Multiplayer Achievements in Halo 4

Can we PLEASE not have Multiplayer achievements in Halo 4 or any subsequent Halo titles?

Co-op? That’s fine. But COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER IS THE WORST PLACE TO HAVE ACHIEVEMENTS.

Having rewards for playing well is fine, but not if it’s something one can grind for. That’s what I don’t most games out there these days. Most reward systems are flawed so that if one wants to get X piece of armour, they need to do Y to get the achievement to unlock it or solely play Z playlist because it’s easier to get that achievement done there.

Remember in Halo 3 the vast number of people who would ask if everyone could stop playing seriously so that they can get the achievement for that helmet they wanted? I do, and it was annoying. Some people weren’t able to get some rewards because the people they were playing against were too good and those poor souls weren’t good enough or lucky enough to even think of getting that Overkill in Lone Wolves.

Infinity Ward had the right idea keeping achievements out of Call of Duty. Say what you will about that franchise (hell, I’m not even a fan), but it was smart keeping that level of grinding away from their game’s multiplayer.

Rewarding players for accomplishments is a tremendous thing to do. If one completes Legendary solo, pulls off a really difficult kill, gets tonnes of points in the Campaign scoring, lasts for a long time in Firefight, finds all of the Skulls or other easter eggs, or whatever else, that’s great! Still, if player and his friends organize themselves so that they’re just going for achievements in a game of Matchmaking, that’s just uncool for the people that just want to play the game. I don’t think I’ve had as much fun playing Halo as I did back in 2005 and 2006 playing Halo 2! Nowadays, everyone is too concerned with unlocking armour, ranking up, and getting achievements as opposed to PLAYING THE GAME.

Heh, I’m 17 and I already sound like an old man…

So yeah, who agrees with me that achievements should be left OUT of Halo 4’s multiplayer?

Or if they are in multiplayer, make them where you get them easily like just getting a simple double kill or get 10 kills with a dmr or something like that for online.

Yeah, but you have to admit, some of those easier achievements are kind of insulting, really.

“Use a Health Pack!”

Really?

I don’t know, I just think that it’d be easier if achievements were left out of Matchmaking just to keep it clean and so that that we don’t have to deal with it.

> Or if they are in multiplayer, make them where you get them easily like just getting a simple double kill or get 10 kills with a dmr or something like that for online.

If they return anyway those rewards would be shown through commendations

I don’t mind multiplayer achievements as long as you don’t have to rely on your team to get them. For example, You Ate All The Chips! is one I still don’t have because I literally NEVER get teamed up with people who actually want to win at that game, or they just simply suck at that gametype - in the rare case it actually gets voted for.

No we need them it gives the game a longer life spam I finally just yesterday got my last achievment in Halo 3 three years later, so we need matchmaking achievments and tough ones like in Halo 3 because its such a great feeling when you earn one.

> No we need them it gives the game a longer life spam I finally just yesterday got my last achievment in Halo 3 three years later, so we need matchmaking achievments and tough ones like in Halo 3 because its such a great feeling when you earn one.

Multiplayer games do not need achievements to make their lifespan longer, this is done by a ranking system, it actually being fun, regular DLC, and in Reach’s case customization, commendations and challenges. Halo’s mulitplayer achievements have always been about luck not skill and are very annoying to say the least