Multiplayer Bots

Found this today: Halo 4 Multiplayer Bot Info

I think this would be great for replacing quitters or people who lag out with skill appropriate bots. This would also aid in training or honing skills as well as occupying time while waiting for a buddy to get out of a game. There are so many upsides to this feature I don’t see how it could have not been done in the past.

I hope its true

Sure, or they’ll just add Dedicated servers and no one will ever again have to play 1VS8, or 1 + 7bots VS 8 real players exploiting the bots to get sick stats.
Dedicated servers = no problems. However, this could mean some friendly AI for Firefight or good AI for campaign at least :slight_smile:

TL;DR…

> Sure, or they’ll just add Dedicated servers and no one will ever again have to play 1VS8, or 1 + 7bots VS 8 real players exploiting the bots to get sick stats.
> Dedicated servers = no problems. However, this could mean some friendly AI for Firefight or good AI for campaign at least :slight_smile:

based on what i could gather from this ^^^

I vote no 8D

I really hope there are multiplayer bots… They’re long over-due. I’ve wanted this since Halo: Combat Evolved. I know there are plenty of people that were in the situation I was in without a good Internet connection that loved Halo multiplayer. This would be the GREATEST piece of news they’ll hear about the new Halo, trust me.

Of course, it will be good for a multitude of different things as well. To practice on, to even out lobbies, to add a fresh bit of the game, etc. I just hope there will be some playlists without bot replacement and that the bots will be highly intelligent. Nothing is worse than a badly programmed bot AI system when it comes to multiplayer…

> I really hope there are multiplayer bots… They’re long over-due. I’ve wanted this since Halo: Combat Evolved. I know there are plenty of people that were in the situation I was in without a good Internet connection that loved Halo multiplayer. This would be the GREATEST piece of news they’ll hear about the new Halo, trust me.
>
> Of course, it will be good for a multitude of different things as well. To practice on, to even out lobbies, to add a fresh bit of the game, etc. I just hope there will be some playlists without bot replacement and that the bots will be highly intelligent. Nothing is worse than a badly programmed bot AI system when it comes to multiplayer…

yes if a player quits replace it with a bot alone? play with bots make them able to drive and do objectives

This is a good and bad idea for so many different reasons, but a few main points:

Pros:
-The biggest pro I can think of is FORGE WORLD PLAY TESTING. Seriously. Nothing would make me happier about bots than this.
-Balancing out 1vs8 type scenarios
-Intelligent AI could learn better, and get better as time goes on. Super Smash Bros is somewhat into this, whereas the more you play with a certain character, the more the game learns how people use the character, thus making for a better AI later on. Of course, everyone is the same, but perhaps the AI could learn maps and weapons better.

Cons:
-AI is still AI, and can actually hurt you in some ways. It will not respond to verbal information, thus eliminating any real strategy. There will always be ways to manipulate AI. Take this as an example: If my teammates quit/lag out in MM, and I’m on Countdown, I jetpack my way to a little hidding spot above shotgun (seriously, try this, its awesome how many people simply do not know about this spot.) You cannot program AI to hide, and would be the case for many scenarios.
-In this, as someone has already mentioned, bot manipulation for stat/cR boosting.

In multiplayer matchmaking, you should be able to turn bots on or off for your team. If you want them, then go ahead. But I would opt to have them off, since strategy is the biggest part of my game. But alas, even this comes with problems, when say in BTB when half your team quits. 2 of the remaining 4 want them, but 2 don’t. I feel like bots would come with far too many problems to be worth being programmed, as we see in the VERY dumb AI in firefight.

Love bots and my friends who don’t have live are Going to love them more

Only in customs please, or like the other person a few posts above me said: “You should be able to chose wether you want them or not”. I love those 1 vs 5 scenarios. Also, if halo 4 actually has some skill gap me and another skilled person could easily win 2-8 in social, and 3-4 around level 50.

I love bots.but only in customs please

I seriously hope this is true. This is one of the best things for me.

> Only in customs please

this

That would be interesting.

I think it would be best for Custom Games mainly. Not for MP.

I would love this, but only in Custom Games. Bots in MM is begging for stat exploitation. :confused:

> > Only in customs please
>
> this

Should be available in Custom games, Firefight, Forge and/or a single multiplayer playlist.

Hopefully it is true…

All they need know is a custom game searcher and its all over. We would then be at the pinnacle if gaming.

> That would be interesting.
>
> I think it would be best for Custom Games mainly. Not for MP.

This would be AWESOME for MP. When someone drops you can fill spots without having to bring in a player on the last part of the game which would -Yoink!- their stats etc…

> > I really hope there are multiplayer bots… They’re long over-due. I’ve wanted this since Halo: Combat Evolved. I know there are plenty of people that were in the situation I was in without a good Internet connection that loved Halo multiplayer. This would be the GREATEST piece of news they’ll hear about the new Halo, trust me.
> >
> > Of course, it will be good for a multitude of different things as well. To practice on, to even out lobbies, to add a fresh bit of the game, etc. I just hope there will be some playlists without bot replacement and that the bots will be highly intelligent. Nothing is worse than a badly programmed bot AI system when it comes to multiplayer…
>
> yes if a player quits replace it with a bot alone? play with bots make them able to drive and do objectives

Yeah, let’s make the bots as good at driving as Kat! :smiley:

> Sure, or they’ll just add Dedicated servers and no one will ever again have to play 1VS8, or 1 + 7bots VS 8 real players exploiting the bots to get sick stats.
> Dedicated servers = no problems. However, this could mean some friendly AI for Firefight or good AI for campaign at least :slight_smile:

The majority of people quit because they’re having a bad game or they don’t want to lose. Having dedicated servers would only help with the lag.