Multiplayer Character Back Stories?

Does anyone else plan on making a back story for their Spartan IV in Halo 4?
I know for sure I am but I can’t seem to stick to one thing… I keep bouncing between so many ideas.

How about you guys and girls? Any of you plan on doing this? If so, would you mind sharing? :slight_smile:

As a big fan of both personalization and creative writing, I’d very much enjoy giving my character a backstory. However, it wouldn’t mean much of anything to anyone unless there was an actual ‘character sheet’ if you will in-game. For example, if I posted it here you might appreciate it but it would wash away quickly along with the dozens of other threads that vanish into the depths of the forum every day, and it would be wasted on my not-quite-so-dedicated-or-literally-inclined friends.

But having a backstory section in-game would be great and I’d absolutely do it then. Heck, I might even do it here for no good reason.

Yes…my spartan is really grunt is pretending to be a spartan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCZwWiLXwwU

> As a big fan of both personalization and creative writing, I’d very much enjoy giving my character a backstory. However, it wouldn’t mean much of anything to anyone unless there was an actual ‘character sheet’ if you will in-game. For example, if I posted it here you might appreciate it but it would wash away quickly along with the dozens of other threads that vanish into the depths of the forum every day, and it would be wasted on my not-quite-so-dedicated-or-literally-inclined friends.
>
> But having a backstory section in-game would be great and I’d absolutely do it then. Heck, I might even do it here for no good reason.

I only have one other friend that is interested in background stories and he’s not really the most knowledgeable for what to do for his but I still have tons of fun coming up with scenarios :slight_smile:

At one point I tried thinking of something where my spartan on Reach with all CQC armour helped to evacuate civilians along with some ODSTs. Then as the transport took off my Spartan stood back to stave off Covenant forces and that sparked something inside one of the ODSTs. This ODST would later survive the Human-Covenant war and eventually join the Spartan IV project using CQB armour to sort of commemorate the Spartan on Reach.

But there’s no CQB in Halo 4 so I’ll have to re work that haha oh well, as I said, I bounce around between tons of ideas.

> Yes…my spartan is really grunt is pretending to be a spartan!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCZwWiLXwwU

Oh God. Your grunt spartan and mine must become best friends!

> Does anyone else plan on making a back story for their Spartan IV in Halo 4?
> I know for sure I am but I can’t seem to stick to one thing… I keep bouncing between so many ideas.
>
> How about you guys and girls? Any of you plan on doing this? If so, would you mind sharing? :slight_smile:

I started with Reach on my customization story and I’m only adding to it for Halo 4. Long story short:

S-III from Tribute. Family lost to the covenant. Enlisted and was on another assignment during Reach. Was unable to get to Reach in time to be of any assistance. Afterwards, was ordered on further assignments in space/defending colonies.

Initiated for S-IV training program and transferred to Infinity.

I’ve got a boatload of details about all of that, but the short and sweet story is right there.

> I started with Reach on my customization story and I’m only adding to it for Halo 4. Long story short:
>
> S-III from Tribute. Family lost to the covenant. Enlisted and was on another assignment during Reach. Was unable to get to Reach in time to be of any assistance. Afterwards, was ordered on further assignments in space/defending colonies.
>
> Initiated for S-IV training program and transferred to Infinity.
>
> I’ve got a boatload of details about all of that, but the short and sweet story is right there.

Ooh that sounds really good! I’m glad to see I ain’t the only one doing such back stories!

> > As a big fan of both personalization and creative writing, I’d very much enjoy giving my character a backstory. However, it wouldn’t mean much of anything to anyone unless there was an actual ‘character sheet’ if you will in-game. For example, if I posted it here you might appreciate it but it would wash away quickly along with the dozens of other threads that vanish into the depths of the forum every day, and it would be wasted on my not-quite-so-dedicated-or-literally-inclined friends.
> >
> > But having a backstory section in-game would be great and I’d absolutely do it then. Heck, I might even do it here for no good reason.
>
> I only have one other friend that is interested in background stories and he’s not really the most knowledgeable for what to do for his but I still have tons of fun coming up with scenarios :slight_smile:
>
> At one point I tried thinking of something where my spartan on Reach with all CQC armour helped to evacuate civilians along with some ODSTs. Then as the transport took off my Spartan stood back to stave off Covenant forces and that sparked something inside one of the ODSTs. This ODST would later survive the Human-Covenant war and eventually join the Spartan IV project using CQB armour to sort of commemorate the Spartan on Reach.
>
> But there’s no CQB in Halo 4 so I’ll have to re work that haha oh well, as I said, I bounce around between tons of ideas.
>
>
>
>
> > Yes…my spartan is really grunt is pretending to be a spartan!
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCZwWiLXwwU
>
> Oh God. Your grunt spartan and mine must become best friends!

http://www.halopedia.org/images/8/8c/Vanguard.jpg Maybe go with Vanguard instead?

> http://www.halopedia.org/images/8/8c/Vanguard.jpg Maybe go with Vanguard instead?

Hmm… that does look rather similar. I’ll have to look more into that helmet. Thanks a ton!

I actually did a halo fanfic based on my spartan last year in high school and it got me an A. People say video games never help you in school. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now with Halo 4 comming out though I might end up scrapping the old story were he dies and transfer him into Halo 4. My only problem is that his character and my playstyle are totally different, I have my guy set up as an explosives expert and Im terrible with the rocket launcher.

> Does anyone else plan on making a back story for their Spartan IV in Halo 4?
> I know for sure I am but I can’t seem to stick to one thing… I keep bouncing between so many ideas.
>
> How about you guys and girls? Any of you plan on doing this? If so, would you mind sharing? :slight_smile:

This is the exact same plan I was thinking of for the Terminals in forge sort of. But the community shot it down.

My spartan is still Noble 6.

/thread.