Multiplayer maps with dynamic weather

When are we going to have MP maps with dynamic weather?

you know what i’m talking about:

Rain → Heavy rain
Blinding fog
Sand storm
Blizzard
Blackout

It should be a new forge feature. Maybe WarZone should do it.

Been playing some Battlefield have we? :wink:

I would love dynamic weather in my Halo. That would be fantastic, great thought OP :smiley:

I really hope they have this feature in forge, I know a lot of us have wanted this for a while. That and time of day.

Weather would be awesome as well as some more stuff to interact with like in the halo 2 remastered. Blast doors, shields, or in warzone being able to lock a base down with blast doors making in harder maybe put a generator to them outside the base so its not impossible for the other team.

It has always annoyed me in Battlefield. The snow on Operation Locker and I think its Parcel Storm that has the rain are less fun to play because of the weather effects. I’m sure many would disagree though.

Some would use the argument that weather effects such as torrential rain and heavy snow would make MP more challenging and give it that much needed variety. However I don’t really play MP so don’t take my word on it :stuck_out_tongue:

Would love to see some weather in MP maps. I always loved playing Avalanche in H3 because of the snow.

I always have and always will support the addition of weather / environmental hazards to Halo’s multiplayer. Some of those maps would look damn cool at night with torrential rain and a layer of fog. Maybe some dust storms too.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> Been playing some Battlefield have we? :wink:
>
> I would love dynamic weather in my Halo. That would be fantastic, great thought OP :smiley:

Thats what came to mind as well, it’s actually pretty cool in that game. It would be cool to have a warzone map that starts out cloudy, then starts raining hard with thunder. Halo has never been that great with dynamic/destructible environments though.

Variable/editable weather has been a Forge request since Halo 3. It might be difficult since it hasn’t been implemented yet.

Dynamic weather in a Warzone map would be pretty sick.

Like a giant fog or sandstorm or something along those lines comes in, forcing 24 players to play a lot more CQB.

> 2533274819621068;1:
> When are we going to have MP maps with dynamic weather?
>
> you know what i’m talking about:
>
> Rain → Heavy rain
> Blinding fog
> Sand storm
> Blizzard
> Blackout
>
> It should be a new forge feature. Maybe WarZone should do it.

Nothing that limits your view, because I feel it’d put too much luck and camping into the equation. But noticeable rain and snow would be cool.

As ‘great’ of an idea as this has been recycled through multiple threads already…
No. It’s terrible. No one really wants to deal with the weather on a CONSTANT basis. Yes, every now and then it’s a great gimmick. But it would be SUPER annoying every game, or even every other game.