Multiplayer Map Locations- Halo Infinite

Halo’s unspoken strength has always been its ability to create maps that aren’t just fun to play at a baseline level, but the ability to create maps in multiplayer with a great ambience, artistic direction, and bits of story expanded upon outside of the campaign. Backwash was an excellent callback to the end of 343 Guilty Spark in Combat Evolved. Cold Storage and Isolation gave us a glimpse in multiplayer as to what happens when the Flood breaks out. Maps like Epitaph and Ghost Town give us a glimpse into long-forgotten structures, the former being Forerunner and the latter being human. Some maps such as Death Island and Forge World make for some of the best open-ended gameplay and imagination. Overall, Halo maps have to do a few things-

1. Tell a story visually (Show Don’t Tell)
  2. Look aesthetically pleasing (even destruction)
  3. Imply a “bigger picture” (What makes this map so important?)

With these things in mind, here are my ideas for Halo Infinite to explore in terms of settings:

MAETHRILLIAN- The Forerunner Capital

HIGH CHARITY (INFECTED)- The ruined remains of the former Covenant Holy City

THE “PALACE OF PAIN”- One of several Flood research facilities on Zeta Halo, the (presumed) setting of Halo Infinite

SYDNEY- The capital city of the United Earth Government. Set in a rainy dark night. Think ODST setting but for Multiplayer. (Okay I really just want a call back to ODST PLEASE)

THE CARTOGRAPHER- Zeta Halo’s Cartographer facility.

VOI EXCLUSION ZONE- The radioactive, eerily quiet remains of Africa left behind after the events of Halo 3.

UNSC HALCYON-CLASS CRUISER- Setting meant to resemble the UNSC Pillar of Autumn.

REQUIEM- Forerunner Shield World that housed Ur-Didact Shadow of Sundered Star.

SANGHELIOS- Homeworld of the Sangheili/Elites.

MISRIAH ARMORIES- Weapons manufacturer on Mars. Builds everything from firearms to HAVOK nukes to MJOLNIR power armor.

ANCIENT HUMAN RUINS- Hinted in the Halo Infinite trailer. These ruins would have been present during the events of HALO: Primordium.

What locations do you hope 343 Industries explores in the Multiplayer for Halo Infinite?

I love these ideas :slight_smile: One that I’d like to see is Onyx as seen by the Spartans, Halsey, and Mendez when they were in the time bubble (don’t recall the exact term so please feel free to correct that). I don’t think a setting like that has been used for a map before and there’s a lot of potential.

Though maybe it’d be anachronistic (or maybe not, who knows what the future holds) I’d love to see a map on Alpha Halo. Either that or more human cities, designed similarly to the Halo 2 Mombasa maps.

I just really hope the maps have unique environments.

> 2779900484279609;4:
> I just really hope the maps have unique environments.

Same dude. I really don’t want yet another pop-up white and gray metal generic UNSC encampment. I want them to get creative with their worlds. They’ve clearly shown they’re capable of it with maps like Overgrowth and Mercy (the Haven remake).

> 2533274879997515;3:
> Though maybe it’d be anachronistic (or maybe not, who knows what the future holds) I’d love to see a map on Alpha Halo. Either that or more human cities, designed similarly to the Halo 2 Mombasa maps.

Considering that it’s all simulated stuff, the only things that would be anachronisms would be if it was a location that wasn’t officially discovered yet. But even then, when it comes to Multiplayer I’m not exactly a stickler for lore accuracy.

> 2533274824050480;2:
> I love these ideas :slight_smile: One that I’d like to see is Onyx as seen by the Spartans, Halsey, and Mendez when they were in the time bubble (don’t recall the exact term so please feel free to correct that). I don’t think a setting like that has been used for a map before and there’s a lot of potential.

Onyx would be a great setting. A lot of potential.

> 2533274879997515;3:
> Though maybe it’d be anachronistic (or maybe not, who knows what the future holds) I’d love to see a map on Alpha Halo. Either that or more human cities, designed similarly to the Halo 2 Mombasa maps.

That would be great! Bringing back B30/Death Island in some way could be fantastic. :slight_smile:

I would like to go off the title of ‘Infinite’ and hope for multiplayer maps from across the series, not just this campaign. I’d always wanted to see:

A map along the lines of the beginning of Regret/ Delta Halo from Halo 2.
A big team battle map from Quarantine Zone from Halo 2. Complete mayhem.
A more urban High Charity map.
New Mombasa, and some map on the tops of buildings from an ODST theme.
A map aboard/ around Truth and Reconciliation from CE.
BTB map around the desert of the level the Ark/ Tsavo Highway from Halo 3.
A map from Reach (Beach head environment from beginning of Long Night of Solace?).

Sorry just kept going in there lol. Just generic maps on the Halo/ Ark worlds. More nature inspired besides of grey, urban boredom that has plagued the past few games. I love the ambient feel to maps, where you could enjoy the map even without other players in the game. Make it full of wonder and beauty.

> 2533274811948559;9:
> I would like to go off the title of ‘Infinite’ and hope for multiplayer maps from across the series, not just this campaign. I’d always wanted to see:
>
> A map along the lines of the beginning of Regret/ Delta Halo from Halo 2.
> A big team battle map from Quarantine Zone from Halo 2. Complete mayhem.
> A more urban High Charity map.
> New Mombasa, and some map on the tops of buildings from an ODST theme.
> A map aboard/ around Truth and Reconciliation from CE.
> BTB map around the desert of the level the Ark/ Tsavo Highway from Halo 3.
> A map from Reach (Beach head environment from beginning of Long Night of Solace?).
>
> Sorry just kept going in there lol. Just generic maps on the Halo/ Ark worlds. More nature inspired besides of grey, urban boredom that has plagued the past few games. I love the ambient feel to maps, where you could enjoy the map even without other players in the game. Make it full of wonder and beauty.

Couldn’t have put it better myself dude

Good points and awesome map ideas, agree with everything. I would like a cave map. I remember a BTB map in H2 being underground, the atmosphere it gave off was the coolest thing to me.

Truth and reconciliation! I always wanted a map for this. Also I want a true guardian remake. But most importantly I want an ODST new mombasa urban map. Mystic Equinox put it best.

I want them to be an expansion and reflection of the world established in Infinite.