Multiplayer is going in the right direction

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This is my opinion as to why 343 are making good changes to Halo multiplayer. I strongly dislike Halo multiplayer right now.

1. COD influence

I think COD is a far superior multiplayer shooter to Halo right now. By introducing COD elements, I think Halo us going in the right direction. Custom loadouts and ordnance personalisation will introduce a new level of personalisation which Halo has always lacked. No more flame wars over DMRs and ARs.

1. Casual orientated

So far Halo 4 looks to revolve more around casual gamers than the previous installments. Bungies Halo multiplayer gave rise to a hostile, elitist community, which is a pathetic attitude towards video game IMO. Ever visited the Bungie forums? Nothing but hostility, flame wars, talks about trueskill and KD. Pathetic. Hopefully, we will see less of this in the Halo 4 community.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with competetive gamers as a whole. It’s all about your attitude. If you aim to win every game, but shrug off losses and say ‘maybe next time.’ that’s the right attitude. If you rage, blame the game and go on forums to insult others, you have the wrong attitude. A real competetive gamer will aim to win even in a game like Halo 4 which looks to be more unbalanced than Bungie Halos.

And that is why I think 343 is going in the right direction with Halo 4.

Introducing CoD elements? Right direction?

CoD recycles everything since 2007… I can’t see any good direction there.

> Introducing CoD elements? Right direction?
>
>
> CoD recycles everything since 2007… I can’t see any good direction there.

CoD doesn’t need to change, it has a good formula and every installments attracts more fans, because it’s core gameplay is god enough.

What you said is both NOT the right direction or what IS happening to the game.

> > Introducing CoD elements? Right direction?
> >
> >
> > CoD recycles everything since 2007… I can’t see any good direction there.
>
> CoD doesn’t need to change, it has a good formula and every installments attracts more fans, because it’s core gameplay is god enough.

Facepalm

CoD… How to put this without getting banned? That aint possible

If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?

> What you said is both NOT the right direction or what IS happening to the game.

Eh what?

Are you meaning to say that neither of these things are happening to Halo 4?

That’s what it seems like from what I’ve seen :confused:

> If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?

This

> If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?

Implying that multiplayer is the only thing to Halo?

I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, the story and campaigns of Halo. But I detest the multiplayer and the current community. I think that COD influences are a change for the good.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?
>
> Implying that multiplayer is the only thing to Halo?
>
> I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, the story and campaigns of Halo. <mark>But I detest the multiplayer and the current community.</mark> I think that COD influences are a change for the good.

Oh, you hate the community?

Then what are you doing here? G T F O.

> > If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?
>
> Implying that multiplayer is the only thing to Halo?
>
> I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, the story and campaigns of Halo. But I detest the multiplayer and the current community. I think that COD influences are a change for the good.

CoD has never been good influence… CoD is built for those who simply play to get easy kills and no need for skilled gameplay or teamwork. I could anyday play CoD and get 40+ kills with the horrible weapons and mechanics it has.

>

You just don’t understand what I’m saying do you :confused:

Halo 4 community hasn’t properly been set up yet. The game isn’t out yet.

It’s the community of Reach and Halo 3 who are annoying. Very few of them are here. If you aren’t aware, on Bungie they constantly insult you guys.

> > > > If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?
> > >
> > > Implying that multiplayer is the only thing to Halo?
> > >
> > > I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, the story and campaigns of Halo. <mark>But I detest the multiplayer and the current community.</mark> I think that COD influences are a change for the good.
> >
> > Oh, you hate the community?
> >
> > Then what are you doing here? G T F O.
>
> You just don’t understand what I’m saying do you :confused:
>
> Halo 4 community hasn’t properly been set up yet. The game isn’t out yet.
>
> It’s the community of Reach and Halo 3 who are annoying. Very few of them are here. If you aren’t aware, on Bungie they constantly insult you guys.

You don’t really know what you are saying do you? Most of the guys here ARE either from Halo 3s or Reach’s community. So with that logic EVERYONE here on the forums are annoying.

> > > If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?
> >
> > Implying that multiplayer is the only thing to Halo?
> >
> > I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, the story and campaigns of Halo. But I detest the multiplayer and the current community. I think that COD influences are a change for the good.
>
> CoD has never been good influence… CoD is built for those who simply play to get easy kills and no need for skilled gameplay or teamwork. I could anyday play CoD and get 40+ kills with the horrible weapons and mechanics it has.

If you ask me, it takes skill to stay alive in COD.

But that besides the point. The point is that a less skill based game and a more fun based game will result in a less hostile, friendlier community, and from the looks of it, that’s what 343 is currently doing with Halo 4, and that’s a good thing.

> > What you said is both NOT the right direction or what IS happening to the game.
>
> Eh what?
>
> Are you meaning to say that neither of these things are happening to Halo 4?
>
> That’s what it seems like from what I’ve seen :confused:

What I’m saying is that just copying another game game is not going in the right direction. When a game loses its individuality, what makes it unique, it’s then nothing special.

Not that the game IS copying CoD. Just look at the two, they couldn’t be more different. I’m not going to pull the herpa derpa ‘Did you play the game yet? No? Then shut it!’ card, but have you played the game first hand or just looked at what is being introduced, and how it HAS been put in the game?

For example, perks. Well, specilisations. They sound CoD-ey, but they are actually drastically different from COD’s perk system. It’s weird to explain, but they do help the player without an overall affect on the rest of the game.

As for the last post where I was like ‘G T F O’, I was just -Yoink!- around. Apologies.

> > > > > If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?
> > > >
> > > > Implying that multiplayer is the only thing to Halo?
> > > >
> > > > I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, the story and campaigns of Halo. <mark>But I detest the multiplayer and the current community.</mark> I think that COD influences are a change for the good.
> > >
> > > Oh, you hate the community?
> > >
> > > Then what are you doing here? G T F O.
> >
> > You just don’t understand what I’m saying do you :confused:
> >
> > Halo 4 community hasn’t properly been set up yet. The game isn’t out yet.
> >
> > It’s the community of Reach and Halo 3 who are annoying. Very few of them are here. If you aren’t aware, on Bungie they constantly insult you guys.
>
> You don’t really know what you are saying do you? Most of the guys here ARE either from Halo 3s or Reach’s community. So with that logic EVERYONE here on the forums are annoying.

I can see, that is evident from all these whiny posts about COD and stuff.

Halo 3 and Reachs community are ruined by elitist, insulting bullies, who are also the most vocal. Are you by any chance one of these people? If not, then you are one of the decent people from the Reach community.

> > > > If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?
> > >
> > > Implying that multiplayer is the only thing to Halo?
> > >
> > > I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, the story and campaigns of Halo. But I detest the multiplayer and the current community. I think that COD influences are a change for the good.
> >
> > CoD has never been good influence… CoD is built for those who simply play to get easy kills and no need for skilled gameplay or teamwork. I could anyday play CoD and get 40+ kills with the horrible weapons and mechanics it has.
>
> If you ask me, it takes skill to stay alive in COD.
>
> But that besides the point. The point is that a less skill based game and a more fun based game will result in a less hostile, friendlier community, and from the looks of it, that’s what 343 is currently doing with Halo 4, and that’s a good thing.

CoD is nothing more then hostile childish players screaming in their mics.
Hence why some call it: ‘‘Childrens online daycare’’

Halo has always been a friendly community, i never met any hostile players.

> > > What you said is both NOT the right direction or what IS happening to the game.
> >
> > Eh what?
> >
> > Are you meaning to say that neither of these things are happening to Halo 4?
> >
> > That’s what it seems like from what I’ve seen :confused:
>
> What I’m saying is that just copying another game game is not going in the right direction. When a game loses its individuality, what makes it unique, it’s then nothing special.
>
>
> Not that the game IS copying CoD. Just look at the two, they couldn’t be more different. I’m not going to pull the herpa derpa ‘Did you play the game yet? No? Then shut it!’ card, but have you played the game first hand or just looked at what is being introduced, and how it HAS been put in the game?
>
> For example, perks. Well, specilisations. They sound CoD-ey, but they are actually drastically different from COD’s perk system. It’s weird to explain, but they do help the player without an overall affect on the rest of the game.
>
> As for the last post where I was like ‘G T F O’, I was just -Yoink!- around. Apologies.

Its OK. See, an apology like that would never be heard from the current H3 and Reach COD and 343 haters.

I see what you are saying, they will probably be quite different, but I think that 343 probably was influenced by modern shooters like COD.

> > > > What you said is both NOT the right direction or what IS happening to the game.
> > >
> > > Eh what?
> > >
> > > Are you meaning to say that neither of these things are happening to Halo 4?
> > >
> > > That’s what it seems like from what I’ve seen :confused:
> >
> > What I’m saying is that just copying another game game is not going in the right direction. When a game loses its individuality, what makes it unique, it’s then nothing special.
> >
> >
> > Not that the game IS copying CoD. Just look at the two, they couldn’t be more different. I’m not going to pull the herpa derpa ‘Did you play the game yet? No? Then shut it!’ card, but have you played the game first hand or just looked at what is being introduced, and how it HAS been put in the game?
> >
> > For example, perks. Well, specilisations. They sound CoD-ey, but they are actually drastically different from COD’s perk system. It’s weird to explain, but they do help the player without an overall affect on the rest of the game.
> >
> > As for the last post where I was like ‘G T F O’, I was just -Yoink!- around. Apologies.
>
> Its OK. See, an apology like that would never be heard from the current H3 and Reach COD and 343 haters.
>
> I see what you are saying, they will probably be quite different, but I think that 343 probably was influenced by modern shooters like COD.

They’re influenced by modern Halo games… Do you seriously think CoD invented all of mechanics it has?

I’d like to see them so called ‘‘Quickscopers’’ survive in a Halo game.

> > > > > If you hate Halo multiplayer and love CoD, why are you here?
> > > >
> > > > Implying that multiplayer is the only thing to Halo?
> > > >
> > > > I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, the story and campaigns of Halo. But I detest the multiplayer and the current community. I think that COD influences are a change for the good.
> > >
> > > CoD has never been good influence… CoD is built for those who simply play to get easy kills and no need for skilled gameplay or teamwork. I could anyday play CoD and get 40+ kills with the horrible weapons and mechanics it has.
> >
> > If you ask me, it takes skill to stay alive in COD.
> >
> > But that besides the point. The point is that a less skill based game and a more fun based game will result in a less hostile, friendlier community, and from the looks of it, that’s what 343 is currently doing with Halo 4, and that’s a good thing.
>
> CoD is nothing more then hostile childish players screaming in their mics.
> Hence why some call it: ‘‘Childrens online daycare’’
>
> Halo has always been a friendly community, i never met any hostile players.

Well, OK, I accept that, but remember that kids (hopefully) will mature one day.

The hostile part of the Halo community I am in about is actually composed of mainly 17 to 20 year olds, people you would think have matured, but still carry this pathetic attitude towards a game.