"Multiplayer is Not Allowed"

Hi all,

When I try clicking “Find Game” on the Halo: TMCC menu, I get the following message:

"MULTIPLAYER IS NOT ALLOWED

The Multiplayer feature is blocked due to your Xbox LIVE settings. Please make sure you have the correct Xbox LIVE account and your Family Settings are turned off."

Now I only have one account on my Xbox One and my settings are unrestricted. I have checked this both online and on my Xbox itself and there are no family settings.

I have tried restarting my console, plugging it out for a couple of minutes then back in, but nothing.

Can anybody help? I just want to play some Matchmaking!

Thanks in advance!

That happened to me aswell even tho my settings were unrestricted and I just got the message then continued in to matchmaking.
Can’t really help you but it definately a bug which will get fixed.

Better check and see if MS didn’t suspend your accout. They did that to me for no reason the day came out and thats the message I get when I want to play.

I’m allowed to play any other Multiplayer game, such as Destiny, so I can’t have been suspended. I hope they fix this soon if it is a bug!

> 2533274801252408;1:
> Hi all,
>
> When I try clicking “Find Game” on the Halo: TMCC menu, I get the following message:
>
> “MULTIPLAYER IS NOT ALLOWED
>
> The Multiplayer feature is blocked due to your Xbox LIVE settings. Please make sure you have the correct Xbox LIVE account and your Family Settings are turned off.”
>
> Now I only have one account on my Xbox One and my settings are unrestricted. I have checked this both online and on my Xbox itself and there are no family settings.
>
> I have tried restarting my console, plugging it out for a couple of minutes then back in, but nothing.
>
> Can anybody help? I just want to play some Matchmaking!
>
> Thanks in advance!

This has nothing to do with your account. I got this many times. Only thing you can do is turn off your box an turn it back on and or sign out and in until it works again. This is extremely frustrating and I hope this will get fixed soon.

> 2533274792814301;5:
>

> 2533274792814301;5:
> This has nothing to do with your account. I got this many times. Only thing you can do is turn off your box an turn it back on and or sign out and in until it works again. This is extremely frustrating and I hope this will get fixed soon.

No way man! How long will this take me - how many times did you have to sign in and out???

Same here, ive restarted my xbox 10 times today. lame

after 3 days… and 1 update i am finally playing a matchmaking game.

Exact same thing happened to me. I just quit MCC and restarted it, never happened since.

Hi Guys!

Same thing happened to me. If this happens, turn your XBOX One off by touching the power button but continue holding the button for about 10 seconds. It will take a little longer to shut down. This drains all the power from the XBOX and when you turn it on again, it will prompt you that MCC needs a download. It is 88mb so wont take too long.

This should solve the issue.

C HUNTER 0NE

Try to clear your system cache. Kind of like what C Hunter One said-

Turn off X1>Unplug power cord from back of xbox>Sit for 2 minutes>plug back in> wait for power brick to switch from white to orange>Turn on Xbox.

Mine was saying this too but a minute later i got an update so they might have closed it to update it

Thanks guys. I didn’t consider hard-resetting it, that worked perfectly. 88 mb patch fixed it.

Just gonna add that you don’t necessarily have to do a hard reset or clear the system cache to get that 88 mb update. As soon as I saw that I wasn’t able to play online, I restarted my Xbox One using my controller, and when I turned it back on, I got the update. After the update, my game now works. This seems to be a viable solution.

How long is the estimate till its fixed on all Xbox consoles. And will it reduce the lag issues, Finding a game issues and not getting the achievements for halo 2 issues. Those are just some issues me and my buds are getting trying to play the game. All of us have ran into different issues.

(Also anyone interested who is reading this forum) add : M10101110010110 If you are looking to get any of the campaign done on legendary 2 players.

You are welcome!

And the games all mixed together - what a mistake!

We should be able to turn on a filter that let’s us only play the game we want. Like filter for Halo 4. Then everyone will get to play the version they want.

Anyone agree with having the playlists separated or filterable by game? I just can’t stand flipping back and forth between sprinting, no sprinting, loadouts, no loadouts, etc.

I and 7 of my friends have all gone back to Halo 4 on the 360.

C HUNTER 0NE

Cannot believe this - I still, to this day (Sunday) am getting the same message. I left my Xbox all of Saturday, so haven’t played it since Friday. I turned it on today, and it said it was updating (100%) as soon as my Xbox One turned on. I presumed this must be a fix - but no. I still get this message.

I pressed my Xbox power button for 10 seconds to drain its power, plugged it out for a few minutes, plugged it back in, waited another minute and then turned it on. And still I get the message!

Seriously, what is wrong with my game!?!?

I am also having the same problem. I tried everything posted earlier, I’ve reinstalled the game twice, once even with a new disk. I just don’t get it and I’m ready to return the game. I’m not waiting until Wednesday for the next update that may or may not fix it.

> 2535458926080221;10:
> Hi Guys!
>
> Same thing happened to me. If this happens, turn your XBOX One off by touching the power button but continue holding the button for about 10 seconds. It will take a little longer to shut down. This drains all the power from the XBOX and when you turn it on again, it will prompt you that MCC needs a download. It is 88mb so wont take too long.
>
> This should solve the issue.
>
> C HUNTER 0NE

I tried this and everything else in this forum and nothing has worked… When my Xbox turns back on its not prompting any download. Any other ideas?

It happened to me and it ended up being an u[pdate I needed to download. Just turn off your xbox take out your gaame turn on your xbox and put in the game then it should download the update and fix your problem

There is nothing else you can do other than keep trying to get the update to download. Maybe even try unplugging your xbox