spartan/flood
elite
brute
jackal
grunt
hunter
bugger

and what if you had to earn these playable charecters
.it sounds impossible and foolish , but here me out.
what if they all had different styles like the hunter was strung but slow.
bugger fast but weak, jackal could have sheild{ once earned } grunt would say random stuff, and act normal like a spartan. and they all had there own armor sets and they each had a veichle ,maybe!!! i like this idea …finnaly it would have its own playlist so not to interfeer with hardcore gamers,.

Why would I want to “earn” playing as a grunt, and only being able to hold a plasma pistol and be one shoted by like every gun?

grunts will be like spartans so its fair!!

Lolno.

inb4gow3beastmoderipoff

343 says no purple for Halo 4.

> 343 says no purple for Halo 4.

Grunts are grey and bleed blue-ish… ^^

Not trying to sound mean, but this is one of the worst suggestions i’ve ever seen. Halo isn’t a five year old’s super hero game like tekken.

he means no purple as in covenant.

@topic: it seems cool, but no. Halo 4 would turn into Hunter Vs. Hunter 1.

> > 343 says no purple for Halo 4.
>
> Grunts are grey and bleed blue-ish… ^^

Haha, oh I know, but the “no purple” simply means no Covenant.

ok fine no covenant but still it could have its own play list so you dnt have to play it if u dnt want to,and if everyone
starts liking it 343 can add more!! playlist.

update play list

> ok fine no covenant but still it could have its own play list so you dnt have to play it if u dnt want to,and if everyone
> starts liking it 343 can add more!! playlist.

You’re not understanding: No Covenant means no Covenant. I don’t think they would write in these characters if they weren’t accessible during Campaign. I’m sorry, man. Keep thinking of other ideas, though.

> 343 says no purple for Halo 4.

yes, BUT the arbiter isn’t purple.

thats probably the saddest thing ever!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no purple

I don’t know if this guy is trolling or is a genuine, bad idea.

> > 343 says no purple for Halo 4.
>
> yes, BUT the arbiter isn’t purple.

Aren’t the elites with the UNSC now, or did they part ways?

> > > 343 says no purple for Halo 4.
> >
> > yes, BUT the arbiter isn’t purple.
>
> Aren’t the elites with the UNSC now, or did they part ways?

They did part ways, but are on peaceful terms.

Guys, there will be no Covenant alien races involvement, to my understanding, in Halo 4. Races belongs to the Covenant prior are included. This isn’t to say that the Arbiter or something else might not show up later in the new trilogy, but certainly not, to my understanding again, in Halo 4.

MAYBE a brute but that is it.

To the writer of the original post,

I’m going to quite patient with you as you seem to be fairly new to the Halo franchise, welcome to the game!

First off, you have probably heard of this new Beast Mode for Gears Of War 3 right? What you’re suggesting is that a similar game mode be placed in Halo 4. Now Halo is a great series, and I think playing as the Covenant would just kill the series. For me, I think in Gears Of War, playing as the Locust kind of took away some of the atmosphere I got from playing the game.

Secondly, I think you should work a little on your spelling skills before you type up a thread on Halo Waypoint Forums. Just a suggestion.

Thirdly, don’t advertise your thread as ‘Must see, unbelieveable, wow, it’s awesome’ because that does not work, usually it pushes people away.

Also, I hope you understand that the Covenant are NOT likely to appear in Halo 4. The only chances you’ll have is if they appear in flashbacks, or perhaps just one character turns up, possibly The Arbiter as I would like to see him return as he was a very good character.

And as always, I hope you have a very nice day.

no