Multiplayer AI Uses Cloak Too Often

Nearly every group of AI Banished units always has multiple shrouds. Almost every base has a cloaking field over it, meaning that every single army you build requires multiple detect-units.

This is a bit of a problem, as it feels like a chore constantly replenishing very easy-to-kill detect-capable units when playing against AI.

> 2533274974033696;1:
> Nearly every group of AI Banished units always has multiple shrouds. Almost every base has a cloaking field over it, meaning that every single army you build requires multiple detect-units.
>
> This is a bit of a problem, as it feels like a chore constantly replenishing very easy-to-kill detect-capable units when playing against AI.

So you play against AI, assuming because they’re easier than players, and you want them to be even easier to beat? Are you going to go into PvP and complain afterwards that it’s a chore to have to adapt to your opponent?

> 2533274829733449;2:
> > 2533274974033696;1:
> > Nearly every group of AI Banished units always has multiple shrouds. Almost every base has a cloaking field over it, meaning that every single army you build requires multiple detect-units.
> >
> > This is a bit of a problem, as it feels like a chore constantly replenishing very easy-to-kill detect-capable units when playing against AI.
>
> So you play against AI, assuming because they’re easier than players, and you want them to be even easier to beat? Are you going to go into PvP and complain afterwards that it’s a chore to have to adapt to your opponent?

No. I play against AI to practice or if I want to occasionally play a chill match(or to test new leaders, such as this case). Regardless, this is not a difficulty issue - this is an annoyance issue. If the Elites in the FPS games constantly ran at you rather than strafing or taking cover, you would be annoyed about it too.

Whenever i play Banished or UNSC i ALWAYS have engineers or nightingales so i dont quite get where your frustration gets from. You’re not building healing units?

> 2533274974033696;1:
> Nearly every group of AI Banished units always has multiple shrouds. Almost every base has a cloaking field over it, meaning that every single army you build requires multiple detect-units.
>
> This is a bit of a problem, as it feels like a chore constantly replenishing very easy-to-kill detect-capable units when playing against AI.

I play banished quite a bit and Shrouds are very helpful and are kind of key to a strong army. Anyway, when I play against online AI (Almost all the time), if you’re banished run a few Reavers and use the leap ability and leap into the enemy army with one as they have detect and are anti-air. If you’re UNSC, make sure you have a Nightingale or two to spare and send one on a suicide-detect run. This works almost all the time for me and I no longer have troubles with this. Just always be sure to build extra detect units if you notice the enemy being very cloak-oriented. Hope this helps!

> 2533274812017904;4:
> Whenever i play Banished or UNSC i ALWAYS have engineers or nightingales so i dont quite get where your frustration gets from. You’re not building healing units?

I am and do. It’s just you lose detect-units so easily and so quickly. Losing such a critical unit(which shouldn’t be critical to every second of the game) every five seconds gets a bit repetitive. Misewell have a base dedicated to just nightingales and snipers, and have over half my population comprised of them.