Multiplayer Maps - Background Noise

Is there any way to get rid of the background noise? I’m trying to make some machinima stuff, and the noise ruins the video when putting all the clips together. For example, in Perdition you have the sirens. I don’t want to have to mute the clips because then the weapon sounds will be muted too. I’ve tried playing music through the Xbox menu and then pausing it but that only gets rid of the background music.

Is there any way I can do this?

Don’t think you can. I’ve wished you could mute Spartan Ops dialogue when going for Forerunner Destroyer. Best bet is probably to just mute it and then dub over weapon sounds from a quiet environment.

In machinima, best practice is to mute the video’s original audio and overlay all of the audio manually. This will give you more control over what sounds you hear and when.

So if you record some ambiance from a map and then add that in afterwards, it will give you nice, fluid ambient noise across all clips. Then record only the weapon sounds by going into Theater and using the right trigger, which will mute the ambiance for the most part (I may be mistaken about that; it’s been awhile). Add that in above the overlayed ambiance.

It’s a lot more work, but it’s very well worth it.