.

I’m sorry but you’re actually extremely wrong.

Getting the exact quote from the Sparkcast right now…

> > > Having watched the post-TU gameplay vids multiple times, I have to say that I’m VERY excited for the TU and Halo:CEA in general. However, I’m a bit concerned that even with all of the great changes, only having one or two playlists with said changes might get a bit stale.
> > >
> > > Currently, I enjoy the ability to transition between TS, Squad, Obj, and other 4v4 gametypes, as each has there own flavor. From the impression I get though, I would be surprised to see more than 2 “Classic” playlists.
> > >
> > > I hope over time as 343i sees how popular these playlists will become, they will start to add different options for us to enjoy the TU changes. Adding more “Classic” playlists may slowly spell the end for vanilla Reach, but I say good-riddance.
> > >
> > > I honestly don’t see how I will ever be able to play vanilla Reach again, which is really too bad because Invasion had such potential.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > That is yet to be seen, for all we know everyone may hate it because the game will revolve around the dmr, and the pistol only, making every other weapon completely useless, and halo has always been about a multitude of weaponry, not two guns.
>
> Dude read my last post, there is no way the game will be about two guns judging by how beast the base reach sandbox is.
>
> GL, PP, PR, rocks, shotty, sniper, concussion are all the strongest we have seen in any halo game. H3 by comparison had a severely underpowered sandbox compared to the BR. It wasnt that the BR was overpowered it was jsut all other weapons sucked.

Those are all power weapons, I am talking about starting weapons, the DMR should not become a power weapon.