Multiplayer is kind of stale.

Been playing Halo MP all my life and I have to say, this campaign better be good enough to foster ten years of play-time

As much as I like turning spartan helmets into paint against a wall, I cant see myself focusing soley on MP, its just too stale and samey- which is great for a lot of people just not me

I hope the campaign is fleshed out and gorgeous because if its not I cant see myself playing the new Halo regularly passed a few months.

My main focus is the campaign and PVE modes, so I have high hopes that 343 will be able to deliver a lot of content for the next 10 years. I wish they gave us over the years something similar to Destiny, but with our Spartan.

I personally hate competitive multiplayer and want to agree. If this becomes a game where people play solely on Bazaar with BR starts then I’m -Yoink!- right off.

But (here I go being a 343 shill again) we’ve only played a few maps, with no real progression, a reduced weapon sandbox (which we know more will exist at launch), with restricted game modes (which we should hopefully see more of at launch), in a buggy pre-release version of the game before any content updates. I feel like the samey feeling is because of the intentional restrictions of the flight.

What do you mean by “samey”? Because every halo game since reach has played drastically different from the one before it. So different in fact that for many players halo 4 and 5 didn’t even feel like halo at all.

I don’t see it as infinite being the same. It’s more accurate imo to say that infinite is returning to it’s roots. If all you’ve ever played is Halo 2/3 then infinite might feel like more of the same. But after a decade of the devs trying to reinvent and update halo into something different, infinite just feels like a coming home.

> 2533274866536985;4:
> What do you mean by “samey”? Because every halo game since reach has played drastically different from the one before it. So different in fact that for many players halo 4 and 5 didn’t even feel like halo at all.
>
> I don’t see it as infinite being the same. It’s more accurate imo to say that infinite is returning to it’s roots. If all you’ve ever played is Halo 2/3 then infinite might feel like more of the same. But after a decade of the devs trying to reinvent and update halo into something different, infinite just feels like a coming home.

I think the problem is with FPS’s in general. They tend to bottleneck themselves. You cant do much more than hop in and out of the vehicle and shoot people. The only thing fun about Infinite is that theres a new Halo game to play but they didnt really add much in the form of gameplay mechanics other than some new equipment(most of which wont be used by the majority of the playerbase I bet)

whether you call it samey or ‘returning to its roots’ is more of a semantic game than anything else. I guess what I mean to say is that, well, ive been there and done that. A grapple shot mechanic or a skewer gun is just not going to bring me back to the MP aspect of the game past a month or two is all im saying

So that campaign better be worth coming back to

The main issue i have so far is that its so -Yoinking!- slow to get anywhere. Sprint is just barely faster than jog to the point you might as well not bother sprinting as its not gonna change your arrival time at all. Which makes sprinting in of itself a fancy animation and not a game mechanic. 343 needs to boosts the movement speed. Cause even reaches sprint felt like a sprint. And that -Yoink- was an armor ability. 4s sprint was closest to reach in speed and how often you could do it. With the exception of a armor mod that made it an infinite thing. 5s was by far the fastest and while yes i get why some people thought it was bad as it stretched maps out, i personally liked it as it made maneuvering easier. I would honestly prefer a faster halo 4s sprint or a slower halo 5 sprint compared to the slightly faster jog we currently have in infinite as to me its effectively useless. Sure i have sliding and can shoot out of sprint…but one of those was already in halo 5 and was used exceptionally well. Shooting immediately out of sprint seems nice until you realize you are effectively jog shooting…like you always do. Btw im an og halo player. Played halo 1-3 long before halo reach came out and have genuinely liked sprinting when it came out in reach.