Multiplayer Weather effects

Dear,343

I am a gamer… from playing Reach my friends and I asked people how could Reach be improved if there actually is a title update like everyone is saying…? The most interesting but, possible replies we got were to allow gamers to ride falcons in custom games at least and add weather effects to enjoy some scenery in multiplayer…I ask if people can get this out in the world to see if this is possible because it seems pretty cool…

I thought we could already ride Falcons in customs. Did you mean Pelicans?

And, ya, weather would be cool to have for customs.

I think OP is speaking of riding in the falcon like you can in campaign. Instead of sitting in the gunner. Correct me if I am wrong OP.

The only difference I am aware of between campaign and matchmaking / custom games with the Falcon is the Falcon in campaign has its chin cannon, and the Falcon in other game modes has the chin cannon removed.

But you can fly or be a passenger in a Falcon in all game modes, except firefight.

Only one type of falcon in multiplayer: One pilot, two gunners with machine guns on the sides. No other variations.

Agreed, I think he wants multiplayer Falcons with actual passenger seats (as opposed to gunner seats).

I was hoping for the same thing before Reach came out, I really enjoyed how useful the Hornet was in Halo 3 CTF on Avalanche.

Although it looks like the Speedflag/Speedpile CTF variants in Action Sack will allow Falcon pilots/gunners to carry flags…

Weather affects in MM maps? They’re already lag enough with connections and bad frame rate. Adding a weather effect to that would just make it worse. We’d have to sacrifice graphics somewhere to keep the game playable. So if you want an update that takes up space to lower the graphics and add weather then you are mentally ill.

> I thought we could already ride Falcons in customs. Did you mean Pelicans?
>
> And, ya, weather would be cool to have for customs.

No I’m talking about falcons

> I think OP is speaking of riding in the falcon like you can in campaign. Instead of sitting in the gunner. Correct me if I am wrong OP.

Yeah you’re right… I would also like this because I don’t like gunning the Falcon

I do kinda miss CTF with the hornet. Some epic escapes to be sure!!

We need more night maps or rain/thunder maps

I really hope that in halo 4 there is some sort or weather system where you can play your favorites maps with different skins to change the way a map looks and plays. Like coagulations covered with snow or it raining really hard. I would also like to see a map where if its storming then you can see the waves thrashing as it hits the shoreline. Stuff like this would change the visually and physically.

Time of day:

• Dusk
  • Dawn
  • Night
  • Day

Weather:

• Rain - Windy (changes visibility)
  • Snow - Fog
  • Sunny - Blizzards
  • Cloudy - Lightning/thunder (for night maps)
  • Hail - Sandstorms

Those are just some examples. If you come up with any more then just let me know.
Who else thinks that this would be a sweet addition to halo 4’s multiplayer?

YES!

Yes!!! Great OP.

thanks for replying. I couldnt imagine playing on relic in halo 4 with a huge storm going on. that would be amazing

Night? Day? Dawn, Dusk?

> Night? Day? Dawn, Dusk?

thanks for the info, i added the info you gave me to my thread.

‘Increment Weather’ was an idea that was thrown around during Reach’s production, however it was deemed too hard, all those little bits all need to be programmed for, take for example a rainstorm, advances in the tech might make its possible for H4 though.

After playing the same bland Forgeworld map for the 100th time…I support the OP

> After playing the same bland Forgeworld map for the 100th time…I support the OP

yeah i just want to be able to play different skinned maps with vehicles that have different skins. i think that would be amazing and would just make the game more fun