Multiplayer Nameplates

Since Halo 3, and also in Reach, it was possible to personalize your MP nameplate with a symbol, (Halo 3 symbol, ODST symbol, AK47 symbol, etc). Those nameplate symbols were unlocked each with different requirements, from playing a given Halo game, to conecting your Live Account with Waypoint and so on. However, the activation of those symbols was made in Bungie.net. Since they no longer work in Halo, this is no longer possible. Is there an alternative place to do it? Or is it going to stay gone?

Halo Waypoint has no plans to add the feature to the site, mainly because some of the nameplates were related to Bungie (Marathon Durandal, Septagon & Bungie nameplates).

Whatever you have now, you’re stuck with.

yeah, that’s what I was afraid of. But just because some of those nameplates were related to Bungie’s work, that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be changed to become a Halo Symbols only. As far as I remember only Durandal symbol is not Halo related. The rest are the symbols of the games in the franchise.

> Halo Waypoint has no plans to add the feature to the site, mainly because some of the nameplates were related to Bungie (Marathon Durandal, Septagon & Bungie nameplates).
>
> Whatever you have now, you’re stuck with.

This is what I figured too. I thought about changing my nameplate one time, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to change it because of this.

> yeah, that’s what I was afraid of. But just because some of those nameplates were related to Bungie’s work, that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be changed to become a Halo Symbols only. As far as I remember only Durandal symbol is not Halo related. The rest are the symbols of the games in the franchise.

Marathon Durandal was one of Bungie’s games, it wouldn’t exactly make much sense for it to be displayed on Waypoint as an option.

Ok, but the Durandal is just an excuse. It could just ne removed, those nameplates they didn’t want there anymore. Why scratch the whole thing?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not bump posts.</mark>

I think we should be able to have the ability to have nameplates that Bungie offered since there are still players with the Seventh Column symbol on there gamertag in-game. I used to have one on my old account but now that I’m on a newer account, it won’t show up when I play Halo 3.