MS should create their own comic branch

Over the years, Bungie and 343 have created a quite a few comics. In the partnership with Marvel, Bungie crafted Helljumper, Uprising, Blood Line, and the Graphic Novel. 343 continued with this afterwards, and Fall of Reach comic came out. 343 then decided to make a partnership with Dark Horse instead. With this, there has been Initiation, Escalation, and Tales from Slipspace. Bungie had and 343 have creative control of the story. However, they were dealing with comic companies that are more interested in their own comics (Spider-Man, X-Men, ect). They push the releases of their own comics before their partner’s. And that’s understandable, they have many comics to handle, and this isn’t one they’re really concerned about. I think an awesome route to go would be for MS (or more specifically MS Studios) to create their own comic branch for their IPs, biggest one being Halo. What I would do is hire artists on like Levi Hoffmeier (just look at A Fistful of Arrows). Also, hire on aspiring new artists, especially really talented ones from the community (some of the stuff I’ve seen is amazing). I know we the fans buy the comics, but the vast majority of subscribers to these comic companies don’t care about buying Halo comics. Those of us that buy these make up a good chunk of the fanbase, and the numbers would show. Also, the branch wouldn’t have to solely rely on Halo, they could have others such as Mass Effect, Gears of War, ect. Also, maybe good writers from the community (with writing backgrounds) could be brought into the fold of the story team and write the comics. I think this would be a really cool thing for them to do.

How familiar are you with the comic book industry? Neither the marvel nor the dark horse books were ‘neglected’ in terms of advertising, production schedules, or creators assigned. It’s a pretty niche market to begin with, since the focus is primarily on small specialty shops with a devoted local fan base. From the perspective of the company licensing the book, the idea is to get Halo fans into those shops and potentially have them pick up another title or two that looks good to them. It doesn’t make sense for them not to put all they have into a an issue or story arc…as while long term fans are used to the disappointment that comes with inferior work, it certainly turns off that kid who just walked into a comic shop, because he loves Halo.

There are also myriad factors to consider involving publishing, hiring talent, the cost of getting Diamond to ship those books out to those specialty stores, among others. It isn’t as simple as hiring a writer, an artist, and an inker.

I could make a few other points about the failed transition to digital sales and the comics community’s backlash against it and the fact that a lot of regular readers are being priced out of their pull lists by the increasing production costs or the change in status from thirty years ago when comics were used to advertise toys which lead to a few massive franchises as opposed to now licensed books being used to drum up sales or simply get people to hedge towards a ‘known property.’

on my phone so I apologize for spelling or syntax errors.

Whatever they do,I will get it with two years delay or never.
Thank you local publisher.

That’s what I love about Halo, it’s a multi-media universe/franchise. The games are just a piece of the story. I see fan comic artists online, and alot of it is way better than Escalation. On top of releasing a comic series, they could release a comic of the game (I personally would prefer a novel). Another cool thing to do would be after rebranding the past comics (removing the Marvel and Dark Horse labels) to MS Comics (let’s call it that), some of the poor artwork can be reworked by the new artists down the line.

I like doing a mixture of smaller focused pieces as well as the big main story. But yeah, them crafting their own comic company probably wouldn’t be that bad of an idea. I’ve seen people on DeviantArt with some serious art skills (A Fistful of Arrows being an example) that would my the 1st on my priority list to hire. Also, members of the story team can write the comics, along with hiring on new, upcoming writers from the community (who are educated in writing). Would be so awesome.

The comics have sadly not been as good in these past few years. The writing has been ok, but the art has just been awful (what the -Yoink- is this?!) Yeah, I think MS should just be like “We’ll take care of it ourselves with our own branch” And don’t tell me it wouldn’t sell, it sure as -Yoink- would (us fans are maniacs). And MS creating a comic brand for their IPs would be really awesome. They should then hire on new/upcoming artists (and writers) and bring them into the fold. So, they wouldn’t have to worry about Halo being the only IP comic, they could also have some for Mass Effect, Gears of War, and more. And also, relabel the branding on GN, Uprising, Helljumper, Blood Line, FOR, Initiation, Escalation, and TfS to the new MS comic brand (Disney did it with Legends, no problem here). Bungie back then had, and 343 now are/were the ones directing/in charge of the story, the author listens to what they say. I think maybe the way 343 plotted Escalation out was interesting, but the authors they hired on weren’t able to convey 343’s plan properly. I think members from the community (who has a background in writing, there’s a good chunk of them) could be hired on to write the Halo comics. Levi Hoffmeier said that 343 approached him about officially publishing the comic. Eventually though, they decided not to. I think this would be the best way to go.

Should say this to Frankie and Phil Spencer, they’d probably be down with this idea. They’d probably be down with that. Hiring brand new writers and artists on. Not just for Halo, but also for their other IPs.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> Over the years, Bungie and 343 have created a quite a few comics. In the partnership with Marvel, Bungie crafted Helljumper, Uprising, Blood Line, and the Graphic Novel. 343 continued with this afterwards, and Fall of Reach comic came out. 343 then decided to make a partnership with Dark Horse instead. With this, there has been Initiation, Escalation, and Tales from Slipspace. Bungie had and 343 have creative control of the story. However, they were dealing with comic companies that are more interested in their own comics (Spider-Man, X-Men, ect). They push the releases of their own comics before their partner’s. And that’s understandable, they have many comics to handle, and this isn’t one they’re really concerned about. I think an awesome route to go would be for MS (or more specifically MS Studios) to create their own comic branch for their IPs, biggest one being Halo. What I would do is hire artists on like Levi Hoffmeier (just look at A Fistful of Arrows). Also, hire on aspiring new artists, especially really talented ones from the community (some of the stuff I’ve seen is amazing). I know we the fans buy the comics, but the vast majority of subscribers to these comic companies don’t care about buying Halo comics. Those of us that buy these make up a good chunk of the fanbase, and the numbers would show. Also, the branch wouldn’t have to solely rely on Halo, they could have others such as Mass Effect, Gears of War, ect. Also, maybe good writers from the community (with writing backgrounds) could be brought into the fold of the story team and write the comics. I think this would be a really cool thing for them to do.

That would be awesome if they had there own comic company there are tons of franchises out there. And ya " A Fistful of Arrows" was an awesome fan made comic and the art was so well done.

> 2533274840469109;6:
> The comics have sadly not been as good in these past few years. The writing has been ok, but the art has just been awful (what the -Yoink- is this?!) Yeah, I think MS should just be like “We’ll take care of it ourselves with our own branch” And don’t tell me it wouldn’t sell, it sure as -Yoink- would (us fans are maniacs). And MS creating a comic brand for their IPs would be really awesome. They should then hire on new/upcoming artists (and writers) and bring them into the fold. So, they wouldn’t have to worry about Halo being the only IP comic, they could also have some for Mass Effect, Gears of War, and more. And also, relabel the branding on GN, Uprising, Helljumper, Blood Line, FOR, Initiation, Escalation, and TfS to the new MS comic brand (Disney did it with Legends, no problem here). Bungie back then had, and 343 now are/were the ones directing/in charge of the story, the author listens to what they say. I think maybe the way 343 plotted Escalation out was interesting, but the authors they hired on weren’t able to convey 343’s plan properly. I think members from the community (who has a background in writing, there’s a good chunk of them) could be hired on to write the Halo comics. Levi Hoffmeier said that 343 approached him about officially publishing the comic. Eventually though, they decided not to. I think this would be the best way to go.

Hahahaha that horrible Halsey art is now famous :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274875328566;8:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > Over the years, Bungie and 343 have created a quite a few comics. In the partnership with Marvel, Bungie crafted Helljumper, Uprising, Blood Line, and the Graphic Novel. 343 continued with this afterwards, and Fall of Reach comic came out. 343 then decided to make a partnership with Dark Horse instead. With this, there has been Initiation, Escalation, and Tales from Slipspace. Bungie had and 343 have creative control of the story. However, they were dealing with comic companies that are more interested in their own comics (Spider-Man, X-Men, ect). They push the releases of their own comics before their partner’s. And that’s understandable, they have many comics to handle, and this isn’t one they’re really concerned about. I think an awesome route to go would be for MS (or more specifically MS Studios) to create their own comic branch for their IPs, biggest one being Halo. What I would do is hire artists on like Levi Hoffmeier (just look at A Fistful of Arrows). Also, hire on aspiring new artists, especially really talented ones from the community (some of the stuff I’ve seen is amazing). I know we the fans buy the comics, but the vast majority of subscribers to these comic companies don’t care about buying Halo comics. Those of us that buy these make up a good chunk of the fanbase, and the numbers would show. Also, the branch wouldn’t have to solely rely on Halo, they could have others such as Mass Effect, Gears of War, ect. Also, maybe good writers from the community (with writing backgrounds) could be brought into the fold of the story team and write the comics. I think this would be a really cool thing for them to do.
>
> That would be awesome if they had there own comic company there are tons of franchises out there. And ya " A Fistful of Arrows" was an awesome fan made comic and the art was so well done.

Also, imagine if they created Mass Effect comics, oohhhhhhh.

I would like a monthly halo comic series the only problem would be is it probably couldn’t connect to the games

> 2533274884096307;11:
> I would like a monthly halo comic series the only problem would be is it probably couldn’t connect to the games

It’s all one universe, all tied together. Should feel as such. Why the games need a codex.

> 2533274840469109;12:
> > 2533274884096307;11:
> > I would like a monthly halo comic series the only problem would be is it probably couldn’t connect to the games
>
> It’s all one universe, all tied together. Should feel as such. Why the games need a codex.

I just think it would be hard to keep it in universe and not have it interpret the games unless they made a comic series where it takes place in the past or something

OP - please don’t bump your topics like that. If you have any further info to add or quotes to make, please edit your last post thanks.