Multi-team isn't what it once was

Do you remember playing reach and that version of multi-team. It truly was chaos and most importantly it was on 4v4 team slayer maps or FFA maps.

now its on BTB maps which i think doesn’t uphold truly how multi-team is supposed to play. Its anything but chaotic and quite frankly the poorest way to implement this game mode. Do you agree I remember it being alot more fun especially with king of the hill matches, oddball and especially head hunter. Now, like I said its disappointing and boring.

a good start in right direction would be put the playlist on arena 4v4 maps.

i played multi team on torque, so idk how that happened but it was super chaotic on that map. seeing its 3v3v3v3 not 2v2v2v2

see I only got BTB maps and it was lousy.

Halo 3 Multi-Team > Reach Multi-Team

Only managed one game of H5 multi-team so far, but it didn’t really grab me. Don’t like the BTB map usage. I’d rather the game drop to 4 or 5 teams of 2 and use the Arena maps. Or stick with 4x3 but only use the larger Arena maps (Torque, Fathom/Riptide, Regret).

am I mistaken that there are not just BTB maps

I think it mixes them up between arena maps and BTB maps. That whole “box of chocolates” life analogy stuff.

I agree with you. Multi Team was one of the best game modes in Reach and I have many memories of the fun times. BTB maps really do offset the flow that this mode used to have. I understand that there’s also arena maps but I feel like Multi Teams should be strictly small-medium maps.

> 2533274805497312;4:
> Halo 3 Multi-Team > Reach Multi-Team
>
> Only managed one game of H5 multi-team so far, but it didn’t really grab me. Don’t like the BTB map usage. I’d rather the game drop to 4 or 5 teams of 2 and use the Arena maps. Or stick with 4x3 but only use the larger Arena maps (Torque, Fathom/Riptide, Regret).

thanks for agreeing with me sir

> 2533274803710238;1:
> Do you remember playing reach and that version of multi-team. It truly was chaos and most importantly it was on 4v4 team slayer maps or FFA maps.
>
> now its on BTB maps which i think doesn’t uphold truly how multi-team is supposed to play. Its anything but chaotic and quite frankly the poorest way to implement this game mode. Do you agree I remember it being alot more fun especially with king of the hill matches, oddball and especially head hunter. Now, like I said its disappointing and boring.
>
> i good start in right direction would be put the game mode on arena 4v4 maps.

If the maps were more varied in size and a bit bigger, then I would agree with you. But the fact that the maps are so small here would make them too choatic with 12 players in one match. Torque is at least big enough for some breathing room. Others would be decent too.

There was also quite a few BTB maps in multi-team, IIRC. There should be more gametypes in there, IMO. Adding oddball would do a lot to change up the pace. But it won’t truly be a proper multi-team without Rocket Race. (And that requires… Well, Race)

I can live without headhunter, to be honest.

> 2533274805467041;6:
> I think it mixes them up between arena maps and BTB maps. That whole “box of chocolates” life analogy stuff.

id rather it toss all the BTB maps out the window

I didn’t play multi team much in reach but I remember having 4v4v4v4 battles. Then with H4 they changed it to 2v2v2v2 and now it’s 3v3v3v3.

> 2533274826920712;9:
> > 2533274803710238;1:
> > Do you remember playing reach and that version of multi-team. It truly was chaos and most importantly it was on 4v4 team slayer maps or FFA maps.
> >
> > now its on BTB maps which i think doesn’t uphold truly how multi-team is supposed to play. Its anything but chaotic and quite frankly the poorest way to implement this game mode. Do you agree I remember it being alot more fun especially with king of the hill matches, oddball and especially head hunter. Now, like I said its disappointing and boring.
> >
> > i good start in right direction would be put the game mode on arena 4v4 maps.
>
>
> If the maps were more varied in size and a bit bigger, then I would agree with you. But the fact that the maps are so close together would make them too choatic with 12 players in one match. Torque is at least big enough for some breathing room.
>
> There was also quite a few BTB maps in multi-team, IIRC. There should be more gametypes in there, IMO. Adding oddball would do a lot to change up the pace. But it won’t truly be a proper multi-team without Rocket Race. (And that requires… Well, Race)
>
> I can live without headhunter, to be honest.

damn yeah how could I forget about rocket/hog race. Ohhhh good times.

I think that’s because the maps
BTB are just too big for 12 players, even with the Spartan Abilities
In my opinion there should be Forge Remakes created by the Community of some maps like The Pit, Haven, Hang Em High, Sword Base…

> 2533274826920712;9:
> > 2533274803710238;1:
> > Do you remember playing reach and that version of multi-team. It truly was chaos and most importantly it was on 4v4 team slayer maps or FFA maps.
> >
> > now its on BTB maps which i think doesn’t uphold truly how multi-team is supposed to play. Its anything but chaotic and quite frankly the poorest way to implement this game mode. Do you agree I remember it being alot more fun especially with king of the hill matches, oddball and especially head hunter. Now, like I said its disappointing and boring.
> >
> > i good start in right direction would be put the game mode on arena 4v4 maps.
>
>
> If the maps were more varied in size and a bit bigger, then I would agree with you. But the fact that the maps are so small here would make them too choatic with 12 players in one match. Torque is at least big enough for some breathing room. Others would be decent too.
>
> There was also quite a few BTB maps in multi-team, IIRC. There should be more gametypes in there, IMO. Adding oddball would do a lot to change up the pace. But it won’t truly be a proper multi-team without Rocket Race. (And that requires… Well, Race)
>
> I can live without headhunter, to be honest.

Map size and gametypes are a pretty hard constraint on multi-team at the moment. Halo 5 doesn’t have as many squad battle type medium size maps (funny considering the outcries spring detractors had about the mechanic’s effect on map size).

Multi-Team was one of my favorite playlists back in the day. Crazy King on Epitaph? Used to rack up 70-80 kills a few times on that combination.

> 2533274803710238;12:
> > 2533274826920712;9:
> > > 2533274803710238;1:
> > > Do you remember playing reach and that version of multi-team. It truly was chaos and most importantly it was on 4v4 team slayer maps or FFA maps.
> > >
> > > now its on BTB maps which i think doesn’t uphold truly how multi-team is supposed to play. Its anything but chaotic and quite frankly the poorest way to implement this game mode. Do you agree I remember it being alot more fun especially with king of the hill matches, oddball and especially head hunter. Now, like I said its disappointing and boring.
> > >
> > > i good start in right direction would be put the game mode on arena 4v4 maps.
> >
> >
> > If the maps were more varied in size and a bit bigger, then I would agree with you. But the fact that the maps are so close together would make them too choatic with 12 players in one match. Torque is at least big enough for some breathing room.
> >
> > There was also quite a few BTB maps in multi-team, IIRC. There should be more gametypes in there, IMO. Adding oddball would do a lot to change up the pace. But it won’t truly be a proper multi-team without Rocket Race. (And that requires… Well, Race)
> >
> > I can live without headhunter, to be honest.
>
>
> damn yeah how could I forget about rocket/hog race. Ohhhh good times.

That is the one thing about Reach that I genuinely miss more than others. Which is why I’m hoping Race is next after Infection.

It was so utterly satisfying killing a entire hog in a passenger seat when they were right on top of the checkpoint.

all I’m saying is halo 5 smokes halo 4 in so many ways. We just need to better the playlist by being vocal and asking for what I know would do that playlist some justification.

> 2533274885566464;13:
> I think that’s because the maps
> BTB are just too big for 12 players, even with the Spartan Abilities
> In my opinion there should be Forge Remakes created by the Community of some maps like The Pit, Haven, Hang Em High, Sword Base…

heck yeah thats Brilliant

Yeah I don’t like it.

Its like multi-bigteam battle or something. I miss the frantic close quarters multi-team action. This, isn’t good.

> 2533274805497312;14:
> > 2533274826920712;9:
> > > 2533274803710238;1:
> > > Do you remember playing reach and that version of multi-team. It truly was chaos and most importantly it was on 4v4 team slayer maps or FFA maps.
> > >
> > > now its on BTB maps which i think doesn’t uphold truly how multi-team is supposed to play. Its anything but chaotic and quite frankly the poorest way to implement this game mode. Do you agree I remember it being alot more fun especially with king of the hill matches, oddball and especially head hunter. Now, like I said its disappointing and boring.
> > >
> > > i good start in right direction would be put the game mode on arena 4v4 maps.
> >
> >
> > If the maps were more varied in size and a bit bigger, then I would agree with you. But the fact that the maps are so small here would make them too choatic with 12 players in one match. Torque is at least big enough for some breathing room. Others would be decent too.
> >
> > There was also quite a few BTB maps in multi-team, IIRC. There should be more gametypes in there, IMO. Adding oddball would do a lot to change up the pace. But it won’t truly be a proper multi-team without Rocket Race. (And that requires… Well, Race)
> >
> > I can live without headhunter, to be honest.
>
>
> Map size and gametypes are a pretty hard constraint on multi-team at the moment. Halo 5 doesn’t have as many squad battle type medium size maps (funny considering the outcries spring detractors had about the mechanic’s effect on map size).
>
> Multi-Team was one of my favorite playlists back in the day. Crazy King on Epitaph? Used to rack up 70-80 kills a few times on that combination.

They can always look towards the community for mid-size maps, if it’s that constraining.

There are quite a few good Forge maps and remakes spread around that would be excellent in multi-team, as well.

> 2533274803710238;10:
> > 2533274805467041;6:
> > I think it mixes them up between arena maps and BTB maps. That whole “box of chocolates” life analogy stuff.
>
>
> id rather it toss all the BTB maps out the window

even valhalla and sandtrap? Or the other community maps… Have you even played on btb?