Multiplayer Disappointments

Of all the things I noticed that 343 did wrong with the multiplayer
I swear the “Bullet Stun” is the worse, there is absolutely no place for a “Call of Duty” /endgameezmodeIwinbutton -Yoink-.

For those who do not understand what I am talking about with “bullet stun” I am talking about the mechanic in place that when a player is hit in combat by an projectile, he becomes slowed, this happens while both sprinting and in regular movement.

It is something that has never been in Halo before, and I am a firm believer that it does not have any place in Halo now.

Honestly I am thoroughly disgusted in how the Halo multiplayer experience has been watered down into some kind of Call of Duty fanboy’s dream vacation.

Additionally I’ve do not have many good things to say about the supply drop mechanic introduced to the game.

I realize that 343i wanted to refresh the Halo multiplayer, but I feel that this is at a cost to the core gameplay that makes Halo - Halo.

For those that agree I would put up a poll to try and at least remove the “Bullet Stun” mechanic… perhaps if enough of us voice our discontent, we can have this shameful and ugly thing removed.

Are you sure it is there when moving regular? However, it needs to be there when people are sprinting to balance out the sprint, so they can’t escape when they are 1-shot or run for double beatdowns.

It is there for regular movement, and any true Halo fan would know it has no place in the game.

Double beatdowns are a part of the Halo experience, and if you want to avoid them you can use the Thruster Pack armor ability, that’s why it’s there.

Additionally when people are fired upon, running for cover should be an option, Bullet Stun as a kind of crowd control mechanic completely negates that… besides…if you can’t hit a moving target, you’re in trouble.

I am Toast…

promethean vision and active camo are a disapointment… cheap armor abilities for the noobs, thoe 2 ruin the game

Bumping this back to the surface for more to read.

If they remove sprint then I’m all for this but without that this needs to be in the game someone sprinting up to you and beating you down is extremely unskillful and that long easy word you used earlier, as is being able to run away when you put yourself into a situation where you should die. This is one of the things done right in H4 but i agree with the rest of your stuff.

> promethean vision and active camo are a disapointment… cheap armor abilities for the noobs, thoe 2 ruin the game

I think they are useless and easy to counter honestly. If youre a noob and using them, you are still just as easy to kill, in fact camo makes you easier because you’re prolly thinking, OMG NO ONE SEES ME IM SO SNEAKY. But I do, and you don’t do anything cause you wanna stab me. So I just kill you for being a person.

Edit: Reta-rd gets changed to “person”
Great.

> promethean vision and active camo are a disapointment… cheap armor abilities for the noobs, thoe 2 ruin the game

qft

> > promethean vision and active camo are a disapointment… cheap armor abilities for the noobs, thoe 2 ruin the game
>
> I think they are useless and easy to counter honestly. If youre a noob and using them, you are still just as easy to kill, in fact camo makes you easier because you’re prolly thinking, OMG NO ONE SEES ME IM SO SNEAKY. But I do, and you don’t do anything cause you wanna stab me. So I just kill you for being a person.

If there was a rofl smiley like the ones on my jeepforum I’d put like 5 of them.

This post is full of win.

This has been a feature in Halo before. I seem to remember being slowed down when shot by a plasma rifle or plasma pistol in H1…

> Of all the things I noticed that 343 did wrong with the multiplayer
> I swear the “Bullet Stun” is the worse, there is absolutely no place for a “Call of Duty” /endgameezmodeIwinbutton -Yoink!-.
>
> For those who do not understand what I am talking about with “bullet stun” I am talking about the mechanic in place that when a player is hit in combat by an projectile, he becomes slowed, this happens while both sprinting and in regular movement.
>
> It is something that has never been in Halo before, and I am a firm believer that it does not have any place in Halo now.
>
> Honestly I am thoroughly disgusted in how the Halo multiplayer experience has been watered down into some kind of Call of Duty fanboy’s dream vacation.
>
>
> Additionally I’ve do not have many good things to say about the supply drop mechanic introduced to the game.
>
> I realize that 343i wanted to refresh the Halo multiplayer, but I feel that this is at a cost to the core gameplay that makes Halo - Halo.
>
> For those that agree I would put up a poll to try and at least remove the “Bullet Stun” mechanic… perhaps if enough of us voice our discontent, we can have this shameful and ugly thing removed.

Lets see how fast you run when you get shot. Just sayin.

> > Of all the things I noticed that 343 did wrong with the multiplayer
> > I swear the “Bullet Stun” is the worse, there is absolutely no place for a “Call of Duty” /endgameezmodeIwinbutton -Yoink!-.
> >
> > For those who do not understand what I am talking about with “bullet stun” I am talking about the mechanic in place that when a player is hit in combat by an projectile, he becomes slowed, this happens while both sprinting and in regular movement.
> >
> > It is something that has never been in Halo before, and I am a firm believer that it does not have any place in Halo now.
> >
> > Honestly I am thoroughly disgusted in how the Halo multiplayer experience has been watered down into some kind of Call of Duty fanboy’s dream vacation.
> >
> >
> > Additionally I’ve do not have many good things to say about the supply drop mechanic introduced to the game.
> >
> > I realize that 343i wanted to refresh the Halo multiplayer, but I feel that this is at a cost to the core gameplay that makes Halo - Halo.
> >
> > For those that agree I would put up a poll to try and at least remove the “Bullet Stun” mechanic… perhaps if enough of us voice our discontent, we can have this shameful and ugly thing removed.
>
> Lets see how fast you run when you get shot. Just sayin.

As I preach over on the BF3 forum, balance>realism. If this was real life, you’d be dead in one shot from a DMR, but obviously, since this is a video game, it takes like 7 shots.

Regardless, The bullet stun thing doesn’t bug me because I’m used to it (MW2/Battlefield player). Though I’m sure it can be annoying to the halo players who play halo and nothing else.

> > Of all the things I noticed that 343 did wrong with the multiplayer
> > I swear the “Bullet Stun” is the worse, there is absolutely no place for a “Call of Duty” /endgameezmodeIwinbutton -Yoink!-.
> >
> > For those who do not understand what I am talking about with “bullet stun” I am talking about the mechanic in place that when a player is hit in combat by an projectile, he becomes slowed, this happens while both sprinting and in regular movement.
> >
> > It is something that has never been in Halo before, and I am a firm believer that it does not have any place in Halo now.
> >
> > Honestly I am thoroughly disgusted in how the Halo multiplayer experience has been watered down into some kind of Call of Duty fanboy’s dream vacation.
> >
> >
> > Additionally I’ve do not have many good things to say about the supply drop mechanic introduced to the game.
> >
> > I realize that 343i wanted to refresh the Halo multiplayer, but I feel that this is at a cost to the core gameplay that makes Halo - Halo.
> >
> > For those that agree I would put up a poll to try and at least remove the “Bullet Stun” mechanic… perhaps if enough of us voice our discontent, we can have this shameful and ugly thing removed.
>

What are you trying to say with that? That he’s wrong? Right?

Let’s see how fast you run when you get shot…while wearing powered armor that generates shields that stop multiple bullets and plasma dead in its tracks. Just sayin…

if you get a thank from me… I did not mean to thank you… I do not have any of those problems when i play halo 4.

Bump-tacular!

> Bump-tacular!

Please don’t bump posts. It’s considered spam. Thanks.

Stopping power, not bullet stun.