Multiplayer match starts

A couple of days ago lightning struck my brain while I was reading over a Waypoint bulletin about the maps being holographic. The idea of that really struck a chord with me and I started thinking about how the maps could be built while the match is about to begin. Not like a forge looking build, but something more digital looking. Almost like the map grows out of the ground digitally and materializes to its fullest when the match starts or within the first step your spartan takes.
I guess the only way I can describe it would be like those holographic maps you see in Avatar and other scifi movies. (but on the scale large enough for these training exercises to occur - like the Enterprise’s Holodeck but bigger)

If you get what I mean or can visual kinda what I wrote, what do you think about something like that? It would help with the sinking in that these matches are training exercises in a holographic environment.

What’s your ideas about the multiplayer maps that we see before the match starts? Do you like the static view like in Reach? I do like those angles, some are really good.

Knowing me and not keeping up with Halo 4 news, I’m sure that someone has seen a multiplayer match start.

You mean like seeing the city being built up from assassins creed.

> You mean like seeing the city being built up from assassins creed.

Ah, yes. Similar to that. I haven’t played Assassin’s Creed for so long that I forgot all about it.

I had the same idea a few weeks back, but never posted about it.
In my mind, it looks so cool.

Like the materialization of holograms on Star Trek? That’d be cool.

> I had the same idea a few weeks back, but never posted about it.
> In my mind, it looks so cool.

I know! I was thinking well holographic maps, why not go crazy and show the holographic maps being put together digitally. Rising out of the ground or just materializing from the holographic projectors.

Thought of this too. Sounds epic…

Not a bad idea. But I’d only ever want them to work on something like this when they’ve completely finished the game and are finalising it.

I had assumed it would work like the Hologram room from Red vs Blue. Sort of a blank slate and then everything appears.

> I had assumed it would work like the Hologram room from Red vs Blue. Sort of a blank slate and then everything appears.

Yeah, like that - more or less.

They should make maps that are being built while you’re playing on them.

> Thought of this too. Sounds epic…

That would be interesting. Have the maps “create” themselves during the countdown to match start if im understanding you right.

> That would be interesting. Have the maps “create” themselves during the countdown to match start if im understanding you right.

That you are, but in a sci-fiish/Halo sorta way.

That sure would be an awesome idea :slight_smile:
I hope it’s possible to implement in Halo 4 or maybe Halo 5, since it could make the waiting less boring and more fun, not to mention be a new, cool and unique feature (not copied from CoD) :slight_smile:

> That sure would be an awesome idea :slight_smile:
> I hope it’s possible to implement in Halo 4 or maybe Halo 5, since it could make the waiting less boring and more fun, not to mention be a new, cool and unique feature (not copied from CoD) :slight_smile:

Yes. I am not down with the whole CoD v Halo franchise debacle, even though there are slight similarities. But I do think something unique instead of looking at the map or watching a static picture would be a great idea and push forward in the game’s aesthetics to help make it stand out even more than it (hopefully) will.

I actually thought about this, too.

What if when you set a spawn timer on an object in Forge it appears like a grid before getting textured? As opposed to popping out of nowhere it forms with a holographic-style. That could lead to some AWESOME forge maps.

> I actually thought about this, too.
>
> What if when you set a spawn timer on an object in Forge it appears like a grid before getting textured? As opposed to popping out of nowhere it forms with a holographic-style. That could lead to some AWESOME forge maps.

Yes, a few layers would look great. A grid and the textures with digitized pixels dissolving in and covering the grid.

What I have been thinking about is being able to spar in the map while it’s being digitilized so you’re fighting on an unfinished map while it’s loading I dont know bout u guys but soundz koolz to me!!!1111!!! :smiley:

> What I have been thinking about is being able to spar in the map while it’s being digitilized so you’re fighting on an unfinished map while it’s loading I dont know bout u guys but soundz koolz to me!!!1111!!! :smiley:

The furthest my thoughts go when I was thinking about this also was that in the first .5 second you see the other team on the other side of the room before the map kicks in fully.