Move to Front/Back option in Forge?

So this option would come extremely useful when forging. Though not the most important priority of the game right now, I think this would be a wonderful addition to the game.

So In Halo Reach we had the ability to phase items into each other. Now when you did this it made the two items into a state called z-fighting. Z-Fighting is when 2 or more objects flicker when they overlap. The objects flicker because the game is trying to render them both at the same time, this makes it so the objects have to fight to get on top, thus making the flicker. This can become highly annoying when forging, especially when you have to blend two or more items into a map.

But if we had the “Move to front/back option” you would actually tell which item the game should render and put on the top/back. With this you can make maps nicer, and with less frustration. I know I would want this because then i could blend some items together to make an awesome looking structure while it being smooth.

Thoughts?

Finally, someone who knows what I’m talking about when I explain this.
I highly agree with this.

This is a good idea.

Would definitely be welcome.

> This is a good idea.

Yeah, I hope it will make an appearance in Halo 4!

i dont forge but why not lol

Good idea… as a map editor feature :wink: NO MORE FORGE!!!

> Good idea… as a map editor feature :wink: NO MORE FORGE!!!

whats the difference???

A good idea.

only if it’s simple,

it’s not worth the trouble if we have to scroll through 5 different menus in order to find the option

This would be a cool small addition! But I think the best thing they could add to forge would be the ability for items to block light and cast shadows. Such as making a pitch black room inside a closed box. All the map would look so much more natural, if items block light on other objects.

> only if it’s simple,
>
> it’s not worth the trouble if we have to scroll through 5 different menus in order to find the option

I would imagine they would make it simple to find

This would be awesome. I hope 343 reads this and uses it.