Multiplayer Onyx is unfinished

As I was playing the Community Forge Island, we got Onyx. While playing, I noticed that the map was unfinished.

File share Link

If you can, quickly update the map with fixed holes or the latest version, Onyx is a good map, but these holes look unprofessional.

I saw the holes to and you can crouch into them and there is no killzone.

It is not the problem with the Forger, as I know him personally. It was an issue somewhere between the forger giving the Cartographers a map, and it actually making it into the playlist.

Thanks for the heads up. There were issues when the Forge Island map files were converted (we have to take files from production, convert them to our developer kits, and then convert them back to Matchmaking). We’ve been working on this all day and are close to zeroing in on the root cause.

We hope to have a fix out midweek, and I personally would like to apologize (to the map creators especially) for the inconvenience. They each made an incredible playspace, and we’re excited to get them into Matchmaking in their original, (totally!) awesome state.

all the maps are super nice though, with the exception of some blemishes.

> Thanks for the heads up. There were issues when the Forge Island map files were converted (we have to take files from production, convert them to our developer kits, and then convert them back to Matchmaking). We’ve been working on this all day and are close to zeroing in on the root cause.
>
> We hope to have a fix out midweek, and I personally would like to apologize (to the map creators especially) for the inconvenience. They each made an incredible playspace, and we’re excited to get them into Matchmaking in their original, (totally!) awesome state.

Listen I know you guys a working on 5 but this stuff can’t continue. Everything you do needs a fix. Please put more effort into it, or more people? More eyes are always better.

> > Thanks for the heads up. There were issues when the Forge Island map files were converted (we have to take files from production, convert them to our developer kits, and then convert them back to Matchmaking). We’ve been working on this all day and are close to zeroing in on the root cause.
> >
> > We hope to have a fix out midweek, and I personally would like to apologize (to the map creators especially) for the inconvenience. They each made an incredible playspace, and we’re excited to get them into Matchmaking in their original, (totally!) awesome state.
>
> Listen I know you guys a working on 5 but this stuff can’t continue. Everything you do needs a fix. Please put more effort into it, or more people? More eyes are always better.

These things happen. World of Warcraft has tons of glitches, bugs, and other issues any time a major patch or new content is released. Many times it takes weeks to get a fix for some issues, and it can take multiple hot fixes and smaller patches before things smooth out. Software doesn’t always act the way you think or predict it should and it really isn’t an issue of not putting enough effort into it.

I find some things that were outright missing from the game at launch to be a little jarring, but as far as bugs and glitches go, 343 generally does an excellent job of releasing high quality content and implementing fixes in a timely manner.

This isn’t even taking into account that an fps takes much less daily upkeep and tinkering than an mmo and will have a proportionately smaller team devoted to it.