Multiplayer A.I. Partner

I always thought this would have been cool. I think having an A.I. partner paired with your multiplayer spartan would give you a close and personalized experienced. You could pick it’s color scheme (Like how Cortana is blue, Roland is golden), it’s pitch of voice, it’s personality and tone (if it’s calm, cocky, nervous) or whether it is a female or male. Maybe settings could allow this A.I. to be your announcer vs. the legendary Jeff Steitzer (No disrespect!). Maybe setting could allow you personalize your game announcements where Jeff can be the initial game announcer and ending voice, and your A.I. could just be the time and kill announcer.

I think this could be a very positive and different experience for Halo Infinite. You would feel even closer to your multiplayer spartan. Sure we get to change our armor and assassinations… but can you imagine having an A.I.? I would love to hear my A.I. comment on me on a getting a triple kill or seeing a little A.I. face or symbol pop up in the top side of the screen when an objective is coming up or something. Your A.I. can bring up your current game stats with a little animation and also present your end game stats. If warzone returns, maybe this A.I. can be your announcer for Warzone objectives and such. I know there would be a lot of little things to work out, but I think this would serve multiplayer well.

Do you like this idea or do you have an idea of your own regarding this? Comment below!

This is a genius idea, it would be even cooler if there was another campaign-ish gamemode like Spartan Ops which you could have your A.I. in.

Having an AI in addition to the announcer would be redundant. If I was to pick between the two, I’d go with Steitzer hands down.

I think being able to create your own AI/announcer for MP would be cool

Yes, so much yes I would love this! Especially the customizing a personality part. Would you be able to type in your own name for it or would the name depend on the voice you’ve selected? Also I’m very interested in what kind of visual customization it would have. You mentioned selecting a color so that means it would appear to you in some way, and I have a couple ideas how I’ll get to in a minute, but back to visual customization.

They could just have preset designs but let’s think about full on customization for a moment. There should be 2 main base sections being human and shape. The human section will have a Male and female option and the shapes section should have cube, sphere, and pyrimad.
The human sets would have a small variety of outfits that you could choose from that would all be widely different. Here’s a few ideas but really anything would work

• Scientist (labcoat, long pants) - Some kind of ancient soldier armor/uniform (Roman, trojan, samurai, ww2 navy guy, etc.) - A couple causal options (t shirt and shorts, or an extra skirt outfit for females, maybe a hoodie, cargo shorts, really anything) - Some kinda public heroes (firefighter, police, etc) - Skin tight suit in case you want someone like Cortana (maybe a few design/pattern presets)And then the head would have much more options from hair, to glasses, wrinkles, etc.

Now back to the idea that we would see them for some reason we have to come up with why their avatar would appear. They could just appear next to your character in a stance or something on a score board but I like the idea of incorporating them into gameplay. I think there’s a good way to make them important to capturing bases in warzone. Say for example if instead of sitting inside the base and keeping invaders out what if instead in order to capture bases, or maybe just the middle base, you have to plug your ai into a panel in the base. The avatar would appear and start the process of capturing the base. In order to stop that you would have to get to the ai and disrupt it (hold x for 4 seconds) this mechanic would also allow you to capture bases even if the enemy is inside which means they cant just sit in some camping spot and you end up searching for them so you can continue capturing. This also means you could sit outside the base while it’s being captured.

If you’re not fond of that idea how about the avatar appearing on a panel in warzone not to capture bases but to control turrets around the base?

This is pretty neat idea.Would be awesome if it got implemented.

> 2533274836465274;3:
> Having an AI in addition to the announcer would be redundant. If I was to pick between the two, I’d go with Steitzer hands down.

I think the idea is to have an AI in place of the announcer. It’s not like an announcer would even be needed if you had an AI. Between the two, I’d go with the AI in place of an announcer, especially if it was fully customizable.

> 2594261035368257;7:
> > 2533274836465274;3:
> > Having an AI in addition to the announcer would be redundant. If I was to pick between the two, I’d go with Steitzer hands down.
>
> I think the idea is to have an AI in place of the announcer. It’s not like an announcer would even be needed if you had an AI. Between the two, I’d go with the AI in place of an announcer, especially if it was fully customizable.

Not according to what this guy’s saying. Besides the redundancy, you’d be hard pressed to find a voice actor as iconic and perfectly suited for the role as Steitzer anyway; everybody else is rendered inferior by comparison. It’s really not even in the question; don’t try to fix what ain’t broke. Surely the devs have figured this out by now.

You know, this isn’t a bad idea.

If I could, I would make mine as close to Professor Farnsworth from Futurama as I could.

If this had Halo: Reach amount of customization, I’d instantly buy 17 copies of Halo: Infinite.

> 2533274836465274;8:
> > 2594261035368257;7:
> > > 2533274836465274;3:
> > > Having an AI in addition to the announcer would be redundant. If I was to pick between the two, I’d go with Steitzer hands down.
> >
> > I think the idea is to have an AI in place of the announcer. It’s not like an announcer would even be needed if you had an AI. Between the two, I’d go with the AI in place of an announcer, especially if it was fully customizable.
>
> Not according to what this guy’s saying. Besides the redundancy, you’d be hard pressed to find a voice actor as iconic and perfectly suited for the role as Steitzer anyway; everybody else is rendered inferior by comparison. It’s really not even in the question; don’t try to fix what ain’t broke. Surely the devs have figured this out by now.

Doesn’t have to happen exactly according to what he’s saying though. But I think the idea is kind of cool if done well. Can I assume you’ve played all the Halos? From CE to present? Then you should realize that plenty was ‘really not even in question’ over the course of this franchise’s history and if new ideas were squelched so easily in the name of not fixing what ain’t broke, I doubt we’d have the Halo we do now (regardless of how much any individual dis/likes it as it stands).

> 2594261035368257;11:
> > 2533274836465274;8:
> > > 2594261035368257;7:
> > > > 2533274836465274;3:
> > > > Having an AI in addition to the announcer would be redundant. If I was to pick between the two, I’d go with Steitzer hands down.
> > >
> > > I think the idea is to have an AI in place of the announcer. It’s not like an announcer would even be needed if you had an AI. Between the two, I’d go with the AI in place of an announcer, especially if it was fully customizable.
> >
> > Not according to what this guy’s saying. Besides the redundancy, you’d be hard pressed to find a voice actor as iconic and perfectly suited for the role as Steitzer anyway; everybody else is rendered inferior by comparison. It’s really not even in the question; don’t try to fix what ain’t broke. Surely the devs have figured this out by now.
>
> Doesn’t have to happen exactly according to what he’s saying though. But I think the idea is kind of cool if done well. Can I assume you’ve played all the Halos? From CE to present? Then you should realize that plenty was ‘really not even in question’ over the course of this franchise’s history and if new ideas were squelched so easily in the name of not fixing what ain’t broke, I doubt we’d have the Halo we do now (regardless of how much any individual dis/likes it as it stands).

You’re completely right—we wouldn’t have the Halo games we have today if the devs didn’t try to fix what wasn’t broken.

> 2533274839169395;1:
> I always thought this would have been cool. I think having an A.I. partner paired with your multiplayer spartan would give you a close and personalized experienced. You could pick it’s color scheme (Like how Cortana is blue, Roland is golden), it’s pitch of voice, it’s personality and tone (if it’s calm, cocky, nervous) or whether it is a female or male. Maybe settings could allow this A.I. to be your announcer vs. the legendary Jeff Steitzer (No disrespect!). Maybe setting could allow you personalize your game announcements where Jeff can be the initial game announcer and ending voice, and your A.I. could just be the time and kill announcer.
>
> I think this could be a very positive and different experience for Halo Infinite. You would feel even closer to your multiplayer spartan. Sure we get to change our armor and assassinations… but can you imagine having an A.I.? I would love to hear my A.I. comment on me on a getting a triple kill or seeing a little A.I. face or symbol pop up in the top side of the screen when an objective is coming up or something. Your A.I. can bring up your current game stats with a little animation and also present your end game stats. If warzone returns, maybe this A.I. can be your announcer for Warzone objectives and such. I know there would be a lot of little things to work out, but I think this would serve multiplayer well.
>
> Do you like this idea or do you have an idea of your own regarding this? Comment below!

I like your idea and i wont a Sergent jhonson on my warthog!

Sounds cool to me, I want a Johnson AI.

> 2594261035368257;7:
> > 2533274836465274;3:
> > Having an AI in addition to the announcer would be redundant. If I was to pick between the two, I’d go with Steitzer hands down.
>
> I think the idea is to have an AI in place of the announcer. It’s not like an announcer would even be needed if you had an AI. Between the two, I’d go with the AI in place of an announcer, especially if it was fully customizable.

I’m glad to see the positive feedback this is getting, thanks for commenting everyone! Anyway yeah, the more customization with this A.I. it would be better. I’d definitely go for the A.I. announcer partner instead. No disrespect to the O.G. announcer, I would turn on the “O.G. Announcer” once in a while just to go back.

> 2535406417205447;13:
> > 2533274839169395;1:
> > I always thought this would have been cool. I think having an A.I. partner paired with your multiplayer spartan would give you a close and personalized experienced. You could pick it’s color scheme (Like how Cortana is blue, Roland is golden), it’s pitch of voice, it’s personality and tone (if it’s calm, cocky, nervous) or whether it is a female or male. Maybe settings could allow this A.I. to be your announcer vs. the legendary Jeff Steitzer (No disrespect!). Maybe setting could allow you personalize your game announcements where Jeff can be the initial game announcer and ending voice, and your A.I. could just be the time and kill announcer.
> >
> > I think this could be a very positive and different experience for Halo Infinite. You would feel even closer to your multiplayer spartan. Sure we get to change our armor and assassinations… but can you imagine having an A.I.? I would love to hear my A.I. comment on me on a getting a triple kill or seeing a little A.I. face or symbol pop up in the top side of the screen when an objective is coming up or something. Your A.I. can bring up your current game stats with a little animation and also present your end game stats. If warzone returns, maybe this A.I. can be your announcer for Warzone objectives and such. I know there would be a lot of little things to work out, but I think this would serve multiplayer well.
> >
> > Do you like this idea or do you have an idea of your own regarding this? Comment below!
>
> I like your idea and i wont a Sergent jhonson on my warthog!

I think being able to put your A.I. into your warthog would be cool. Wouldn’t that be somethin if your A.I. could control your turret or drive for you? Man! lol

> 2533274889282194;5:
> Yes, so much yes I would love this! Especially the customizing a personality part. Would you be able to type in your own name for it or would the name depend on the voice you’ve selected? Also I’m very interested in what kind of visual customization it would have. You mentioned selecting a color so that means it would appear to you in some way, and I have a couple ideas how I’ll get to in a minute, but back to visual customization.
>
> They could just have preset designs but let’s think about full on customization for a moment. There should be 2 main base sections being human and shape. The human section will have a Male and female option and the shapes section should have cube, sphere, and pyrimad.
> The human sets would have a small variety of outfits that you could choose from that would all be widely different. Here’s a few ideas but really anything would work
> - Scientist (labcoat, long pants) - Some kind of ancient soldier armor/uniform (Roman, trojan, samurai, ww2 navy guy, etc.) - A couple causal options (t shirt and shorts, or an extra skirt outfit for females, maybe a hoodie, cargo shorts, really anything) - Some kinda public heroes (firefighter, police, etc) - Skin tight suit in case you want someone like Cortana (maybe a few design/pattern presets)And then the head would have much more options from hair, to glasses, wrinkles, etc.
>
> Now back to the idea that we would see them for some reason we have to come up with why their avatar would appear. They could just appear next to your character in a stance or something on a score board but I like the idea of incorporating them into gameplay. I think there’s a good way to make them important to capturing bases in warzone. Say for example if instead of sitting inside the base and keeping invaders out what if instead in order to capture bases, or maybe just the middle base, you have to plug your ai into a panel in the base. The avatar would appear and start the process of capturing the base. In order to stop that you would have to get to the ai and disrupt it (hold x for 4 seconds) this mechanic would also allow you to capture bases even if the enemy is inside which means they cant just sit in some camping spot and you end up searching for them so you can continue capturing. This also means you could sit outside the base while it’s being captured.
>
> If you’re not fond of that idea how about the avatar appearing on a panel in warzone not to capture bases but to control turrets around the base?

Your response is awesome. I could see the public figure thing so much! I think growing a personal bond with your A.I. would make the game feel so much more in-depth. You could carry your A.I. to the next Halo game. I think your idea with your A.I. helping you gameplay wise is genius. I think there could be some game modes revolved around this, or they could be allowed to assist you in certain game modes.