Multiplayer on PC crashes consistently

i am honestly loving the game, however i do not want to play anymore as every time i am playing through a crazy RANKED match and am winning, it crashes, i am fuming and have to just wait until they fix this. My settings are all in order for it to be working “fine” as they say, and i am running a RTX 3080. If you have any other suggestions as to what i can do, please let me know.

2 Likes

I’ve got a 3090 and haven’t crashed yet. What other hardware/programs have you been using.

1 Like

Today it’s been hard crashing my Series X, locking up and completely shutting it off

1 Like

I had this issue when I first started playing, but after a driver update everything seems to play smoothly.

1 Like

I’ve been getting crashes, but very inconsistently. I’ll have several hours or even days of the game performing just fine, and then I’ll have 3 crashes within 5 minutes, crashing in the menus every time I restart the game. I have no idea what’s causing it, though it seems to be tied to either respawning in a match or opening a new menu in the menus.

2 Likes

Having the same issues with the Microsoft Store version actually, same GPU (RTX3080). Tried limiting fps to 60, making sure drivers were updated, and a few other pieces of advice but nothing’s worked so far, just crashes half the time on loading the match and on rare occasion mid-match. Started for me after the recent patch.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad it’s not just new GPUs either this time. (unlike new world)

GTX 1070, playing on “lowest” (because that’s all the help said I could do to prevent) Borderless window mode is forced and I still crash, often.

In fact, I crash more today than ever. It used to be once every hour or so. (which I looked into, it’s not hourly just seems it - or I could factor in memory leak or other situation such as that) Now I crashed 4x in the last 40 minutes. Literally crashed, reload the game completely, and crash again first match I am in.

This wouldn’t be so bad - as it is a beta - if not for one fact… THIS WAS REPORTED DURING THE CLOSED BETA. It has not been addressed. This is bad news - like Fallout 76 levels of bad news, ignoring the complaints.

Things I’ve tried:
borderless window
low graphics
verified game file integrity (5x in 3 days)
change from HDD to SSD (uninstall/reinstall)
limited to 60fps
v-synch on/off
tried another ISP (I am lucky I had a neighbor that let me pop on)

Still - crashing frequently, with no log, no reason, no temperature or ram use or cpu overflow, nothing I can see or gauge to know WTF is going on.

2 Likes

My game crashed to the point to where I’m on Xbox now

1 Like

tbh i dont remember the name of my motherboard, i have 2 stick of 8gb ram if that means much, i do know that it is all compatible and theres no major bottlenecking

My game has been alot smoother lately, and i updated my driver as well, nothing major now

Very interesting, see i have been having the same issues. Lately however its been much more tame and has not happened very frequently