Multiplayer connection issues (since update)

Since the latest update I haven’t been able to complete a full multiplayer match. I get pulled out half way through the match and I have to reset the game. The screen is locked at the what would be the mode selection screen, except there aren’t any options just the back ground art. I thought it might be the result of a ddos attack, but this is extremely frustrating. I’m stuck at rank 75 and 6000 req point. I’m not gaining experience or req because I haven’t been able to complete a single match since around Friday.

Can you post a video of the issue? Additionally if you care to share what region are you and what is your ISP?

The same exact thing has been happening to me. Ever since the update, every other game (both Warzone & Arena), I’ve been getting removed mid-game. After that, I get stuck at the screen with the art in the background. This has happened for about 15 games for the past few days.
My connection is fine, being that nobody in my house gets disconnected, and because it started happening the same day I did the update.
My ISP is Optimum, and my region is North Eastern (NYC).
Here’s a link to a picture of the screen I’m brought to after I get removed from a game:
Imgur

My ISP is Time Warner and I’m also in the north eastern region (Ohio).

Sorry its it’s happening to you havic94, but I’m glad I’m not the only one.

I’ve recently randomly been kicked from games also, I don’t know how to share the clip but I have one on my xbox dvr thing.

> 2533274809813835;5:
> I’ve recently randomly been kicked from games also, I don’t know how to share the clip but I have one on my xbox dvr thing.

Just go to that website and type in your gamer tag.

> 2535457860414715;4:
> My ISP is Time Warner and I’m also in the north eastern region (Ohio).
>
> Sorry its it’s happening to you havic94, but I’m glad I’m not the only one.

You and havic94 are one of many. Here is a 39 page thread with many others (including myself in Upstate NY) with the same problem:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/halo-5-multiple-lag-issue/9ea0f822-5c55-4f44-b235-e9246fc3b4b5/posts

> 2533274908327839;2:
> Can you post a video of the issue? Additionally if you care to share what region are you and what is your ISP?

here ya go my video