multiplayer maps from H4 need to comeback.

Man oh man, has Halo 5 had some of the absolute WORST maps, and remakes I’ve ever seen. I dont want to see anything but a select few carryover to H:I.
I for one like to see good maps return to newer halos.
I bring this up because halo 4 had some AWESOME maps, like Skyline, Vertigo, Complex, Exile, Longbow, Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Landfall, Monolith,Erosion. (I know about haven so dont bring it up)These were all so fun, and aside from maybe H2A, they were some of the most Appealing and best looking maps ever made.
I think the halo community went extremely wrong for bashing H4 too hard. Yes, it wasn’t very good compared to what we had, but the way you all went about it was a little to extreme. Because of that, I feel like we can attribute many of H5’s problems to the aggresive reaction to H4. (Aswell as what made H5 so good)
As a result, 343i basically acts like much of H4 didnt happen, and we miss out on the beauty of halo 4. These Multiplayer maps were beautiful, and I was expecting some to return, or follow the ideas of them although having a better color pallete. I want to see these maps again, and I feel upset that they went through the trouble of spending countless hours on all these maps (many I mentioned were dlc) all for nothing.
Tl;dr the community’s excessive hate for H4 robbed us of some of the beauties H4 had to offer.

Well the arena maps in H4 weren’t that great, BTB maps were ok but most of the maps were too samey, too small for BTB, I’d rather Infinite have good maps like Headlong from Halo 2. It’s a similar problem with Halo 5’s maps…since there aren’t any overly interesting AAA arena maps in H5 so I suspect Halo Infinite wouldn’t get any Halo 5 maps plus the ones that are…well they’re sort of only memorable because most are just remakes of older maps from the trilogy.

Best thing about them was the skyboxes, but they can stay in H4 unless they want to bring a couple for FFA. I’d much rather have original maps than remakes, but there are a lot better choices to pick from than H4 maps if they did decide to bring in old maps.

For the H4 hate, it wasn’t too excessive and I’m not gonna think any differently of it just because some time has passed. The game was a mess and it deserved everything it got. In 343’s defense, it was their first game and we know all the issues they had developing it, but they could’ve easily avoided a lot of the hate if they didn’t make some of those ridiculous gameplay decisions. I actually played on some of those maps you listed today in a custom game just to get a feel of them again and it actually reminded of a few of the bad things that I completely forgot about. I will say that every weapon not being able to zoom in was refreshing though.

> 2533274820814456;1:
> Man oh man, has Halo 5 had some of the absolute WORST maps, and remakes I’ve ever seen. I dont want to see anything but a select few carryover to H:I.
> I for one like to see good maps return to newer halos.
> I bring this up because halo 4 had some AWESOME maps, like Skyline, Vertigo, Complex, Exile, Longbow, Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Landfall, Monolith,Erosion. (I know about haven so dont bring it up)These were all so fun, and aside from maybe H2A, they were some of the most Appealing and best looking maps ever made.
> I think the halo community went extremely wrong for bashing H4 too hard. Yes, it wasn’t very good compared to what we had, but the way you all went about it was a little to extreme. Because of that, I feel like we can attribute many of H5’s problems to the aggresive reaction to H4. (Aswell as what made H5 so good)
> As a result, 343i basically acts like much of H4 didnt happen, and we miss out on the beauty of halo 4. These Multiplayer maps were beautiful, and I was expecting some to return, or follow the ideas of them although having a better color pallete. I want to see these maps again, and I feel upset that they went through the trouble of spending countless hours on all these maps (many I mentioned were dlc) all for nothing.
> Tl;dr the community’s excessive hate for H4 robbed us of some of the beauties H4 had to offer.

H4 had a tonne of issues, they were rightfully criticised and thankfully removed. H5 has simply made more regressive decisions, they’ve been rightfully criticised and hopefully removed…I hope infinite doesn’t carry on this cycle.

Against what you think (and to offer a counterpoint to Lukepowa) i don’t think the maps or the skyboxes were that great, about 3/4s of the skyboxes were just space battles or space farts (overuse of nebula) or space battles around space farts. Much of the texturing was poor in 4, rocks looked like plastic not rocks, metal looked like plastic and not metal, the floor plane on many maps were poorly textured and felt 2 dimensional.

The colour palette used in 4 was also very bland.
longbow
exile
skyline
perdition
maybe landfall
were the only maps listed with some point of interest. If it wasn’t for a green tint shatter would be bland using generic buildings, same could be said of harvest, complex, vertigo and daybreak. Regardless aside from the exemptions i made, most of it was rather open flat land with an uninspired colour palette, weak layouts with some builings thrown in, topped off with a predictable skybox.

Not to mention many maps had too much glare. Even with the issues removed (poor textures, poor lighting, different skybox, most of the maps themselves weren’t interesing and don’t deserve a remake.

I actually really liked some of Halo 4’s maps. Haven and Adrift would be good additions to Infinite, though they wouldn’t be my first choices for returning maps. If it had to be Halo 4, I’d pick those two.

> 2533274836465274;5:
> I actually really liked some of Halo 4’s maps. Haven and Adrift would be good additions to Infinite, though they wouldn’t be my first choices for returning maps. If it had to be Halo 4, I’d pick those two.

I can agree with this. They’re about the only two good maps in Halo 4, of those that aren’t remakes of older maps.

Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary maps were nothing short of visually stunning but in terms of Halo 4 if they want to revisit those maps than they need to undertake some heavy revisions.

I’m fine though if they don’t revisit Halo 5s map design, but if they adopt Halo 5 mechanics than it might just be that. I dont like Halo 5s map designs because its always the same loop of, "start from bottom floor, rush mid only for the single power weapon, take top floor and pistol snipe, jump back to bottom floor, repeat.

I want more focus on power positions and effective sightlines and being fun to traverse all of which is something Halo 4 and 5 maps lack. But since Halo 5 maps were ugly I’m on board on having maps visually similar to Halo 4 and H2A. I’m just afraid Halo Infinite is going to try to take the “photorealistic” and “photographography” thingy that most games use nowadays for boring sterile looking environments which is what the trailer kinda seemed to me. But hopefully I’m wrong.

Some maps in Halo 4 were decent though, but like I said a few tweaks and revisions and I’ll be on board and i won’t be disappointed if they show up in Infinite.

As far as I remember, most of the maps in Halo 4 were quite mediocre and uninspired. Gameplay wise most of them were cluttered with no clear flow or striking features. The alternative was fairly simple neatly symmetric maps, which aren’t really bad to have, per se, but they weren’t anything exceptional either. No map in Halo 4 did anything interesting with the design, and I really mean anything. For example, I don’t consider Construct to be any incredible feat of creativity, but at least the significant verticality with the lifts and the exposed lower floor is an interesting and memorable design choice. In Halo 4 it was all just really standard fairly flat boxes made of some similar rooms and similar corridors, or—as often seems to be the case in Halo 4—similar rocks.

Aesthetically, I have to confess that I don’t like the general art direction of Halo 4, the muted colors and the angular and unnatural blocky rock faces and the unreasonably clean surfaces, so I’m not going to be huge for the aesthetics of the maps either. For the most part, the general design aesthetic of the playable areas is just complete miss for me for the aforementioned reasons. Like maybe that strange ominous green glow on Shatter is sort of interesting, but the map is just bland rock and bland white 343i human buildings™. Haven is really the only map where I can say that 343i’s art style works for the aesthetic, and the whole map comes out as nice looking.

When it comes to skyboxes, I think there are two kinds of skyboxes in Halo 4: skyboxes that look fairly natural and don’t try anything fancy, and skyboxes that try too hard. Take for example Solace, the people who made the map clearly thought that a death ray shooting a huge red glowing planet on the sky looks really cool, and some people probably agree with them, but to me it just looks like the skybox is trying too hard to look striking. I’m personally more a fan of the subtly beautiful. On the other hand, there are the maps with mostly natural sky. I think Ragnarok is a good example of this. It looks realistic. It looks realistic, and I don’t think I would have a problem with that if it wouldn’t be for Halo 4’s subdued colors, which contributes to the map’s bland look, compared to its colorful predecessor. My issue with these skyboxes goes back to the general art style of Halo 4. I don’t like the game’s interpretation of sky (except on Haven, which again is pretty great). Other maps that don’t use normal sky but don’t do anything too fancy either seem to have the same issue of muted colors. For example, Abandon goes for that Guardian style fog, but it doesn’t pull it off like Guardian, because the map is void of color and just ends up looking bland.

Regarding the whole idea of remaking maps from Halo 4, I’m not a fan of remakes to begin with. I don’t think Blood Gulch needed to be remade twice, and I prefer the Valhalla approach of building a spiritual successor that gives a nod what is an extremely iconic map (and therefore it’s at least understandable for it to be remade), but doesn’t actually play anything like the original map. I don’t think the maps that have been remade over the years needed to be remade. I think a new game is a great way to push forward map design and try new ideas. Remakes will obviously happen, because I’m sure they’re also useful for the developer to save some time, but a remake has to be made to save time and resources, then I think the map to be remade should be something highly iconic like Blood Gulch, not just any random map that hasn’t yet been remade. With that said, I don’t think Halo 4 has any maps that are worth remaking. I don’t think aesthetics play a factor in this choice, because they can (and often will) be changed. However, I don’t think any Halo 4 map is remake worthy gameplay wise, and I don’t think any Halo 4 map has reached such status in the community that it would deserve a remake.

The only H4 maps I liked were Exile and Longbow and only cause I love winter maps. H4’s maps were probably some of the worst maps in the franchise. I definitely would not like to see those styles brought back.

Unless its a real fan favorite map infinite and up will never use a map from Halo 4

would love to see Complex return, or Landfall both were good maps

I’ve played quite a lot of Halo 4 and really the only memorable maps for me were Haven and Vortex. All the rest kinda got lumped together, and with the addition of Forge maps rotating in matchmaking (in the 360 version of the game), it got hard to keep track of a lot of the maps.

If those are the only two maps to come back, I’d be perfectly fine with that, as long as they played well with the game mechanics. I’d much rather see a return of classic maps from the original trilogy as well as a great selection of new maps that are well balanced, artistically entertaining, and a blast to play on. This is something Halo 4 lacked, since a large portion of the maps were generally the same symmetrical Forerunner design.

I’d want maps from Halo 3 to be brought back, especially Orbital, CItadel, Longshore, Heretic, Assembly and Sandbox!

Halo 4 had about 10 people left within 5 months of release. It would make sense to any smart company to ensure no element of H4 is present in any future titles. Smart company…

after halo 3 maps were designed to support armor abilities. so they kinda sucked