MP fairness, skill-gap, and classic fluidity.

The three things listed in my title were the only true things I wanted from Halo 5 Arena multiplayer. I had no idea 343 would hit those points so effectively. Definitely best Halo game since H3 in 2007. In H4, gun battles felt awkward and unfair. Little advances for players made the game largely off-putting for me and many of the social, slightly unskilled friends I play with. With H5, they hit everything on the mark. Every gun feels useful in multiplayer which is reminiscent of H3 days. In H4, the DMR was the only gun I ever used for the lifetime in which I played it. Props to 343 to bringing Halo back to its roots but adding dynamic, non-gameplay altering elements. Now just bring us new maps and split screen for H6!!

It’s definitely better than I thought. I feel beta played slightly better IMO.

I don’t see much of a skill gap yet. As long as the AR is king, players with little-no precision skill will be able to compete with players of a higher caliber.

> 2533274847970062;3:
> I don’t see much of a skill gap yet. As long as the AR is king, players with little-no precision skill will be able to compete with players of a higher caliber.

That’s the beauty though!! Skilled players are able to delve away from close range AR combat and still make the shots, but the powerful close range ability of the AR gives my friends who aren’t very good actually a fighting chance in arena. I think having a useful AR is a beautiful thing. The classic AR duel to melee is the best battle in Halo gun history IMO. It was awesome and fun in H3, and they made it fun again in H5.

Guns, useful, Halo 3, lol.
But otherwise I agree with your post.

Pistol is more or less fine.

Battle Rifle is way too easy to use. It really needs some nerfing in the aim assist department.

Assault Rifle seems overpowered. Probably at least half of my kills so far are just hiding around corners and spraying people down with it.

> 2533274809482290;4:
> > 2533274847970062;3:
> > I don’t see much of a skill gap yet. As long as the AR is king, players with little-no precision skill will be able to compete with players of a higher caliber.
>
>
> That’s the beauty though!! Skilled players are able to delve away from close range AR combat and still make the shots, but the powerful close range ability of the AR gives my friends who aren’t very good actually a fighting chance in arena. I think having a useful AR is a beautiful thing. The classic AR duel to melee is the best battle in Halo gun history IMO. It was awesome and fun in H3, and they made it fun again in H5.

This would be true if the pistol wasnt so OP

> 2533274821339472;7:
> > 2533274809482290;4:
> > > 2533274847970062;3:
> > > I don’t see much of a skill gap yet. As long as the AR is king, players with little-no precision skill will be able to compete with players of a higher caliber.
> >
> >
> > That’s the beauty though!! Skilled players are able to delve away from close range AR combat and still make the shots, but the powerful close range ability of the AR gives my friends who aren’t very good actually a fighting chance in arena. I think having a useful AR is a beautiful thing. The classic AR duel to melee is the best battle in Halo gun history IMO. It was awesome and fun in H3, and they made it fun again in H5.
>
>
> This would be true if the pistol wasnt so OP

Just give it up.

There’s nothing that promotes skill or teamwork about running around spraying with the Assault Rifle, and the Pistol most certainly isn’t OP. The AR usually shreds it in CQC, and it is vastly outperformed by the Battle Rifle at extended range.

> 2533274819302824;6:
> Assault Rifle seems overpowered. Probably at least half of my kills so far are just hiding around corners and spraying people down with it.

You can do that with any gun

> 2533274868222681;9:
> > 2533274819302824;6:
> > Assault Rifle seems overpowered. Probably at least half of my kills so far are just hiding around corners and spraying people down with it.
>
>
> You can do that with any gun

No, you can’t. You can’t effortlessly spray a precision weapon.

> 2533274819302824;8:
> > 2533274821339472;7:
> > > 2533274809482290;4:
> > > > 2533274847970062;3:
> > > > I don’t see much of a skill gap yet. As long as the AR is king, players with little-no precision skill will be able to compete with players of a higher caliber.
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s the beauty though!! Skilled players are able to delve away from close range AR combat and still make the shots, but the powerful close range ability of the AR gives my friends who aren’t very good actually a fighting chance in arena. I think having a useful AR is a beautiful thing. The classic AR duel to melee is the best battle in Halo gun history IMO. It was awesome and fun in H3, and they made it fun again in H5.
> >
> >
> > This would be true if the pistol wasnt so OP
>
>
> Just give it up.
>
> There’s nothing that promotes skill or teamwork about running around spraying with the Assault Rifle, and the Pistol most certainly isn’t OP. The AR usually shreds it in CQC, and it is vastly outperformed by the Battle Rifle at extended range.

This ^^^^

> 2533274819302824;8:
> > 2533274821339472;7:
> > > 2533274809482290;4:
> > > > 2533274847970062;3:
> > > > I don’t see much of a skill gap yet. As long as the AR is king, players with little-no precision skill will be able to compete with players of a higher caliber.
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s the beauty though!! Skilled players are able to delve away from close range AR combat and still make the shots, but the powerful close range ability of the AR gives my friends who aren’t very good actually a fighting chance in arena. I think having a useful AR is a beautiful thing. The classic AR duel to melee is the best battle in Halo gun history IMO. It was awesome and fun in H3, and they made it fun again in H5.
> >
> >
> > This would be true if the pistol wasnt so OP
>
>
> Just give it up.
>
> There’s nothing that promotes skill or teamwork about running around spraying with the Assault Rifle, and the Pistol most certainly isn’t OP. The AR usually shreds it in CQC, and it is vastly outperformed by the Battle Rifle at extended range.

So switch to AR or SMG for CQC. If two people are using the AR, the more skillful and decisive player will win the fight.

> 2533274847970062;3:
> I don’t see much of a skill gap yet. As long as the AR is king, players with little-no precision skill will be able to compete with players of a higher caliber.

There is a skill gap and its quite substantial.

> 2533274819302824;6:
> Probably at least half of my kills so far are just hiding around corners and spraying people down with it.

Well, thats your problem. You’re nothing but camping with it. Any close-range weapon is “overpowered” if you sit in a corner waiting for someone to walk by.

People who play games like you are literally, the worst.

The skill gap is extremely apparent. AR wins short range firefights. Like it should. This is called balance - all the guns are useful. Proficient AR user versus a proficient BR user, BR man wins 4/5 times. Just unloading, the difference is maybe BR guy comes out with shields gone at midrange, half health at shorter ranges, and he’ll die a few times. When we account for using the weapons in conjunction with other tools, eg, grenade followed by a headshot, the BR is streets ahead. BR beats AR 4 times out of 5.

The only thing I am not liking about Hal 5 is the aiming mechanics are terrible.

I agree with you, OP!

Except for the Halo 3 part. I haven’t felt such competition in Halo since CE.

Aim mechanics are weird. Beta was so much smoother but overall game is awesome