Multiplayer Spartan Gender

Why is it that so many guys I know (and don’t know) play with the female character model in multiplayer (since Reach)? In no Halo game ever, has the gender changed the hitbox for the player. That would be the dumbest mess up in all of history. I’ve gotten dumb answers like “Oh, I just don’t like hearing a man groan when he’s running” or “I don’t like looking at a male body when I’m dead”, but I truly wish to know why this is a thing.

I think that for some dumb reason, subconsciously, these people think that the player model is smaller, no matter how many times I (or an article) tell them no. What do you think?

Cause they want that booty.

Perverted people who like hearing female grunts.

i know this because I’ve been guilty of this in other games.

i really need a girlfriend to snap me out of this.

> 2533274816702503;1:
> Why is it that so many guys I know (and don’t know) play with the female character model in multiplayer (since Reach)? In no Halo game ever, has the gender changed the hitbox for the player. That would be the dumbest mess up in all of history. I’ve gotten dumb answers like “Oh, I just don’t like hearing a man groan when he’s running” or “I don’t like looking at a male body when I’m dead”, but I truly wish to know why this is a thing.
>
> I think that for some dumb reason, subconsciously, these people think that the player model is smaller, no matter how many times I (or an article) tell them no. What do you think?

I asked lot’s of players since Reach launched, and got the same answer nearly every time (because it has a smaller hit box, or, it’s harder to hit etc)

> 2533274974984138;3:
> Perverted people who like hearing female grunts.
>
> i know this because I’ve been guilty of this in other games.
>
> i really need a girlfriend to snap me out of this.

This^
but it occurs no where near as much as on MMO’s though.

I’ve always wondered the same thing. It keeps me up at night.

The smaller hitbox is a myth. That’s what I would assume many people choose a female gender over male. Either that, or they just prefer to play as a female gender in video games.

I’m pretty sure they do it for the butts. That seems to be the only thing noticeably different on the Spartans

Smaller body looks better when trying to emulate the ODST or UNSC Army.

But I generally play female characters in RPGs because it generally changes some of the dialogue (And Jennifer Hale’s Shepard voice acting sounds a lot better than whoever plays mshep). So yeah, partly tradition carried over from games like Fallout and Mass Effect, partially because ODST.

Eye candy.

I use male only though.

I play with the female Spartan due to being female.

Seems to make sense…

> 2533274974984138;3:
>
>

Having a girlfriend doesn’t change a thing, you will still be like this. Trust me. =/

I play as a female Spartan in MP, I don’t truly know why, maybe because I am attracted to the female physique that seeing one occasionally when I’m taken out of first person does something for me.

It’s simple. Girl Power! Lol, I don’t know. I constantly change my Spartans gender

What that one guy said, eye candy. I usually play female Spartans but not all the time. Depending on how they look.

I use female 'cause I’m a transgender. One way to show what I really am.

> 2533274964458234;2:
> Cause they want that booty.

Yes.

> 2533274816702503;1:
> Why is it that so many guys I know (and don’t know) play with the female character model in multiplayer (since Reach)? In no Halo game ever, has the gender changed the hitbox for the player. That would be the dumbest mess up in all of history. I’ve gotten dumb answers like “Oh, I just don’t like hearing a man groan when he’s running” or “I don’t like looking at a male body when I’m dead”, but I truly wish to know why this is a thing.
>
> I think that for some dumb reason, subconsciously, these people think that the player model is smaller, no matter how many times I (or an article) tell them no. What do you think?

whether or not the hit box changes, it has an effect on your opponent’s perception of their target in the heat of the moment. H5 has eliminated this illusion for the most part by keeping the spartan’s helmet the same size regardless of gender

> 2533274974984138;3:
>
>

Honesty is my favorite thing lol

> 2533275026260256;15:
> I use female 'cause I’m a transgender. One way to show what I really am.

Nice. Video games: allowing ppl to be who they want

I personally plat as a male spartan b/c its fps. But in most pc mmo games I play, I choose to play as female jedi/breton/etc b/c you spend 100+ hours looking at their butt.